Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New England AO Days Consolidation Discussion

Yep, Oct. 5th (a Saturday). People had mentioned doing it on a Sunday, but Saturday enables people to spend the night. And if CCPB works out, take advantage of Cape Cod night life.

Hmmm...I didn't see a vote on it. I'd think the vote for "AO" would be on "AO" as apposed to another forum. There is a P&L tournament there the next day if that make any difference. I do know that some people from the area might have a hard time doing two big days in a row. If it comes down to it I'll be there but I'd rather do it a diferent day.
    "Relax. Don't worry. Have a Home Brew."
    -Charlie Papazian

Feedback: https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...threadid=40134

if theres a tourney on oct 6 it may not be a good idea as there will be many teams practicing on oct 5 and it will be a big pain in the keister

We decided on October 5th as a tentative date because allot of people had said late sept., early oct. worked best. It also gives us plenty of time to prepare.

If there is enough opposition to where it will hurt turnout, we'll look at another date. Please, everyone speak up on this. Let us know if Oct 5th presents a problem that will keep you from attending.

Oct. 12th work better for people?

if there is a tourney the day after i doubt we could get CCPB to let us do it. but whatever, any saturday works for me.

has anyone contacted the field and figured out prices for paint and air and all that good stuff?
    "The Fine Print: Discontinue use if your eyeballs suddenly get way smaller."

I plan on going to PNL so oct 5th wouldn't work. Why not have it a week before oct 5th. That way the people playing in PNL can get a feel for the fields while having a fun day of play?

heres the prices from their website

Pricing
    1.) Walk on $20.00: Your own Gun (Guns subject to speed check) Field paint only on CCPB fields

2.) All Day Air Fill $10.00: Nitro or CO2

3.) Full Rental $35.00: Includes: Mask, Gun (Model 98 Tippman), 200 Rounds of paint, All day air fill (CO2),

4.) Field Paint $65.00 (per case): Rental Players MUST use Field Paint

5.) Air Fills: Nitro $2.00 per Thousand (We can fill to 4500 psi)

6.) Air Fills: CO2

CO2 Tank Size Price Per Fill
    7 - 9 oz. $3.00
    12 - 14 oz. $4.00
    16 - 20oz. $6.00
    http://capecodpaintball.com/prices.html

is there any way we could get lower rates or anything?

the week before the 5th is good for me or the week after.

im trying to get ahold of ken but he seems to be away, perhaps something came up i hope all is well

the last weekend in sept(28-29th) works for me.... either day to boot too =)

figure right about that time the weather should be cooling down and most of the summer tourists (if its tourist season why cant we shoot them) should be gone or atleast a good portion of them....

well i guess that is my 2¢ worth for this.....
    Virus, King of the Basement Trollz has spoken

i vote for the 28th
    Gecko
    Aka tech
    Chuff
    Chuff

patronGOP - add a poll to this thread about the date. i vote for the 28 also.

The 28th/29th sounds good to me.

I of course vote for the 28th because i was the one that recomended that day.

I'm go for the 28th.

September 28 seems like a reasonable day. As far as the field, like I've said before, I have no problem with going to Cape Cod.
    There are three kinds of people in the world: Those who can count, and those who can't.

With understanding comes understanding.

If the saying is true that we are what we eat, aren't we all just cannibals?

I can't add a poll, I'll start a new thread and add a link to it.

Header Updated
    Last edited by Patron God of Pirates; 07-26-2002 at 09:17 AM.

alright fellas if its in cape cod i herby nominate my team to ref and orginize a informal tourney, cost has yet to be determined either 50 for a 5 man(10 a head) or 30 for a 3 man(to cover costs) depending on how many people show up, i will contact all major and minor companies about prize packages hers the catch if your whole teams uses mags subtract 10(5man)or 5(3man) bucks of the entry price. we may even man the grill
    anyway heres the list so far of companies

Kingman/Raven(prizes tba its to soon to tell there budget i need to wait untill sept 1st)
    Irbodden's Pimptastic barrel Condoms!
    donggie is donating a new system x swing trigger for the cocker to be raffled!

other companies i have called and left messages or will call on tuesday
    Paintball inc
    Custom products
    Proaction footwear
    Power lyte
    Paintball junkies
    Nortwest
    Centerflag
    Rhino
    Dye
    Planet eclipse
    Zel
    Aci
    Crossfire
    Ballistic sports
    Adco
    Power Block
    Smart Parts
    App
    so tell your friends to join in the community and come down!
    Last edited by dansim; 07-26-2002 at 09:11 PM.

