Thread: Ao-oh

Ao-oh

Is it just me, or does it seem like no ones from (or currently living in) grand old Ohio. I live just outside of Akron, maybe about 20mins. away). How many of you live around here? Or am all alone... Well, I play at Pinnacle Woods in Chardon. If any of you play there (or feel like playing there), PM me and we'll schedule a date, or I'm always willing to try out a new field.
    Autocockers are the greatest markers ever made.
    ~The greatest BACKUP markers to AUTOMAGS!!

Only temporary, get'n a new sig soon.

wow you must go along way to play there. i live about 1 and a hlf hours away from akron. i play at pinncle alot

I live in Tallmadge. Indian Springs is going to be under a new owner (the guy that owns Underground Sports), and they are supposed to be really turning the place around. Its still being cleaned up from what I hear, but I'm going to be checking it out on 8/7. I played there a ton a few years ago, but haven't been back in a long time. That's really close to Akron.

Saturday, i will be at Paintball Village in Olmstead Falls.

-- I work in akron, well, its almost in barberton, but still, i know the area.

Indian springs was good, i went a few months ago. its a little mom and pop thing, or it was, atleast.

I'd like to get a team together, but, noone around is interested. nor people have the money.

Anyone up for it? we can find a central meeting place, and figure someting out.

Quote Originally Posted by Restola
    Indian Springs is going to be under a new owner (the guy that owns Underground Sports), and they are supposed to be really turning the place around.
    Wow, I didn't know Dan (I assume) was buying the place! I'm gonna have to check it out. I live in Cuyahoga Falls, Underground is only about a mile away from me. Awsome! I played at Indian about 7 years ago, when I was still a newb, and I was treated horrible. I got no tech help with my high velocitied Spyder and was forced into using a rental, the lady head judge was a jerk and favored the common player with their shoe-box Shockers and such (ex. giving them only one newb and all of them, then the rest of the newbs on another team). Also, we litterally only played the field behind the shack. That's it! We didn't use any of the other, at the time, three fields. That's why I play at Pinnacle, it was the first to give me a good time. But hey, If Underground owns it, heck ya I'm in!

I'm currently playing on a team right now. We're called 80 Proof. We're playing in the Pinnacle Woods tournament series (Division B). We won 4th last tournament. Over the winter, we'll be looking for a replacement player and sokme new players this winter. If you check out the site, Snowball (holding the trophy; also our captain) and I (the stocky one on the right, I belive) want to continue the tourney scene next year, but James (the tall, thin one) is leaving for bootcamp (Army Special Forces: Medic). If anyone around here is interested, PM me your contacts. We'll likely be hosting a tryout session sometime over the course of the winter (the guys we play with really suck at speedball, that's why we don't recruit them. But they're really good at woodsball!), and I'll contact you at somepoint and let you know when and where the tryouts will be held.

Also, Snowball and I are going to be starting a paintball club at our high school (Cuyahoga Falls High. Go SENIORS!), so if any one wants to drive there and check it out, be my guest! I'll post our meeting times later once they're disscussed.

Sorry for the lengthy post, but I hope to get some player PMs. We do plan on playing the Pinnacle series next year, and possibly Mello Yello. We will most likely be playing div. B again, so make sure your blowback semi, pump, or mech 'cocker is in good shape!

EDIT: Just throwing, we don't have an age limit for those wanting to try out, and neither does the club.

EDIT: Sorry, I was thinking and I thought I'd throw this in. The club website is www.realpb.cjb.net. I was going to open it as an information site, but I don't have the time for a full scale "paintball eveything" info site. Right now there are alot of broken links, but the forums are up, so if anyone wants to, leave a post!
    Last edited by Lenny; 08-09-2005 at 08:23 PM. Reason: just throwing in

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny
    the lady head judge was a jerk and favored the common player with their shoe-box Shockers and such (ex. giving them only one newb and all of them, then the rest of the newbs on another team).
    lol thats Karen. She's hilarious and has always been like that. I remember they usually balanced it out, and will quicker if you speak up (the male ref, Flowers, is a lot more receptive).

Anyways, I didn't get out last weekend, but I plan to go tomorrow. I don't know the hours or prices since Dan took over, but I'm going to give them a call today. I'll be playing with a stock ion and a AO hat if you come out.