Page 31 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: ** Official Level 10 Problems Thread **

my carrier is the one with no dots and no line, 2 shims, and im using the smallest spring
    Top 10 Reasons to Date a Paintball Player:
    1.We aren't afraid to get down and dirty
    2.We know how to listen to directions
    3.We at least have a ten inch barrel
    4.We always wear protection
    5.We love to be aggressive
    6.We like to push hard, but not hard enough to get hit
    7.We clean our barrels a lot
    8.If we run out of air, it takes less than 5 seconds to get us going again
    9.We're good at moving our fingers extremely fast in small places
    10.We can move and contort our bodies into weird positions

Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.

You may very well need to go to the next larger carrier.
    The arrogance of other people annoys me. My own doesn't bother me a bit.

My Feedback

Nitro

Do you NEED nitro to work a lvl 10 bolt or can you use Co2 with an expansion chamber?

Co2 is fine for the level 10. You need nitro for the X-valve and for the Retro Valve.

ya pest, try the one with 1 dot. if that doesnt leak, then try the one with 1 dot/1 line. and if that one leaks a little, then if its a new lvl 10, the oring isnt broken in yet, so shoot a lot of shots out of it, and that might help. but if it leaks a lot then go back to the 1 dot.

I'll just get right to the point.

#0 carrier, no shims and the symptoms point to me needing to go down a carrier size. I haven't taken many shots with it, but when i squeeze the trigger the leak lessens but does not go away entirely. What should I do?

Have you tried a different o-ring in the #0 carrier?

when my kit arrived all the carriers already had o-ringsin them and it had no spares, I haven't tried other o-rings becuase I would have to remove them from the othe carriers and risk stretching them.

Did you get this kit new? It's okay to remove the o-rings adn move them around. That's kind of the point of having mulitpole o-rings and miltiple carriers. The o-rings are so small that the factory can't get them exactly the same saze with each production, so they are slightly different sizes. You'll need to swap them around until you find one that works for you. Don't worry about stretching them.

thanks for the help. I finally got it all tuned and then i started leaking at the on/off so i just went through and replaced every o-ring in the entire valve and its up and running fine.

That's great! Glad we could help. I had the smae thing happen with my on/off when I put in the level 10. I wonder if that's just a coincidence or what....

alright solve this one for me

ok i was running the 1.5 carrier with 2 shims for over a year now had no problems what so ever... my ult had 4 shims very bouncy but could never sweet spot...

today playing i was doing fine then 3rd game my trigger got extremly bouncy and i could very easily sweet spot it so im thinking cool no big deal although it did kinda worry me then towards the end of the third game air just started to shoot down my barrel

so i just took it apart now and started from scratch the only carriers that keep the the valve from leaking down the barrel are 2 and under so i fixed the leak

but...

now i cant get the pin to pressurize so there is no pressure behind the trigger at all infact it doesnt even charge once so i cant even shoot my gun...

is this directly involved with the level 10? or is it something with the valve?

on a side note i tried both ult and stock on/off no difference wont pressurize..... and a few days ago i had a similar problem fixed it but my stock on/off was controlably fast we figured over 25 cps it was shooting so i put the ult back in and it worked fine again

any suggestions?
    t33kyboy "So if a cat is dropped from 11 inches, it will most likely die."

13. k well. I have just got a xvalve and the guy i bought it from took out the lvl 10. So i got my tech to get the lvl 10 out of my classic valve into my xvalve and he said he aired it up it blew air out the barrel. The tech worked all night and couldnt find out wat was wrong with it. I am goin to work on when i get it back. I dont think they know wat they are doing please help me i really want to get my x valve working

I'd make sure it's installed properly and if so try the next smaller carrier until the leak stops.

15. the guy didnt send anymore carriers

Did you not keep the extra stuff from when you put the level 10 on your Classic? Well, if you need any of that stuff, you can get it at AGD's website: www.airgun.com

17. no i didnt will that stuff help

Originally posted by trevorjk
    alright solve this one for me

ok i was running the 1.5 carrier with 2 shims for over a year now had no problems what so ever... my ult had 4 shims very bouncy but could never sweet spot...

today playing i was doing fine then 3rd game my trigger got extremly bouncy and i could very easily sweet spot it so im thinking cool no big deal although it did kinda worry me then towards the end of the third game air just started to shoot down my barrel

so i just took it apart now and started from scratch the only carriers that keep the the valve from leaking down the barrel are 2 and under so i fixed the leak

but...

now i cant get the pin to pressurize so there is no pressure behind the trigger at all infact it doesnt even charge once so i cant even shoot my gun...

is this directly involved with the level 10? or is it something with the valve?

on a side note i tried both ult and stock on/off no difference wont pressurize..... and a few days ago i had a similar problem fixed it but my stock on/off was controlably fast we figured over 25 cps it was shooting so i put the ult back in and it worked fine again

any suggestions?

alright i gassed it back up to work on it again and its leaking down the barrel again

im now out of air so ill get some tomorrow

anyone want to take a stab at this one?

trevorjk, I'd suggest trying the smallest carrier that doesn't leak down the barrel and try turning the velocity up and see if it will fire.

