Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL THREAD!! AO Day South Carolina 2002 (register now) TOM IS COMING!!!!

OFFICIAL THREAD!! AO Day South Carolina 2002 (register now) TOM IS COMING!!!!

AO DAY SC Nov 9th 2002

TOM KAYE IS COMING!!!!!

Gold Dragon Paintball is the Official Event field

See the field:
    GOLD DRAGON FIELD

Highlight of the Hill Challenge Field

Paintball Inc. will be supplying PowerBall Pearl at $50 a case to you. Paintball Inc. is supplying some Raffle stuff too.

Ultimate Air field!!!! Our good friends down at Regulators Outpost in Dalton Georgia have stepped in after Paintball Inc could not supply a field and are bringing up an Ultimate Air kind of set up in a five man size. Great thanks to Tom Blevins for saving the day on this and to Rob Long for finding him for us. Visit Tom's site and lets support him for helping us out. Regulators Outpost Web Site

Clemson University Paintball Club and Daniel High School Paintball Club will provide refs, Field Judges and Volunteers for the event.

We hope to have a complete Tech station set up. I think that Brian Terry is going to do some of that.

Mel at Paintballistix will provide AGD products. Level 10's, Intelliframes, Warps and Retro Vavles will be on sale there.

And theAngelguy will be setting up his booth too and involved in Angel tech work as well.

More breaking news!!!!Yes!!!! Tom Kaye will be there!!!! Come meet the master of the Mag!

Breaking news! Bob is coming!!!! Yes! theAngelGuy himself!!! And he is maybe hinting about some cool Angel guy stuff to give away and doing some tech work. SO you Angel AO members turn out and meet Bob!

Inter-Forum Involvement! Styles *****ley (LOL the filter doesn't like your name!)he is the Co Admin from PBC and we got "Conqueror" a PBC Cocker Moderator and Cocker guru who is willing to tech those for us (we will need that huh? Snicker...Sorry just kidding!)and Nerobro a Moderator from PBN will be there!!!! This will be neat huh?

We are asking even more Celebrites for attendance and they will be announced as soon as we can. So far from AO we have Army, Sarah, Mel from Paintballistix, JonAGD (the Wang master himself) , theAngelGuy, Team Black Cell from NJ and of course FatMan and Cphilip! I have also invited Capo, and Bill and Dawn Mills and Odyssey Paintball Products and well many many more of our respected AO members. If we get a large pre-registration then I think we can snag some of them too. And as you know already a large contingent from NJ is planning to come. Follow the crazy hijinks of the NJ bunch here: NJ Bus Trip thread

Some tounge and cheek training and information for you Northerners heading South for this "Yankee Trainin" here

3 Man Tourney on one field only will be held and a small entry fee of $15 per team payable on the day of the meet will be seperate from registration. It will be only to cover trophies presented. Note that this leaves three speed ball fields and the woods open for rec play all the time. Tourney rules are being drafted and will be published long before you get here.

You do not need to shoot a Mag....but I expect you will be harrassed! And you do not need to already be an AO member to attend but we ask that you do join AO to complete the registration or be a guest of an AO member. It's free to join AO, The best Paintball site on the net!!!

Along with this, after the day of play, a nice Dinner Party with band at Explorer's Bar and Grill that night, after the play day, which *is included* in the registration. Featuring the Wild Hog Band. Again this is a complete take over and we own the place for the evening. Our own Bartender with cash bar, Pool tables and big screen TV. All this is included (except the bar) in your $25 registration fee. Menu is Wings, Chicken Tenders, Club Sandwiches, Veggies, Dips, chips, water and Tea included. Starts at 8:00 last call is 11:00. Dinner served around 9:00. did I say this was included?

All day Air and the field fee is also included in the registration.

Registration fee is $25 FOR EVERYTHING!!!

Note: except 3 man tourney. That will be additonal $15 a team payable on the day of the meet...and your paint...see above.

Registration info

Notice Register right now!!!!! we need to know numbers you can pay later see the directions within the registration link.

UPDATE ON REGISTERATIONS!!! OVER 80 showing and I know of about 30-40 more! HAVE YOU MAILED YOUR REGISTRATION MONEY? If so then fine... I will be updating you on those as soon as I can get back from Florida.

