Thread: Pev's Field Annoucment

Pev's Field Annoucment

Press Release

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

July 25, 2002

Pev's Paintball and AG Paintball combine to offer the premier Washington, DC Paintball Park - Pev's at AG Paintball.

Pev's Paintball and AG Paintball form Joint Venture creating Pev's at AG Paintball, the largest Paintball Park in the Washington, DC Area. With the combination of AG's nearly 20 years in business as a Paintball Park and Pev's 10 years as a chain of Pro Shops and a Paintball Park, Pev's at AG will become one of the premier parks on the East Coast. The site is only 3 miles off a major highway and only 9 miles from Dulles International Airport.

AG currently has 12 wooded recreational fields and Pev's will add 4 NPPL regulation Ten Man size arena fields, three Hyperball and one Extreme Air Ball, with the option to expand one more Extreme Air and one more Hyperball field. The twelve wooded fields will be capable of handling a Scenario / Big Game and private corporate groups while the arena fields can hold a local or regional size tournament simultaneously. "This will become the practice facility that teams from all over the Mid Atlantic area will come to practice for NPPL events and other tournaments" said Mike Peverill, President, Pev's Paintball. Jim Joseph, President, AG Paintball had this to say "This will be Paintball Disneyland, especially when the new Mega Castle for the Recreational Players is completed". Both Mike and Jim are devoted to making this facility the park everyone in the area talks about and comes back to every weekend.

On site is a 1500 square foot building for indoor registration. Adjacent to the building is a large covered staging area with twenty picnic tables, perfect for keeping out of the sun or rain. The building also has a concession stand, parent's lounge and a Pev's Pro Shop. Currently, parking on the site can accommodate 500+ cars, and with additional clearing, several hundred more can be added.

Pev's is opening a full service pro shop, complete with Air Smith, parts, accessories, guns, C02 and nitro tanks, paint, and camo rentals. The Pro Shop will be open the same hours as the field and offer high-pressure fills up to 5000psi.

Pev's will begin running tournaments in September and continuing year round. Formats will include 3-man, 5-man, and 7-man. Pev's 3-man league at the Woodbridge site averaged 50 teams per event but was limited due to the smaller property. Teams will no longer be turned away because of space restrictions. Pev's at AG is also in negotiations to hold Scenario Games as well as tournaments for national tournament promoters.

Pev's at AG becomes official as of August 1, 2002, but the Grand Opening will be coordinated with a Big Game on September 8, 2002. The Big Game / Grand Opening will offer numerous door prizes to include $1,000 Gift Certificates to Pev's Pro Shops, Club Seats to a NFL Game, and over $5,000 in other prizes.

For more info about Pev's at AG or any of the seven Pev's Pro Shops, call 1-888-826-PEVS or visit us on the web at www.pevs.com or www.agpaintballgames.com.

The only downside to this is that they moved the field FARTHER away from me, so I won't be able to play at Pevs as much anymore. I've gone to AG, it's more driving than playing for me.

But, I'm sure it'll be awesome for the NoVA players.

DR
    Oderint dum metuant

Well, crap. I didn't think THAT was gonna happen. Outdoor Adventures is closer than that for me. *sigh* Oh well, all the best to Pev's and AG in this venture.

Hold on! I just read this on www.pevs.com. Pev's will also be opening a second Paintball Park on 80 acres in Prince William County. Projected Grand Opening is Spring, 2003.

THAT'S cool.

I didn't realize you were so close, Jeb.

Where is Prince William in relation to Richmond?

DR

Yeah, OA is where I play as well. VA is too far to play.

Rockin

Hum, I play at BaseOne around Waldorf, MD. They're not as big as OA, but they're getting a bunch of new land or something of the like soon.

WhoDaresPlay Guest
    Now if only Pev's would adapt a $10 all day air, it'd be perfect. Paying $6 per fill is ungodly and the $20 air-card pass isn't the best alternative either.

Their staff at the Rockville store is awesome, best in all of the area.

WOW! "...This will be Paintball Disneyland..

Which Dwarf you recon Rob_AGD will be? I am bettin on Dopey!

AGD, where we are so good we can do it with only ONE tube!

cphilip.com

Talking

This should be incredible. :::::

do any of you guys play at Anne Arundel paintball?

