Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New England AO Days Consolidation Discussion

I concur. And we certainly need some big games.
    AKA Viking #393
    AGD RT Pro #948

MACHINE & R-I-T BLACK

Plymouth Paintball Supply
    508-732-7202

Wanna add my .02. The NJ AO meet was awesome...the tourney thing went very well...however, it did take up both fields for a good part of the day. And, if you werent competimg...you sat on the sidelines. A pickup tourney towards the end of the day may work, as long as it is informal and fun. The best part of the NJ AO day was meeting diff people from here. IT was all friendly...and I hope to get the same experience out of this one. Not saying that I dont think I will...just organizing a tourney may cause unneeded "competition attitudes", and I, for one, judt want to go and play with fellow AOers.
    X-mag #10. Nuff said.

my feedback

I also think that a quick tourny could be fun. It wouldn't be the main focus just for fun. Along those lines, I liked Dansum's idea of making teams on the spot by picking names out of a hat. Also, CCPB has enough fields that tying up two wouldn't cause any problems for anyone else. It would be chance for some guys who have never gotten to expereance a tournament to enjoy a little action.
    "Relax. Don't worry. Have a Home Brew."
    -Charlie Papazian

Feedback: https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...threadid=40134

Tourney Talk:

It is possible to hold a tourney and not have the event turn into a tourney. No matter what, the day will be about having a good time and meeting other AO'ers. Drawing from a hat like Dansim suggested would help in that regards. I had a great time playing with 1stDeadeye and the BigZamboni whom I had never met.

Hopefully whatever format we decide on, becomes just one of a number of events AO'ers can participate in. I would also like to make sure we have at least one field open for pick-up games for the majority of the day.

On of the things I learned from the NJ AO day is that you can only plan so much. So everyone just plan on having a good time.

Can we at least agree on September 28th at Cap Cod Paintball first? After that we can start planning what sort of suff will be going on.

i think thats pretty much set in stone. unless something big comes up, that is where and when it will be.
    "The Fine Print: Discontinue use if your eyeballs suddenly get way smaller."

CCPB Schedule???

Has anyone called Kenny at CCPB to make sure this is ok??

All of the local leagues run their tornaments at CCPB, cause the place rocks, so that may effect your time table.

I can't wait. I'll be there!
    Dave Adams
    Captain of Team Horror Show
    Owner of THE CORE - Competition Paintball Team
    ---------------------------------------------
    Owner of Horror Show Paintball - Your Source in MASS for RT Pro's and Accessories!
    ---------------------------------------------
    Certified Angel Tech - "Heaven is Shooting an Angel"

Dansim, who lives in Cape Cod, is contacting Kenny. The date will become official once it has been Okayed by the field.

hehe a tourney would be fun as long as i dont get owned too bad

Dansim, any luck in arranging this with CCPB?
    There are three kinds of people in the world: Those who can count, and those who can't.

With understanding comes understanding.

If the saying is true that we are what we eat, aren't we all just cannibals?

My buddy spoke to Cynthia (of Adventure Games in central NH) today and mentioned the NE AO day. She sounded like she was more than willing to have worked something out with us. I'm not exactly certain if it's too late.
    But it's a thought.
    As I mentioned she did donate quite a few season passes to the last WLIPP. And it might me nice to reciprocate somewhat. They may not have speedball fields but they are very well run.
    And she claims her field has always been an Automag field, which my buddy backed up.
    Like I said it's a thought.
    Thanotos

http://www.factcheck.org

Personally, I don't have a preference as to where, but I think most people have agreed upon CCPB. Is anything finalized? Dansim, any news on if anything is set up with CCPB? If the answer's a no for those weekends, is there an alternative?

Guys, i went down to cape cod (like 1:15 drive for me), last weekend expecting to play. Unfortunately there was a pnl 5 man tourney I didnt know about, and all the air and hyperball fields were taken up.

but GODDAMN was i impressed.

Guys, pleae have it at CCPB. Those fields are so nice, not even to mention the woods fields I only got a glimpse of. SO EXCITED...SOOOO EXCITED
    My Feedback

"Game...Blouses"

Originally posted by shartley

I still think a tournament is a bad idea. Many of us will not be coming as a group, and would like to not have to deal with that stuff. It would also mean the “tournament” folks would have priority on the fields and that is just not fair. Also, what about those who don’t WANT to “compete” like that? Do they deserve “prizes” any less?

Again, I don’t think AO Days were suppose to be about that. Prizes are great, and I am sure you can STILL get prizes for folks without having a tournament. The NJ folks seemed to do quite alright… so can we. Just getting as many folks together as we can will be a great thing….. again, if we wanted a tournament environment we could get that almost anywhere and not bother making the trip.
    Shartley I woulda said the same thing til i saw this place. if everyone on the east coast who's on AO came...MAYBE the tourney players would take up all the fields. Hehe, if we can claim maybe 3 fields for us and a casual tourney ran on one of em, i wouldnt see the problem.

Dansim, are we gonna be like a huge group of regular walk-ons or is it possible to reserve a few fields?

this is gonna be PHAT!

Originally posted by Mossman

I woulda said the same thing til i saw this place. if everyone on the east coast who's on AO came...MAYBE the tourney players would take up all the fields. Hehe, if we can claim maybe 3 fields for us and a casual tourney ran on one of em, i wouldnt see the problem.

this is gonna be PHAT!
    This is what I've been trying to say!!!!

Talking Let's go with a tourney!

Originally posted by shartley

No offense, but I think still think this is a bad idea. That was never the purpose of AO Days. It was not about having a tournament, and all the other stuff that goes with it… it is more about meeting each other and having a good time. And then saying you would open it up to the public…. Come on, this is getting a bit out of hand.

My vote is still NOT to have a Tournament… and I can safely say that if there WAS, I would not come. Again, in my opinion that is not what AO Days were suppose to be about. If I wanted to go to a tournament, I could do that at ANY time… AO Day is something different.
    I am afraid I have to disagree with you SHartley. I did play in the AOII 3 man and it was a hoot, but I had as much fun or more hanging out with the other AOers there between games (as you know, there was quite a wait between games). I think that hanging out, meeting each other and goofing around made the day all the more memorable. I play big games and speedball at my local fields, but there you really can't hang out with the other players like you can at an AO day. I feel the tournament was a great centerpiece to an enjoyable day with the AO family.

I hope you still come if there is a tournament as I didn't get to meet you at AOII and would love to put a face with the "voice".

See you there!

hey mossman you was there? cool i was in teh tourney with my team add, we had a blast and took 6th i also pmd pgop so look for an announcement soon