Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: infrarred trigger?

Lightbulb infrarred trigger?

what about an infrarred light trigger where the bem reflects off the trigger guard and when ever you break the beam it fires 1,3 or 5 bps and so on or a constant break in the beam can be set to full auto. i have been werknin on this one for a while...give me some feed back!
    levi

What good would that do?
    black Xtreme Emag
    LVL 10 inside, warp feed left setup
    green warp feed and green 12V Revvy with X-board (melted for warp hose)
    14" Freak kit
    Triggernomics blade trigger
    AGD flatline 4.5k 68cui with green tank cover
    green LED Display (thanks Have Blue)
    clear grips with custom sledgehammer logo (made by Load SM5)

to do list:

- Get Triggernomics custom milling
    - Get Custom Anno

hhmm

here think about it: instead of pullin a triger and releasing it all ou have to do is break a light beam thus incresaing finger sreed in turn increasing ROF! thax levi

WDP has already done it. They stopped production of IR3s for a month or two to put on the "optical" triggers. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Arrow ..

im gonna put it all in one trigger frame though and make it a aftermarket trigger frame.. the only problem i have come up w/ is batterie space but im think about a custom drop foward that come w it wich you can put 2-3 AA batteried or maby a foregrip for a 9-12 volt depending on how many volts i need...
    how do i put a pic here?

mine will be an after market trigger frame for sale to mags, spyders, and all other none electro guns. i have run into a problem w/ batterrie space..i think a custom drop foward will come w/ the gun that will hold 2-3 AA batteries or a fore grip that holds a 9-12 volt depending on how many volts i need. thanx, levi

so far you've double posted a topic
    posted a topic in two forums
    and have won the award for the longest sig yet
    who wants to start a pool to see how long he'll last around here?
    You are the Wormtongue of AO.~bofh

Someone should right a guide thread for new posters.

Re: ..

Originally posted by oslorat
    im gonna put it all in one trigger frame though and make it a aftermarket trigger frame.. the only problem i have come up w/ is batterie space but im think about a custom drop foward that come w it wich you can put 2-3 AA batteried or maby a foregrip for a 9-12 volt depending on how many volts i need...
    what about the amps?

for example, i have this device that generates 150,000 volts at 1 microamp. i show it to nerobro, he asks what the metalic strap is for by where he put his hand. i asked him how he felt about being the other half of the circuit. told him not to worry, because it is the amps that get you.

oslorat, at first glance, you do not strike me as proficient in electronics. i just wonder, what plans you have to pull this off?
    As society and the problems that face it become more and more complex and machines become more and more intelligent, people will let machines make more of their decisions for them, simply because machine-made decisions will bring better results than man-made ones. Eventually a stage may be reached at which the decisions necessary to keep the system running will be so complex that human beings will be incapable of making them intelligently. At that stage the machines will be in effective control. People won't be able to just turn the machines off, because they will be so dependent on them that turning them off would amount to suicide

sometimes I just freaking hate people. which means the next day I will love them for the sake of balance, but right now I will just concentrate on the hating. Hate hate hate. Blaaaarg!

turborev - with ai like this, if it controlled any more than a paddle, it would kill you and everyone you care about.

good observation

i know the basics but that one reason i am here is for help. im soryy bout the sig. it wasnt suposed to be so long and i posted this a few places to get more attention. ive been wondering obut the infrarred switch..i cant find how one werks so im not sur how to ste up micro switches and stuff to be compattable to the infrarred switch. i will be asking for help as i run into problems. thanx for all the help. levi

well the way that a marker would have it's microswitches would be to either pull up, or pull down a voltage on one of the wires connected to the trigger. so you would probally need to send either a positive, or the ground signal to one of the wires on the trigger. beyond that, without being specific to the marker......

ah i c

ok thats awesome...im gonna draw up a cad or draft a couple of ideas on st up scan them and post them here asap. pleses more feedback. is it a worthwhile idea if i can get it running well?
    levi

Well, me as a person who handles firearms professionally, I like the feel of a real trigger and can't see any real advantage in a "virtual trigger", but maybe that's just me and basically a matter of personal preference. However, I can see a potential problem with your idea: What about bright sunlight? How do you want to prevent the sun from shooting your gun?

the infrarred would werk like the saftey device on a garage door. it works in all sunlight and has a long distane to beam 10-20 ft i wil be using a smaller but powerful beam that only has to blast 1 1/2-2 INCHES. the advantage would be w/ some practice you could use 3 fingers to shoot and the ROF could be tripple that of a stock mag, spyder pirahna ect.
    levi

