Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New England AO Days Consolidation Discussion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lightbulb UPDATE!

This top message will remain in flux to bring you changes in information regarding the NE AO Day.

All of this information will remain flexible until the official announcement thread.

Place: Cape Cod Paintball (Pending discussion with Field Owner)
    Date: September 28th or October 12th VOTE HERE

We are currently working on ideas for events and prizes. The idea of a PIF raffle has been proposed, and we are pursuing other avenues to get prizes donated. The only event which has been discussed so far is a 3-Man state based tourney.

Event ideas are welcome. Prize donations are very welcome. Please contribute any of your thoughts to this thread.

Check back at this header from time to time for updates.
    Last edited by Patron God of Pirates; 07-26-2002 at 09:16 AM.

ya we decided that we are gunna do a new england day in my MA AO day thread... we cant decide between Cape Cod Paintball or ADVENTURE GAMES PAINTBALL in NH...

check it out... https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...threadid=43976

PS: your help/input is wanted... if you would like to orginize im sure you could....
    Last edited by HoppysMag; 07-23-2002 at 10:21 AM.
    "You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." -John Morley

the later the better for me...so I will be home. Dont really care where....but early oct works for me.
    X-mag #10. Nuff said.

my feedback

I'd go to a CT AO meet. I missed NJ AO II b/c of prior engagements.

I would go to a AO meet in New England, I live in RI and in september i'm getting my new minimag.

do we really need to cater to all the wierdo's in NH and maine and vermont?

how close is adventure games to the border?
    "The Fine Print: Discontinue use if your eyeballs suddenly get way smaller."

i won't speak for NH and vermont, but I consider us in maine to be quite normal

ME or NH would work for me (and i could probably bring a bunch of friends and convert them)

Big NJ turnout for you?

Hey Patron,
    Get us the details as soon as you can. Since a whole bunch of you came down to NJ AO II day, maybe we can return the favor and road trip up to support you guys.

how about www.paintballny.com the guy there is really nice and will probably let us use his field. Last time I checked it was BYOP but if u buy his paint they like you better.

Also last time Iw as there they had hyperball and could put up Sup Air

howa bout warzone in rhode island!

Why not have it in Florida!

Come on guys, NH or MA please. It IS a New England AO Day after all. I am all for having everyone come, but you have to remember ALL of NE, and try for a central location that is fair for everyone.

www.ShartleyCustoms.com
    Custom Paintball Products and Accessories
    CLICK HERE to Check out our PDU SERIES GEAR!

its more like a paper cut that has primadonna's yelling murder... - Glickman

How about Skirmish, than I can go!

Important points to consider:

1. Central location: (Eastern Mass seems most convenient to majority of players from Mass, RI, Southern NH and ME coast)
    2. Fields: A mix of woods and concept fields would be nice for all players (Adventure Games is a great field, but almost exclusively woods, Don't know about Cape Cod)
    3. Price: BYOP would be best, any fields allow this?

Did the NJ day play at an organized field or was is an organized outlaw place, just curious?

Originally posted by RusskiX
    Important points to consider:

1. Central location: (Eastern Mass seems most convenient to majority of players from Mass, RI, Southern NH and ME coast)
    2. Fields: A mix of woods and concept fields would be nice for all players (Adventure Games is a great field, but almost exclusively woods, Don't know about Cape Cod)
    3. Price: BYOP would be best, any fields allow this?

Did the NJ day play at an organized field or was is an organized outlaw place, just curious?
    yes me and Patron god of pirates took those into account and are currently searching in northern MA, Southern NH and areas we think would work. Cape Cod has both woods and speedball but is a little out of the way. we are working on a desicion, hopefull yby next week.

simply put ccpb is the best paintball feilds in mass since global closed and thats not just my opinion it maybe a lil longer for me people but its a central state in comparison to the 4 surronding it

I'll probably be able to go to the NE AO Day if it's on a Sunday some time in the fall. Cape Cod Paintball would be an awesome place to have it as they have tons of fields there. If you are looking for a BYOP field in Mass, the only one I know of is Friendly Fire in Upton. I was waiting for one of these to pop up - I just wouldn't be able to make a couple hundred mile trip this summer. cwuchu@hotmail.com - you can email me more about it if you'd like or if you'd like to find out more about FF or CC. I'd say you could put my name down for attending one if it's remotely close (somewhere in mass or RI - NH is pushing it a little but probably)

hey.....

Hey that would be a great idea and just get some details up when you get it worked out. Hey im in Vermont who ever said we werent normal?? . Most people arnt but id like to think im not too crazy yet.

I vote Cape Cod. It's WAAAY far away from me but it's a great field and southern NH already had TK visit us and AG last year, so we should spread the love. Sundays are best because sometimes I have XC races on Saturdays in the fall.
    AKA Viking #393
    AGD RT Pro #948

MACHINE & R-I-T BLACK

Plymouth Paintball Supply
    508-732-7202

My vote is eastern Mass. I'm not from that area, so I can't recommend any good fields though. That's not to say that if the NE AO Day ends up in NH, I won't be there (I've traveled up to NH for a single day of paintball). I think Cape Cod sounds good, but it'd just be difficult for a lot of people, as it's out of the way.
    There are three kinds of people in the world: Those who can count, and those who can't.

With understanding comes understanding.

If the saying is true that we are what we eat, aren't we all just cannibals?

Originally posted by Rynoboy06
    I vote Cape Cod. It's WAAAY far away from me but it's a great field and southern NH already had TK visit us and AG last year, so we should spread the love. Sundays are best because sometimes I have XC races on Saturdays in the fall.
    The more I keep hearing, Cape Cod seems the best place factoring all members, conditions, etc.

As for what day…. I don’t care.

Now for the NH already had TK visit thing…. That was not an AO thing, sorry. That was done by Adventure Games and took much planning and prep work…. It was not an AO Day, it was an AGD thing.

If AGP was the most logical place for an AO day for New England (which it appears it is not) I would not care how many times Tom went there, or how many AO Days were held there…. We all share by GOING and having it at a place that is fair for all.

well i would have to aim for central-eastern mass then because that way i wouldnt have to have my mom drive so far(and we wouldnt have to wake up at 2 instead of 4)

and then i could have my mom stop by boston paintball in boston and haggle off my tippmann and such

hehe ill bring my cocker with me too...

Detailiods

Cape Cod Paintball is definitely one of the front runners at this point. The slightly out of the way location is he only thing it has going against it.

I'd like to here from some Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont people about the location.

Every field we've looked into so far has it's ups and downs. BYOP, but no speedball fields. Cheep paint, but no all day air. I intend to talk to the field owners about group rates etc., but we are going to have to make a compromise on something.

1stDeadeye, we are working very quickly so we can get details up. I know from experience, the further away you are the more notice you need. I would love to see allot of the Jersey peeps here at NE AO Day.

So let us know if you have any good locals to consider, and also how you feel about Cape Cod, or any other recommended locations. Also, chime in on the types of activities you'd like to see. I've been milling over the idea of a state based 3-man tourney and some other things.

Re: Detailiods

Originally posted by Patron God of Pirates

So let us know if you have any good locals to consider, and also how you feel about Cape Cod, or any other recommended locations. Also, chime in on the types of activities you'd like to see. I've been milling over the idea of a state based 3-man tourney and some other things.
    I'm good for cape cod and i can bring 4 other people, 3 of us shooting mags. I just started a 5 man team for a local feild League. we havent started yet and this would be a great practice for us.

Re: Re: Detailiods

Originally posted by Raptor3359

I'm good for cape cod. I just started a 5 man team for a local feild League. we havent started yet and this would be a great practice for us.
    Team practice? Interesting concept... I thought AO Days were for fun and camaraderie for fellow mag owners and AO members.......

Re: Re: Re: Detailiods

Originally posted by shartley

Team practice? Interesting concept... I thought AO Days were for fun and camaraderie for fellow mag owners and AO members.......
    we r a brand new team, we could use it, and it cant hurt to learn off great players. what better way to have fun and camaraderie then playing paintball?

I was only razzing you.....

This is going against the whole planning of this thread...but Rogue in Maine would make an excelent feild for this...2 speedball and a piss load of woods. I do think this would be worth the extra time driving for other people (Actually, more like less for me lol )

But no really..Sounds great. I will most likely be in, espesially if it is BYOP.

Originally posted by dansim
    simply put ccpb is the best paintball feilds in mass since global closed and thats not just my opinion it maybe a lil longer for me people but its a central state in comparison to the 4 surronding it
    Dansim is right about this. It is the best place in MA. $65 for a 2000 case of team colors plus the ability to do 4500 fills. Early October would be good.
    "Relax. Don't worry. Have a Home Brew."
    -Charlie Papazian

Feedback: https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...threadid=40134

i agree with ccpb
    big parking lot for cookout/debauchery
    easy access to hotel
    easy to find
    amazing fields, last nepl had 3 tubeless supair, 3 hyperball, a barrel wrap field and several woods field
    I vote late september early october
    Gecko
    Aka tech
    Chuff
    Chuff

If we have this, will we be mixed in with walk o players? Or will we get our own group? Also wants a date is final let me know. I have a real hard time getting off from work.