Thread: tourny rulz

tourny rulz

im about to enter a tourny on sunday.. my first and i was wondering, if i loaded a pod, and i throw it and someone hits it in the air, am i out? also people in the dead box cant talk to players on the field right(not my question, a friends.. he didnt believe me when i told him this)?

its best to ask the staff once you get to the tourney... i dont know bout the pod, but most places dont let you talk once your out...
    "You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." -John Morley

If your pod gets shot, like in that example, you are not out, because it is no longer part of your person. But if you had it in a harness, and it got shot, you are out. And, no, players in the dead box can't talk to players on the field.

Or shoot at players on the feild.
    AIM, Yahoo messenger and  IRC=FordPrefectAO.  ICQ=160223684, and  my ICQ nick is FordPrefectAO.
    3-D Pong's bro!

Originally posted by Restola
    Why can't I just be in charge of the world?
    Captain, Tremor

I have a question.... Why on earth do people throw their empty pods to begin with? Doesnt it make more sense to just drop it at your feet?

once, i used it as a distraction, i threw it on one side of this guy and he was starin at it, while my friend went around and bunkered him, that is not usually why people throw them though... sometimes u just get that urge....

Some tournies, if the pod is withing a few feet of your body and gets hit, you're out.

It was that way at my old field, so I got in the habbit of chucking my pods next to the sideline (I ussually play tape...)
    Subbeh

"My wife might find my stashed Marker Money before then, and then boom-new patio furniture or some other garbage."
    -1stDeadEye

i thought that you weren't allowed to leave behind equipment such as empty pods?
    Good Traders:JoeyJoe367, Blazestorm213, RetardedRiceBowl, rsadich,PaInTbALL zAcH, jwyke. John Dresser, Xas, Darrikws,whydoineedausername

Splat Attack Revenge V2 LE FS

Conquest FS

Originally posted by RetroEclipseMan
    i thought that you weren't allowed to leave behind equipment such as empty pods?
    your not in some tournys
    AO MEMBER# 2967
    No Limit
    check out these killers...
    NFeel The JoyN

You should be able to get the NPPL rules off of Warpig.com. Just look in the tournament section. Most tournaments use some variation of those rules.

As for throwing the pod, you are not out if it gets shot. If you pick up a pod that has been shot you will be eliminated.
    "Shoot straight up in the air and hit the other team on top of the head...European teams do it all the time" D.A. 2001 Gettysburg

Espomag454, what tourney are you playing in? One here in CT? What part are you from

dio

I throw my pods a little ways just to get them out from under my feet/knees. It just makes sure they aren't interfearing with your game. If I have a few seconds I'll stick it back into my pack. If not...I chuck it.
    "Relax. Don't worry. Have a Home Brew."
    -Charlie Papazian

Feedback: https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...threadid=40134

most torneys around here if the pod gets hit in mid air than your not out but if it gets shot in your hand your out we can only leave empty pods some people had their hoppers fall off when they slide and they were farther than 3 feet they where out