Thread: Ok, so I was being dumb when cleaning my E-Mag (Which replacement orings do I need?)

Ok, so I was being dumb when cleaning my E-Mag (Which replacement orings do I need?)

So I was cleaning the e-mag when the on-off assembly fell out, so I just put it back in, not noticing that that whatever oring(s) that sit on "top" of it had fallen out as well.

Now, looking at the E-Mag manual, the diagram of the valve assembly shows a black oring, then a white oring, and then the on-off assembly being inserted into the marker. Ok, so far so good.

But if you click on the picture (this is in the PDF E-Mag diagrams on the agd website) it shows the RT valve diagram, which only shows one white oring bring inserted before the on-off assembly. (Which is what I tried to do at the field this weekend, which did not work - marker wouldn't fire.)

Now, going to the online store, I can only find Automag and Automag RT spare parts kits listed. Noting that the oring in the RT diagram is not the same as the orings in the E-Mag diagram, I'm assuming this means that if I get the RT kit I won't get the orings I need.

SO...

If you're being dumb and lose whatever it is that goes on top of your on-off valve in your emag, what did you actually lose and how do you get a replacement?

Thanks,
    Chris
    National Collegiate Paintball Association, Inc., President
    www.college-paintball.com - "A Club for Every Campus"
    www.high-school-paintball.com - "We Create Newbies"

American Paintball Players Association, Director
    www.paintball-players.org

Good Ole Amish Country, or just outside of lancaster PA
    hmm it goes o ring, then quad oring, then the assy, sounds like your misin your quad o ring which is that black one

Originally posted by Tom in reffrence to a post saying he acted like my dad...
    "That's right!
    WHO'S YOUR DADDY!!"
    ALL QUIT AND NO GO!!! Team Icky Forest-Shatnerball 2003!!!
    www.tunamart.com
    DONT SUPPORT HYPOCRITICAL MISSLEAD YOUTH, BOYCOTT HK

I'm apparently missing both orings. The oring I installed was a white one, about 6 mm outside diameter and 2 mm inside diameter, just wide enough to fit over the pin - looks like the one in the RT valve diagram.

I think I need a wide white one and a black one like the E-Mag valve diagram.

Just need to know where I can get them.

Thanks,
    Chris

Good Ole Amish Country, or just outside of lancaster PA
    yes hmmmmm....on line store is all i can say

Hey Hitech your starting to sound like me! - AGD
    Hitech is the man.... - Blennidae
    The only Hitech Lubricant

OK, that's not right...

The quad oring is good.

But if you look at the EMag diagram, the white oring above the quad oring is rather wide. Clicking on it for some reason takes you to the RT valve diagram, where there is only one (white) oring, which is also incidentally smaller than the white oring in the EMag valve diagram.

So which oring is the right oring? I don't think you can use both the quad black and the small white, but I don't know which oring is the big white oring.

Incidentally, as I had clicked on the oring and gone from the Emag valve to the RT valve diagram without realizing it, I installed just the white oring in the emag - which broke and got a fragment caught in the air "duct" between teh reg and the on-off valve. (How it blew BACK into the air feed duct I don't know - although I did have to force the on-off valve pin up in by banging an allen wrench into it with a hammer to get it out of he body, so I may have just clipped the oring in the process if the oring was stuck between the on-off pin and the valve.)

Yeah, so, I need the quad oring, and what other oring?

Thanks,
    Chris

I dont know what diagram you are talking about but from what I know about diagrams is that parts that are right next to each other dont always go one then the other. The large oring you seem to have seen is more than likely the main on-off valve oring. The one that goes around the on-off bottom section. Their should be an oring around the on off bottom (that flat section that is visibly when the on-off is in the valve), one tiny one in the on-off assembly, and in your case the black quad oring (fits on the outside of the on-off assembly, and the inside of the valve). You need the black one, as it takes the place of the rt one. I have one in my retro as well and it works nice anyway .

Well...

We had a looksee in someone else's EMag today, and there's the quad o ring, and around the quad oring (in the same plane) filling the space between the quad oring and hte walls of the "well" the on-off assembly goes into is another white oring.

The diagram I'm referring to is the E-Mag blow-up tech diagram off teh tech support section of the AGD webpage.

- Chris