BUT if you have not please do so in the next day or so. Or...Bring Cash to pay the day of the event. NO ONE WILL BE TURNED AWAY BUT BE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TAKE CHECKS OR CARDS FOR REGISTRATIONS/DINNER THAT DAY!!!! CASH ONLY THEN!!!. We will be set up for Cards for paint sales.

SO EITHER MAIL NOW IN TEH NEXT DAY OR TWO OR BRING CASH THAT DAY for onsite registrations. But if you can please go ahead and hit the registration page anyway. JUST TELL US YOU WILL PAY CASH THAT DAY. But come on anyway but be prepared to pay the $25 in cash there

There will be preregistration for a fairly long period but due to the Dinner we will need to do this kind of thing. Non-refundable unless ample prenotice is given for hardship. If not then consider it a donation to the University Paintball Club. It will go to good use. All people at the event must come through the registration table even children and people not playing. we need you registered and a waver signed and you need to get your tickets for dinner as the Raffles will be based on those!

Registration Page: SC AO DAY Registration Form here

Please note that the budget and prices calculated for this event are not expected to generate revenue. However with a very large turn out (100 plus) they may, so we are going to contribute any proceeds to the University Paintball Club if they do.

Hotels/Motels (all within five miles of the field and located in Clemson SC 29631

Host Hotel is the Days Inn of Clemson SC

(864) 653-4411 Toll Free (800) 329-7466

20 rooms are blocked out for Automags Online - Microwave, Fridge and coffee pot in each room - Continental Breakfast - Evening Snacks - 2 Queen size beds per room - Group Rate is $49.00 for 2 people and $5 for each additional person (or $59.00 for 4 people). Block rates are for the nights of the 8th and 9th of November. Rate good until Oct 16th and after that based on availabiltiy.

I dentify yourself as "Automags Online" to get the rate!

Notice!!!! I have just been told that if you call the 800 number for the hotel doing the group rate, they know nothing about the special rates. You actually have to call the hotel directly at (864) 653-4411, to get that rate. Otherwise they will charge you the normal 59$ a night.

Additional Hotels:
    Hampton Inn (864) 653-7744
    Martin Inn (864) 654-9020
    Sleep Inn (864) 653-6000
    Lake Hartwell Inn (864) 654-4450
    Ramada Inn - Clemson (864) 654-7501 (800)272-6232

Limited camping at the field. You need to email me and discuss that.

There will be more info as this progresses and I will get that up as it does...

Respectfully yours

Philip Carroll and Walter Ligon (aka cphilip & FatMan)
    Co-Chairs of the "SC AO EVENT COMMITTEE" (self appointed )

Last edited by cphilip; 11-07-2002 at 01:32 PM.

Official answers to questions section:

OK here is the breakdown...

the all day air and field fee is $10 so if your going to play and not attend the dinner band party then $10. thats all going to the field anyway.

The dinner band party is $15 so if your going to come watch and not play but want to come to the Dinner party then $15 a head. years 6 and under is half price or $7.50 and 3 and under is free. Hey! thats exactly what its costing me a head for that and that includes the food, Tea or water, and gratuity. Cash bar though.

Paint sales are used to pay the cost of paint from supplier (of course) and also paying for the band and if any profit made over that is generated then its going to be donated to the clubs who are volunteering as refs and such. Over about 60 cases need to be sold to break even there and give them some donation.

Either way register each person thats gonna be there but comment on the slip when you send it in what you are planning to do.

If they later decide to play when they get there then just pay the additional $10 then and they will be fine.

So for example 1 player and 2 for dinner party then $40. And if they change their minds and want to play they can decide that day and pay the field $10 more then. But you would register 2 as I need those numbers to make sure the food is adequate.

Zip Code for Map Quest is 29631

Greenville Spartanburg International is the closest Airport and its about 30 mile pretty much all intertate.

Anderson SC is the closest Comercial Bus stop and about 15 miles away.

The Southern Crescent Amtrack Train stops right in Clemson. About a mile from the host hotel.

