Thread: 4500 flatline reg seat help needed.

4500 flatline reg seat help needed.

I have a leak and I am almost sure my reg seat is bad. sucks its a brand new tank. but I have a new reg seat and well I dont know how to take the reg seat off does the piston unscrew from the stem cause im affraid to try to force that hard little red reg seat over the end of the stem and risk ruining it or is that the only way to get it on?

someone has to know this

In the back seat of your truck with duct tape stretched out..
    Check this..not sure if you saw it or not. But check this link https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...threadid=14220 maybe it'll help you

yeah thats for the 3000 and it uses a oring which could easily be slipped over the end of the stem. the one in my 4500 looks a little stiff and I might ruin it forcing it over the stem.

In the back seat of your truck with duct tape stretched out..
    make sure you lube it up first...if you don't see anyother way..then you should be good by lubing it then slipping it over the end.. I wish I had one so I could help out a little more.. I even checked airgun.com and didn't come up with anything on the flatline system. Ahem AGD... that would be a nice addition to all the manuals you have.. some breakdowns on the flatline along with maintainence steps Woohoo!

To get the piston out, set the reg. on a table with the reg. seat facing up. Use a small allen wrench and press hard on the center of the piston. Make sure it's smaller than the hole in the reg. seat. It's stiff, but it will go through.

To put it back in, set the reg. seat with the taper facing towards you so that when the piston is assembled, the taper on the piston stem mates with the taper in the reg. seat. Set the reg. pointing on a table with the reg. seat in the pocket. Press on the back side of the piston to pop the piston into the reg. seat and then lift the reg. off the table and push it through the rest of the way. Be sure to oil it up and then check for leaks.