Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL THREAD!! AO Day South Carolina 2002 (register now) TOM IS COMING!!!!

Originally posted by Load SM5
    Well, I'm sure she would'nt go for this. But I'm driving straight through Atlanta on the way there. I could drive you out there and bring you back Sunday and save your Mom a bit of money. I'm a 30 year old, married, homeowner and completely harmless. If she wants to call me and verify that I'm not a psycho she's more than welcome.
    I dont know Load, I think once she sees the long hair she wont let you within 100 feet of her DS.

True enough, so definately should'nt show her a pic of Phil!

Moorewatch

If you read this, thank a teacher.
    If you read this in English, thank a soldier.

personman Guest
    Actually load, my brother probally has about the same amount of hair that you do
    You guys ar real nice tho, I'll ask again.. and again, and again. I WILL be there, I just dont know how.
    Fatman, I think its both.. riding a greyhound or the amtrack would be just as bad if not WORSE than riding up with an AOer. I dont have ny sort of clue where I would stay while I was up there, but my main problem is transportation. Money isnt a problem.

FatMan/CPhilip-

I saw somebody in Buy/Sell Misc. doing something cool. They were posting stuff they were bringing to the AO day in New England. That way people could possibly buy stuff there. Might not be a bad idea.

Originally posted by Dayspring
    FatMan/CPhilip-

I saw somebody in Buy/Sell Misc. doing something cool. They were posting stuff they were bringing to the AO day in New England. That way people could possibly buy stuff there. Might not be a bad idea.
    That IS a cool idea! If enough ppl decided to do that we could set up a "flea market" area or something.

Personman, What I'm saying is that we could probably arrange a place for you to stay with a family (like mine or Uncle Phil's) and we'd be happy to talk to your mom and let her know who we are and how to get in touch and all that in hopes of calming her fears.

The transport thing is a bigger issue. I'm not sure what her concern is: is she concerned that you'd be riding with a young, inexperienced, possibly unsafe driver, or is she concerned that you wouldn't get where you were going? So, on AmTrak, for example, she knows you are safe, and will only go where you are supposed to go. If there is a responsbile adult meeting you at the train, making sure she gets a call that you arrived, a place where she can call if she gets worried, etc.

Of course, if the problem is she won't let you go off for the weekend alone no matter what, there isn't much we can do.

So, you should try to talk to her and find out what her concerns are and see if there is a way to deal with them. If there is and we can help, let us know.

FatMan

Dirty old men need love too!

Wc Keep Guest
    up for the day

Just registered! I might bring a friend so I put down 2 people just in case. Can't wait...
    My feedback

Made in USA - it matters.

Up for the day...

Oh yeah, if everything works out, I'll be flying in Friday morning. Anybody going to be around to keep me entertained?

I will be driving from Alaska through Canada to South carolina, Anything I hit on the way there I will be sure to trow in the back of the car for dessert. I think I will stay in Sc for a while, you know, make it my permanent residence. I am bringing the wife and kids so It should be a hell of a time. Then I can finally play my first REAL game of paintball. OH YEA!!

BTW Army I am sorry you won't get the long distance award, if you want to come pick me up, I am sure my travel could be overlooked .
    I may be losing,

But I'm not lost!!

Personman,
    If you don't ind a little cluter, I am sure my wife will let youstay with us. We are moving to SC just before AO day(actually I am moving because of AO day, but don't tell my wife) Anyhow let us know.

I am gonna have to change my nick to P8ntballerSC

So, what's our count now? Do we get a list of who's who?

BTW- is anybody going to be around on sunday? I may or may not fly out monday. Depends on if there's something to do. Or I could go visit a lady friend of mine 4 hours away

I don't know...I do not have access to the server the thing is on. Its on Fatman's server. I will probably wait till the end of this week since we still got a lot of time left. And then get Fatman to give us an up date so we can see how we are doing...

We did just get normal flyers out today. Outside AO notifications have just begun.

Spray I got your check.

Just got travel info-

11/8/02
    Leaving NJ @ 9:35a (Newark)
    Arriving SC @ 11:30a (Greenville/Spartanburg)
    Continental #3453

11/11/02
    Leaving SC @ 12:10p (Greenville/Spartanburg)
    Arriving NJ @ 2:00p (Newark)
    Continental #4058

Total Cost- $5.00

Do we have anything going on Friday night or Sunday afternoon?

Soon as we hear from a number of you coming in Friday and staying on some Sunday we will start some plans for that! Lets get a group thing talking then!

Just got travel info...
    Total Cost- $5.00
    How did you do that!? Employee discount? If I could get that kind of discount travel I'd be there.

My cunning plan is to leave Friday morning bright and early and try at make it there by around 1-2 that afternoon. If I'm driving 5 hours I plan on making a slightly longer weekend out of it.

Frequent Flyer Miles

Originally posted by hitech

How did you do that!? Employee discount? If I could get that kind of discount travel I'd be there.
    Load-

Where are you staying? At the Holiday Inn (I think that's the one) cuz I should be getting there about the same time (50 miles from Clemson to Airport)

18. Anyone willing to share a 4-way room fee? I'd rather just get 3 other guys who are willing to split the room for the night, 'cuz that'll cut the room fee to $15 apiece, which is a pretty damn good price. If you're wiling, PM me or email me and we can try to work something out.

CQ

Load-

Where are you staying? At the Holiday Inn (I think that's the one) cuz I should be getting there about the same time (50 miles from Clemson to Airport)

Hopefully on Phil's couch, but if I have to I can splurge for a room somewhere.

Don't foget I got us a group rate at the Days Inn... see the front page about that.

Load we fix you up.

Thats too far for me to drive by myself, if anybody is going from northeast Ohio, Let me know... I'm a good road trippin person

Drink Wine

Total Estimated Time: 18 hours, 15 minutes(from the end of cape cod)

anyone from mass going or wanna rent a car or van and go???

Just an FYI, I booked my hotel room today. I don't know how many others have yet.

It was kinda fun trying to explain what "Automags Online" was to the guy I talked to.

God i wanna go so bad... Nobody is going from Northeast Ohio?

It was kinda fun trying to explain what "Automags Online" was to the guy I talked to.
    He won't forget in about a month!!!

Wc Keep Guest
    hey phil i just wanted to mention that we are being blessed with an appearance from the newest ao girl Devil. any word on capo if she coming or not? oh and i sorta lost my registration paper that im supposed to mail to you how do i go about getting another one? and we cant forget about waivers can we.

Just go back in there and print out a blank copy and hand fill it in.

GREat!!! She knows where to register correct? If not please stear her there and ask her to go ahead and do that part ASAP.

We will put the waver link up soon. It may already be on the Gold Dragon site but I need to look and see.

So, can we get a "Who's Who" list of attendees? I always like knowing who's watching/shooting my back.

(and the only reason I'm getting my back shot is b/c I got bunkered. Not running away. :P)

About Devil... she's comming... and she's sleeping with me that weekend... oh wait... she sleeps with me everynight!-)

PERSONMAN!!!! Invite me over for dinner, or something I can meet your parents, give them a copy of my Driver record, heck.. I'm a HS soccer and basketball coach. I could give you a ride, but as far as a place to stay, (I'm not sure what were doing yet, more then likey.. a hotel, but we might camp.)

Let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do to better your chances of comming.... hehehe.. let me guess... STAY FAR AWAY!! lol.........
    The MOOSE is LOOSE!

Good Traders: RogueFactor, Personman,Bazaro,hawpunch, Devil,bofh,Walker,Boble86,Ryknow,MajorDamage

BAD TRADER::: TheEmagGuy

My Feedback

AO-GA

Boomer, do any of you guys form Atlanta want to hook up and car pool over? I'm driving right through Atlanta and can pick up a few people and still have room.