Raffles and drawings are that night at the party. You must be present to win!!!! Come to this!!!!

Added the following on edit on Nov 3rd.

Here is a list of all the checks and payments I have recieved as of Sunday Nov 3. If you mailed earlier then you got an issue but not to worry just bring cash and if the check is here by then you will know it at the registration table and can pocket your cash. I will update this daily.

Recieved on behalf of:

LoadSM5 - $25 (did you hit the registration page too?)
    Adam Hodges - $25
    Kevin Cullen - $25
    Ryan and Debra Davis - $40 (one player two dinners)
    Daniel Parker - $25
    John Trussell - $25
    Gary Christofferson - $50 (two people for all)
    Jeffrey Bouquio - $25
    Nick Papandria - $50 (two people for all)

Josh Hippley - $25
    Keegan Bradford - $50 for 2?

Paintball Charelston - $50 for 2
    Jason Stanton - $50 for 2

Gary Novac - $25

That is all I have so far folks. Will update Late Thursday after the mail runs. If you mailed late then bring some cash or we will have to send you out to an ATM!

In spite of this fact that you have prepaid please EVERYONE come to registration table first to get your playing tag and tickets for Dinner. The drawings will be based on these tickets!!! Important!!!

Some directions:

OK... from the Days Inn we will have a few guides at that location to lead groups out at around 7:30 AM. So if you want to meet there its right on hwy 123 in Clemson.

But from the Days Inn turn left out of the parking lot onto Hwy 123. Go about two miles to the Issaqueena Trails exit and take the exit off to the right. At the top of that exit turn left and continue on Issaqueena Trail till it dead ends at a Stop sign on Hwy 93 and take a right. Go about four miles and watch for Robinson Bridge Rd on your Left (there is an Amoco station just before this road as a land mark). We should have a sign out there on 93. And then go down Robinsion Bridge till you see the Gold Dragon Paintball Sign on the right. Turn in there and your good to go.

You People following the previous directions from Charelston area and coming in North on 123 (your step 10) can by pass that bunch of turns by coming on further down on 123 to this "Issaqueena trail" exit and then adjusting for the fact that you are coming in from the other way follow the rest of that.

Also you do not have to take I-185 the Toll road. If you continue on down 385 it will hit right into 85 and you want to then go south towards Atlanta till you get to rest of that. The toll road saves very little time. Its not worth it for the few miles it saves. I have no real Idea why they built the thing!

Write down the Gold Dragon Phone Number and call if you get lost we will talk you in or come find you!!!!!
    Last edited by cphilip; 11-06-2002 at 05:25 PM.

Working on fundage, working on transport!

Catered paintball event?

Hell, Phil, you could BBQ up some roadkill (you know, South Carolina style ) and I still woulda come.

I'm definitely there

Originally posted by Thordic
    Catered paintball event?

Hell, Phil, you could BBQ up some roadkill (you know, South Carolina style ) and I still woulda come.

I'm definitely there
    Uh, I don't think you understand. The catering IS BBQ roadkill! Billy-Bob's Big BBQ is catering. The exact menu will depend on what's on the road that morning - usually ground hog, 'coon, and/or possum!

Lookin' forward to seein' ya'll there!!

FatMan

Ooops! I forgot squirrel!
    Last edited by FatMan; 08-13-2002 at 03:03 PM.

Dirty old men need love too!

Catering around here means somebodies elses pickup truck killed it and they brung it to ya!

I'm gonna do my darnest to make it. Guessing I'll need to fly.
    You are the Wormtongue of AO.~bofh

WOW this is great!!! I can't wait!! You know I'm there Phil!

Originally posted by FatMan

Uh, I don't think you understand. The catering IS BBQ roadkill! Billy-Bob's Big BBQ is catering. The exact menu will depend on what's on the road that morning - usually ground hog, 'coon, and/or possum!

Lookin' forward to seein' ya'll there!!

FatMan

Ooops! I forgot squirrel!

yumm.....possum
    Looking for a gun

I plan on being there. Hey if ya need some help with food I'm sure we'll pass plenty of road kill on the way down from Jersey. Hey we can have alittle buffet from different states we come through

I got 1 question. Where in SC is this going to be held? I live in TN and could POSSIBLY be there. as long as its not like 7 hours away

personman Guest
    Clemson SC

I might be there, probally actually.. If I am Im in the 3 man.. WHO WANTS TO BE ON MY TEAM!?!?! Come on, you guys gotta play with minime.

I just gotta ask my mom, put me down for a maby.

Our roadkill main course is good old NJ Buck. Im sure we can pitch in and strap a few onto the roof on the way down.

Originally posted by Kaiser Bob
    Our roadkill main course is good old NJ Buck.
    Heck Boy dats Gormet food round here! Hail yea! get us one!

I'm all over this one.

Any MA or NH Ao'ers that want to make the long haul want to join me?

Looks like I'll be driving after all.

Cphilip, All the info I need from you is a good hotel with a hot tub to nurse my bruises in.

I will be announcing all that Thursday Patron. And maybe I will give you a bruise or two myself!!!

personman Guest
    BECAUSE I DONT FEEL LIEK RETYPING THIS!

Personman hey
    Personman phil
    * TRIAD[a] is now known as Impygunner
    cphilip yes
    Personman I showed my mom the details
    Personman she looked atthe calender
    cphilip good!
    cphilip and?
    Personman and my church holiday fesival is the same day
    cphilip Crap!
    Personman she is working something there
    Personman and she is thinking of a way I could get up there
    cphilip tell her you have gone wicken
    Personman lol
    cphilip oh
    Personman besides the festival I can go
    cphilip I see
    Personman I just need transportation
    cphilip take a cab
    Personman she doesnt want me to car pool
    Personman and she doesnt think my dad will take me
    cphilip he may!
    Personman and I dont liek my older brother and I dont want him to take me
    Personman maby
    cphilip who does
    Personman then he could play! hehehe
    Personman he has got his own buisness downstairs though
    cphilip that would be cool
    FooTemps wha?
    Personman he works like 14 hours a day and is pretty busy though
    Personman so I dunno

Yeah.. thats pretty much it..

Originally posted by cphilip
    I will be announcing all that Thursday Patron. And maybe I will give you a bruise or two myself!!!
    Note to self: Bunker the Old Man.

I'm in Charleston, SC. If I recover from Shatnerball financially, I'll be there. Oh yeah, about that roadkill comment... we've got much better roadkill than Arkansas...

i will try to make it down there, all depends on money and transportation, anyone wanna pick me up on the way?
    Email Adio755@Hotmail.com AIM Adio755
    The PB Trading List

We (me, the wife and kids) are planning on visiting in SC (Summerville). Nov is a little soon, but I'm still going to see if I can work it out. I'll probably make a last minute decision.

Hey Hitech your starting to sound like me! - AGD
    Hitech is the man.... - Blennidae
    The only Hitech Lubricant

New info so I updated the thread...More to come!

Person,

Your best bet is going to be a ride. Your mom won't let you get a ride? That is going to make it really hard!

FatMan

personman Guest
    Originally posted by FatMan
    Person,

Your best bet is going to be a ride. Your mom won't let you get a ride? That is going to make it really hard!

FatMan
    She doesnt want me to travel 2 hours up and 2 hours back for a whole day with someone I dont know..
    I would find that understandable..

Walk then!

personman Guest
    Im thinking about it.

Collegeboy Guest
    Hey personman, I am coming through Atlanta on my way from Tuscaloosa, so if I go (and it is alrigt with your mom), I could always pick you up. All I have to do is find a team hehe.

You do not need as team there will be plenty of rec play going on on the two 5 man fields (one sup Air) and the Hill Challenge field as well as the woods. But as anytime you can hook up with three others in the morning and get into the three man if you want. Always people wanting to hook up a team This is part of the fun of these things!

GOod Deal Collegeboy Hope you come!

Collegeboy Guest
    Yeah I just checked out that week’s football opponent. I was worried for a second for I knew the Auburn game was around then (no self respecting UA student misses that one , especially when it is at the Bear) But UA is playing Mississippi State that week, so I definitely can skip that one. So it is all looking good, now to ditch that Fridays classes .