Originally posted by team2face
    no i didnt will that stuff help
    Absolutely. What you need are a new set of carriers and carrier o-rings.

It is a bit odd, though, that it's leaking suddenly with the new valve. It really should have transfered over without having to re-do the o-ring trial and error part. I would take it apart, check the setup diagrams, and make sure there is not something missing in the power tube.

Ok here's my issue.....I have a classic i have installed the LVL10 with no problems. 3 shims, shotest spring, and im not too sure what the size of the carrier. but anyways.....when im in my room it shoots great! my velocity is turned up pretty high and the combo shim+carrier i have in does not leak at all. i was out playing sunday and after about 100 shots it started leaking and i went through a just filled 20oz tank in 100 shots! It was kinda cold out and i thought that had something to do with it. What is causing this horrible co2 regulation? Did i do something wrong? Whats the best known setup for shim/carrier/spring for the classic's? I had to change back to the stock bolt in the field just so i could keep playing....then i ended up chopping about 10 balls!! I LOVE the idea of the LVL10 and i want to use it and get my $90 worth of it. Please help! I am also willing to send out my marker with LVL10 to get installed "professionally" Thanks in advance....
    ~Brian
    noobie

Try stepping down to the next smaller carrier. Take the o-ring you are using now and move it down one carrier size.

What can you use to take the carrier out of the valve easily? I have tried tons of stuff and can't seem to take it out...
    Oh yeah, the level 10 seems to not be breaking paint now, but there seems to be a problem now of the trigger pin not reseting (and I have a full tank)... is that a problem with the level 10?

EDIT: Never mind, I fixed the problem. I'll post what I did to fix it.
    1. I oiled the gun, seemed to not stick as much.
    2. Changed the Carrier to 1 size larger (one of the Level 10 shims got stuck in the last thread in the power tube chamber and released, it was kinda bent so I replaced it with an extra level 10 shim)
    3. The gun shot fine afterwards, I could of been short stroking the gun at some point (trying to sweet spot it and that could of helped cause it) And I put a thick straw and even my finger in the feed neck to make sure the level 10 was working fine, the straw and my finger are still good so it must work fine
    Last edited by Zedaine; 03-16-2004 at 12:31 AM.

Mag Owner #2

Green / Black RT Pro:
    1. Evil Pipe Barrel 12" Green Tip | 2. Blade Trigger/Intelliframe
    3. X-Valve | 4. 32* Green Gel Grips
    5. Level 10 | 6. ULT (5 ULT Shims 1 Lvl 10 Shim)
    7. ULE Verticle Green Body | 8. Ricochet Apache
    9. Centerflag 68/4500 HPA Tank | 10. Dye 68ci HP Tank Cover
    11. Green Shocktech Stumpy Dropforward | 12. Shocktech on/off ASA
    13. Rogue Rail | 14. VA w/ Green CP Foregrip

Leak

I'm sorry to post this, but I don't have the patience to sift through 31 pages of posts to find the ones that are relevant to my problem.

I installed a Level X on my classic valve. Everything was fine, but now I'm experiencing a leak out of the velocity adjuster. If I turn down the velocity so as not to have the hiss out the back, she won't fire. If I turn it up so I can get her to fire, I get excess gas purging out the back. Should I look at shims or carriers, both, or should I reinstall from scratch?

Shims are probably not the issue, here. IF you have a smaller spring I would try that. If that doesn't fix things, try the next size bigger carrier. Make sure you use the same o-ring in the bigger carrier.

lvl 10 reg piston replacement

I am having the same problem as cwuchu with the reg piston. Is there a difference in the high pressure reg. piston? Just wondering which one to replace, don't want to buy the wrong part. Thanks.

If you have an older classic valve, you will want to buy the new reg piston. It has a higher pressure blow off, so you cna get higher pressure into your level 10.

CLEAR LVL 10 ISSUES

Here is what I think works...someone support this if i'm correct. If not, please let me know. Here is what worked for me:

In the instance that the:

*Marker is leaking out of back= Use smaller spring and turn down velocity

*Marker is leaking out of front= Take same o-ring out of the current carrier being used and transfer it to the next lower number carrier for a tighter fit.

Is this correct?

Now when would you know if the problem was with your shims?

Alright, I think I've figured out the soln' to my problem, but I just want to bounce this off you guys..

Classic RT.. Older one, I think S#001445 er somethin' like that. Anyways, LVL 10 installed, default parts (2 grooves, 2 spacers), when you gas it up, the trigger rod either

A) Doesn't come forward
    B) Comes forward but is "spongy"
    C) Once in a blue moon, it will fire 1 or 2 times, then not re-charge.

When we tried turning the velocity up, it started blowing out the back. My understanding is I need a new reg piston, is that correct? Is it old enough to have "The old reg piston"?

Plz help.

Cheers

---
    An All AGD team in Central B.C. on its way. -- Tom Kaye, plz help!
    ---
    Page 31 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast