Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New England AO Days Consolidation Discussion

The last nepl is in maine. That is prolly quite a hall for some of the southern New england peeps. The place is awesome though. The only problem is thatit is in the direct sun. So if it is really hot (like last NEPL) we will die! I was thinking about candia paintball and kingston (1 airball field) because they are cheap and are both right off the highway. Both are in NH but candia onl has 2 fields and kingston 1. I would rather not go to weare. I am not much of a woodball player. I would rather it be at a place with mostly speedball. I vote for late august, because once school starts getting up it will be harder to make it.

I'm capable of going to Cape Cod, so it's fine with me. I had just suggested Mass because it seemed more convenient.

Oh, and Raptor3359, if your looking to learn from great players, you might not want to watch me, I'm really not very good.
    There are three kinds of people in the world: Those who can count, and those who can't.

With understanding comes understanding.

If the saying is true that we are what we eat, aren't we all just cannibals?

Well if we get enought people to say they can def. go, I would think that the store owner would reserve that day.

About the walk ons: My thought is that we'll need people to show the tongue trick to that don't actually know the result. We can spread the word among them.

Three NEPL's this year are at CCPB, one was in Maine, one in NH. CCPB seems to be reachable by that crowd.
    AKA Viking #393
    AGD RT Pro #948

MACHINE & R-I-T BLACK

Plymouth Paintball Supply
    508-732-7202

Originally posted by paintballrulzs
    The last nepl is in maine. That is prolly quite a hall for some of the southern New england peeps. The place is awesome though. The only problem is thatit is in the direct sun. So if it is really hot (like last NEPL) we will die! I was thinking about candia paintball and kingston (1 airball field) because they are cheap and are both right off the highway. Both are in NH but candia onl has 2 fields and kingston 1. I would rather not go to weare. I am not much of a woodball player. I would rather it be at a place with mostly speedball. I vote for late august, because once school starts getting up it will be harder to make it.
    I vote NOT Candia.... I am not getting into it, but I think it would be a poor place for an AO Day... and I will leave it at that.

As for August and not September or October because of school..... LOL You are kidding right? A lot of us have jobs, what makes school any different?

ok we are looking into field based on... Entry Price, BYOP or FPO, if FPO paint prices, location, # and Kind of fields, fill prices, N2 Avilible?, 3k or 45k ( not that big of a deal but could be the deciding factor on a couple of them) and more... at the moment we have 3 fields in mind, one is really nice but prices are steep, one is BYOP but we dont know about speedball, the other is FPO with lots of speedball and woods but might be to far out of the way. we will have an anouncment next week.
    "You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." -John Morley

I think we should do a vote/poll on the location (we can work on times after). Only people who think they could make it. None of that pie crap I'd like to see a real result.
    "Relax. Don't worry. Have a Home Brew."
    -Charlie Papazian

Feedback: https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...threadid=40134

well as far as ccpb goes... it may seem out of the way... but once you are on 495thats the last road you need to worry about... it changes to another rt number but is the same road... go over the canal on the bourne bridge and the field entrance is about 3/4 of the way around the rotary.... 1st time i went there lookin for it i found it on my 1st time around teh rotary... which for me was a good day =)
    Virus, King of the Basement Trollz has spoken

i am up for a trip ccpb sounds great there fields rock

i will talk to ken crane tonite

edit: he was out tonite ill call him tommorow evening
    Last edited by dansim; 07-24-2002 at 07:29 PM.

well when you get a location and a date ill start begging my mom to bring me

I havn't been to Cape Cod but my roomates have and said it was great. We're heading there Aug 10 to go play so I'll get a better idea.
    As for An Ao day in NH...I'm not to sure. I've hit up every field in this state and I don't see one that would cater to our needs except Canobie in Windham. Adventure games, I'm not sure how others feel but I find Cynthia a bit on the greedy side. Candia is too small, Canobie perfect but expensive. My vote is Canobie or Cape Cod.

As for Skirmish sure if you wanna drive seven hours to
    po dunk PA, At least they had a strip bar(the talent was sub par but boobs is boobs)!

Skirmish D-Day 2002: Germans "most annoying team"
    HA...the allies had no chance!!
    Spooky 15
    TokenKrofe

Check out my Sponsor
    http://www.PaintballRocks.com

Feedback
    PBReview Feedback

Ebay Feedback

PBNation Feedback

Originally posted by shartley

I vote NOT Candia.... I am not getting into it, but I think it would be a poor place for an AO Day... and I will leave it at that.

As for August and not September or October because of school..... LOL You are kidding right? A lot of us have jobs, what makes school any different?

It is different because once i start school I will work like every weekend. Now i can get 1 day a weekend off, but in septemeber and august i will have soccer so the only day i have off is the weekends and i will have to work both days so i can maintain my job.

It'd be great in cape cod. I'll bring some of my friends who don't own mags but still like mine. Mark me down for 4 people.

I'd do my very best to make it to cape cod. Also guys, a smaller place thats also good is camppaintball in Kingston, MA right before the cape. The owner guy Wes is super cool, i bet they'd let us use it. Maybe it could be a spillover AO day for whoever doesnt make it to cape cod Anyhow, its 10 bucks to get in, there getting 4500 fills already or really soon (last i heard the boosters were in the mail), and they have 2 woods fields and 2 speedball fields.

Im tired.
    My Feedback

"Game...Blouses"

Camp Paintball is a cool place I just didn't think they had N2.

I think we should def play at the cape. Shartly i don't know what the big deal is with candia. They are great people. The only other field i can think of is canobie paintball in salem but i have never been there. I heard it was way over priced, worse than weare.

Originally posted by paintballrulzs
    I think we should def play at the cape. Shartly i don't know what the big deal is with candia. They are great people. The only other field i can think of is canobie paintball in salem but i have never been there. I heard it was way over priced, worse than weare.
    Like I said, I will not get into it.. but I know more about them than the average bear. I will leave it at that.

Being "great people" does not cut it in my book. My reasons have nothing to do with how personable they are.

didnt they (camp) say they would have the castle done LAST year, and that they were getting N2 about 2 years ago? also, the castle sucks and the speedball fields arent that great. also, the last three times i went, wes didnt show, though twice his own refs were there to play and they said it should open. he really has to learn how to run a buisness.
    "The Fine Print: Discontinue use if your eyeballs suddenly get way smaller."

Shartley I'm wondering about that Candia thing are you talking the Manch indoor paintball owners or the new owners?
    Plus the place has only two fields....whoopee!
    As for Canobie a bunch of wood courses and a huge speedball field, hyper and supair. but expensive...worst then Adventure games...and we all know how expensive Cynthia can be!

Originally posted by TheClapp15
    Shartley I'm wondering about that Candia thing are you talking the Manch indoor paintball owners or the new owners?
    Plus the place has only two fields....whoopee!
    As for Canobie a bunch of wood courses and a huge speedball field, hyper and supair. but expensive...worst then Adventure games...and we all know how expensive Cynthia can be!
    Actually, both.... again, I will not get into it on an open forum... and for obvious reasons...

Yes, Cynthia is a bit on the expensive side. She always gives back at each "Big Game", but I admit that for the average player, you either have to be a member, or not play very often.

Speaking of playing.. I will be there this Sunday!

Does anyone have a good reason for not trying this at Cape Cod Paintball? So far all I've heard are accolades. Please don't say it is to far unless it is actually to far for you to attend.

Originally posted by Patron God of Pirates
    Does anyone have a good reason for not trying this at Cape Cod Paintball? So far all I've heard are accolades. Please don't say it is to far unless it is actually to far for you to attend.
    I think Cape Cod would be an excellent choice - though i have never played there. Cape Cod is however a great place to spend a cool september night after the games and has plenty of Hotel and NightLife activities for anyone traveling to the game. I am all for Cape Code AO day!

~Fred
    www.stupidace.com
    GOOD TRADERS: Tunaman, RogueFactor, ah137, Squeegeekid, Thelar, WebShock

Smile

The first guy from outside of NE! WOOHOO!

This just might work out well after all!

lol

anyone a rhode islander here besides me a frymark?

EDIT: i just had a funny idea we should do it at boston paintballs field!

EDIT II:
    Originally posted by shartley
    [B]Why not have it in Florida!

Come on guys, NH or MA please. It IS a New England AO Day after all.B]
    hey rhode island is in new england ;p its what makes MA central

Originally posted by FutureMagOwner
    lol

anyone a rhode islander here besides me a frymark?

EDIT: i just had a funny idea we should do it at boston paintballs field!
    yea i'm from RI... what town do u live in? I'm in Cumberland

Originally posted by TheTramp
    The first guy from outside of NE! WOOHOO!

This just might work out well after all!
    Alot of the NJ AO'ers said they would try to make it.

south kingstown... going to warzone this weekend accualy...

Originally posted by Patron God of Pirates

Alot of the NJ AO'ers said they would try to make it.
    You're right. I forgot about them.

Well now All we need to do is start really talking about a date as it seems like CCPB is the place.

on the nation AO day listing it says its october 5th