Originally posted by dansim
    alright fellas if its in cape cod i herby nominate my team to ref and orginize a informal tourney, cost has yet to be determined either 50 for a 5 man(10 a head) or 30 for a 3 man(to cover costs) depending on how many people show up, i will contact all major and minor companies about prize packages hers the catch if your whole teams uses mags subtract 10(5man)or 5(3man) bucks of the entry price. we may even man the grill
    anyway heres the list so far of companies

Kingman/Raven(prizes tba its to soon to tell there budget i need to wait untill sept 1st)
    Irbodden's Pimptastic barrel Condoms!

other companies i have called and left messages or will call on tuesday
    Paintball inc
    Custom products
    Proaction footwear
    Power lyte
    Paintball junkies
    Nortwest
    Centerflag
    Rhino
    Dye
    Planet eclipse
    Zel
    Aci
    Crossfire
    Ballistic sports
    Adco
    Power Block
    Smart Parts
    App
    so tell your friends to join in the community and come down!
    No offense, but I think still think this is a bad idea. That was never the purpose of AO Days. It was not about having a tournament, and all the other stuff that goes with it… it is more about meeting each other and having a good time. And then saying you would open it up to the public…. Come on, this is getting a bit out of hand.

My vote is still NOT to have a Tournament… and I can safely say that if there WAS, I would not come. Again, in my opinion that is not what AO Days were suppose to be about. If I wanted to go to a tournament, I could do that at ANY time… AO Day is something different.
    Last edited by shartley; 07-26-2002 at 07:30 PM.

yeah i changed my mind about thatother part but by informal i mean it starts at 1pm and aoers play for prizes
    prices will go down i can gaurantee but i was gonna offer up some cash for the pirst place team its all relaxed no pressure

also i have notified these comps as it will be informal and all just for fun i thought peopel would like some stuff to go home with

i like prizes and stuff, and i would love to play it as a tourney, but i dont feel like paying for it, i would rather just play.

howeve, i would pay a little (ten bucks?) if i meant we could get prizes of some sort.

Originally posted by dansim
    yeah i changed my mind about thatother part but by informal i mean it starts at 1pm and aoers play for prizes
    prices will go down i can gaurantee but i was gonna offer up some cash for the pirst place team its all relaxed no pressure

also i have notified these comps as it will be informal and all just for fun i thought peopel would like some stuff to go home with
    I still think a tournament is a bad idea. Many of us will not be coming as a group, and would like to not have to deal with that stuff. It would also mean the “tournament” folks would have priority on the fields and that is just not fair. Also, what about those who don’t WANT to “compete” like that? Do they deserve “prizes” any less?

Again, I don’t think AO Days were suppose to be about that. Prizes are great, and I am sure you can STILL get prizes for folks without having a tournament. The NJ folks seemed to do quite alright… so can we. Just getting as many folks together as we can will be a great thing….. again, if we wanted a tournament environment we could get that almost anywhere and not bother making the trip.

but didnt the have a 3 man? i was think of having it on just the airballl field by the parking lot, for the larger prizes( i only have 2 people that say totally yes so far) but im also planning raffles for more stuff for people that dont want to participate

i like the idea of having sort of a pick-up tourney. no tourney environment, just get your team and play the tourney, then play others for fun between games, or talk, or whatever. no biggie. i think it would be fun, but paying isnt a good thing (i changed my mind, i dont want to pay anything beside field fees and paint and such.

I think sniper's and shartley's ideas are both great.
    And best of all can be combined. As long as the whole affair is kept lo-key/relaxed it should be fun. If there were a pick-up tourney I think all prizes should be of the fun and humorous sort. This should be set up so we can all relax and get to hang out. But I'm with shartley, I'm not driving my butt all the way through or around Boston and then have a crappy time. I appreciate everyones effort and want to thank you for all that you guys have done so far, but if this turns into a serious tourney scene I won't show.
    Thanotos

http://www.factcheck.org

People who are on teams with each other shouldn't play with each other, and I'm thinking maybe higher-level players ought to ref or sit. We should still have some rec games too. Maybe make the tourney real short (like 2-3 hours). I'm sure we can work it out.
    AKA Viking #393
    AGD RT Pro #948

MACHINE & R-I-T BLACK

Plymouth Paintball Supply
    508-732-7202

actually what i was thinking was have everyone who wants to participate write there names down and ill mix em up and pull out 3 or 5 names and tada a team

why not a top gun tourney?

that would be cool because only one of my friends plays paintball consistantly besides me and i bought his mag so he cant go anyway . and i would like to play in a tourney so mixing up everyone would be cool. if you do that though dont mix everyone with everyone mix back players with back players and fronts with fronts and such so you dont get all front players or all back players

EDIT: also doesnt matter which day for me we do this on

The later the better for me.

I think a pick up tourney would be OK but any tournament style play should be secondary to what the event is about. Keep the event about meeting everyone and just having fun. I don't want to scare people away with the focus being about a tournament. Let's not get caught up in tournaments and prizes and all that stuff. Let's just have fun.