Originally posted by Coaster
    do any of you guys play at Anne Arundel paintball?
    No, too far for me. I live near Richmond in Virginia.

DR

Wow, this feild sounds great, too bad im half way across the country. The only tournie feild is 100 miles away from me... I feel envious to those of you that live close to this place
    You smell like dookie... No really though.

some field in NoVA with a ton of pods ready to be dumped
    Originally posted by DarkRipper
    DR
    Sorry to say DR but its still kinda far from ya. It's in Manasass area, so it would still be farther from teh Woodbridge field for you.

Now that they've got tons of land, they will be holding 3,5,7 man tournies, Scenario games, or big games every other month! Everyone should come out and check it out.

AANNDD the AG site will be going under some major changes. Mike the webdesigner is waiting for Jim Joseph to send him all teh new info such as the new hours starting in September.
    Last edited by FeelTheRT; 08-06-2002 at 07:29 AM.

when will the construction of the new fields be completed as even though i live in Richmond, it might be worth a 2hr drive. What is the field price going to be,,,,will it stay the same as the old field and what about the fpo or byop rule?

Quote: MarkM
    "virus attacks have been dealt with, same with back door nasties. ."

My feed back

currently the small supair field is up and Driven just finished building one hyperball. I think Pev wants all them up before September. The field fee is 15 bux, and there will be a morning session and an afternoon session. You may use your own paint only if you have your own marker and there will be a proshop at the field just incase you need parts replaced on your marker or wahtever. But anways, Pevs will be sending everyone a free play pass and a free fill card if your on teh mailing list.
    Last edited by FeelTheRT; 08-06-2002 at 07:12 PM.

Cool, I'll come up when I get my playing pass and air pass.

DR

Originally posted by DarkRipper
    I didn't realize you were so close, Jeb.

DR
    I'm close, if you consider Alexandria close. Pev's was under 1/2 hour from me at the Woodbridge site. Up in Leesburg, it'll be close to an hour, easy. Outdoor Adventures is also about 1/2 hour but the Beltway has a tendency to choke up at odd times.

do you guys think that we should host an AO meet there (pevs) sometime in the fall (mid october)?

yes I was already kind of thinking that. I kinda wanted everyone, or atleast almost everyone, in the online paintball community in this area to use their free play pass and play on the same day, or atleast try to, and challenge the amount of space the new Pevs has :evilgrin:.

aallssoo Pevs at AG will be having a big game on the 8th or 9th of Spet whichever is a Sunday. I'm thinking about that.

That's cool. Good to know, Jeb. I wonder if you've ever been at Pevs when I was there.

RT, I'd love to come up but it's not looking like it's in the cards. Pev cut the throat of his Richmond customers as far as I'm concerned when he moved to AG. That's just too damn far.

I'd go to AO first, since I've never been.

DR

It's only an additional 1/2 hour...??? I don't see what the big deal is if that is considering we traveled an hour and 1/2 as it was already. Plust i never really liked their hyperball fields in the first place, but it sounds like they are great now.
    I think i will be there RT. And i will bug DR to see if i can't drag him along too.

I am not sure if i am on the mailing list or not...??? Went to the web site but there was not place to join it there, so i guess i will have to wait and see if i get one or not.

<------------- check it out, i am almost to a thousand

basicly you get on the list if your on the computer. If you've ever purchased anything from Pevs PB you should be good. If not i guess call one of the stores, perhaps they can help you.

Originally posted by thecavemankevin
    It's only an additional 1/2 hour...??? I don't see what the big deal is if that is considering we traveled an hour and 1/2 as it was already. Plust i never really liked their hyperball fields in the first place, but it sounds like they are great now.
    I think i will be there RT. And i will bug DR to see if i can't drag him along too.
    An additional half hour? Where are you getting that? Have you BEEN to AG? It's in BF Egypt.

The big deal is that it's FARTHER when it was a long assed drive as it was.

Thanks.

DR

like i said, i didn't know exactly how much further it was, but one person said that it used to be a 1/2 hour from his house. Now it is an hour....so that led me to my conclusion. If it is more than 2 hours i don't think that will be a good place for the AO meet.

from Woodbrdige Pevs to AG, its about 45 mins i think.

Sorry RT, i think that is getting a bit to far for us Richmonders.