Thread: yet another level 10 question......

yet another level 10 question......

alright got my level 10 installed and running great (1.5, 2 shims shortest spring) when i was playing around with it today i came to the conclusion that the bolt still could chop brittle tourney paint, i tried to change it but here is my problem,

ok if i'm right the only way to change the softness is to go with a longer spring or different size carrier. but if i mess with the carrier size i get bolt stick or leaking. If i put the middle spring or long spring in i cannot fire bellow 300 fps. what do i do, i think maybe if i break in the longer springs then maybe i could use them and fire under 300 fps? any help is appricated

you could always cut part of a coil or an entire coil off of a spring and give that a shot...

-Booyah
    -------------
    Level 10 68 Automag classic with j&j 10" edge kit, macroline, inteliframe, polished warp left body, dye raptor cradle, and 68 4500 Air America Raptor Rex with slide check quick disconnect warp and Richochet AK

If you stay with the 1.5 carrier and go to the long or middle spring you should have to turn up your velosity from the smal stpind setting. This is due to the extra force needed to push the bolt forward. Are you sure that your velosity with the short spring was bellow 300 fps?
    Robbie

Good Traders : LoadSM5 BTAutoMag

yeah with the longer ones i had to really crank up my velocity for it to fire and when it did shoot it was at 320 and when i turned it down it wouldn't shoot

i choroned in at 280 with the shortest, couldn't get that way with the others

If you havent broken in your oring yet, do that with the 1.5 carrier then try going down to the 1.0 carrier. It will add friction maybe making it work better, just a thought. Maybe try posting this also in the Tech form. You might get some more responses. But other than that i don;t know.