I was going to make a long post (and actually had it written), but after reading it, although true, I thought that some members would think I was being too harsh….. so I will just say the following:

I don’t have much confidence that this product will ever make it into production. Not because of the product itself but other unrelated factors.

www.ShartleyCustoms.com
    Custom Paintball Products and Accessories
    CLICK HERE to Check out our PDU SERIES GEAR!

its more like a paper cut that has primadonna's yelling murder... - Glickman

DO A SEARCH I HAVE made an idea like this months ago and many people have to so search for some more info on a useless product

i dont care what you said dansim. i am gonna make a product. prove it works and prove it improves ROF for the cheapest amount of money possible and when i make some and give them away to be tested i will modify them until ppl love them and then i will sell them to the common player so they can feel better about there 200 dolla gun w/ a 150-200 dolla grip frame against a 1200 dolla angel and be able to accually keep up not like the hyper craps and stuff. i am talkng about an accuall werking product to improve ROF and game. the sport we play is always expanding and ne player should be open to new ideas and offer support and not a negative reaction even if they believe it is a terrible off the wall idea. paintball is a comraderie and a family and if you had a crazy idea that could possibly werk how would you feel if you only got a negative reaction. please remember the fellowship of the paintball player and how competative the sport is and how little possative support it get from the common media so lets support eachother and not our selves and make paintball and x-games or even an olympic event! i sick of all the negative ppl and crap in paintball. and its not the media that makes it crapy its the common player being foolish or not using common sense. let paintball players unite become one and storm the world w/ our great sport. and stop being so petty twards eachother.
    levi

Again, I was going to post a much longer post than what I am going to....

ahhh I feel better now.

ay what you have to say shartly....be preparred fored for my opinion when your done though.

There have actually been triggerless guns made by using HES and the like. The biggest problem with the light trigger is that 1. Its not tournament legal and 2. Very easy to accidently discharge, therefore fields would make them illegal.
    Quote of the year: "Reading blwos"

As little as 10 cents a day and you can buy my family out of slavery... Hurry before its too late!

my designe wont be able to accidently discharge.the saftey is 2 on-off switches on the sides of the gun like the old mvi shockers...and the trigger will be within tourny rules...1 break of the beam equils 1 pull and realese of the trigger.
    levi

Would this even be legal at most fields? Also, I took the trigger return spring out of my Rainmaker, and that made the trigger pull way too light. I prefer a little resistance when pulling the trigger, and I don't think I could get used to pulling no trigger. Now, if you used an ir transmitter/reciever to sense when the trigger was pulled, that might work well (the trigger would have a hole in it, and when the beam was broken, the marker would fire).
    There are three kinds of people in the world: Those who can count, and those who can't.

With understanding comes understanding.

If the saying is true that we are what we eat, aren't we all just cannibals?

well I have to agree with others on this one, I personally dont think this thing will ever happen, and even if it did and it worked fairly good it probably wouldnt be allowed in tourneys and at most local feilds, then for those woods players who do alot of crawling and stuff their would be alot of blades of grass and other such things that could block the beam causing a miss fire....just my 2 cents though...

Hmmm.. Sam I will take over here.

Not going to ever make it to a prototype. Why?

1) You clearly don't understand solid state electronics (you proved that by making this comment: "2-3 AA batteried or maby a foregrip for a 9-12 volt depending on how many volts i need... " . As any electronics hobbist should know, the amount of voltage is not a factor. Amperage is. Now I do not see how you could have any intention of going through a project like this, which would require knowledge of how to etch a PCB and program a pic controller to operate a solenoid and take data from a IR device.

2) You have shown your newness and intellegence in the sport with this comment:
    "when i make some and give them away to be tested i will modify them until ppl love them and then i will sell them to the common player so they can feel better about there 200 dolla gun w/ a 150-200 dolla grip frame against a 1200 dolla angel and be able to accually keep up not like the hyper craps and stuff. i am talkng about an accuall werking product to improve ROF and game. "

For one they make frames that have modes just like that of 1200 dollar guns in 200 frames (you stated this). And players can keep up with higher end markers with their 200 dollar guns with 200 dollar frames. That is the point of the aftermarket electronic frame.

3. I doubt you have any background in machining. Making a frame requires you not ony to make hte electronics in the frame but also to.. you guessed it... make the frame. This is no easy task. And taking a Highschool CAD course or Jr High shop class doesn't mean you know how to use a CNC Lathe/Mill. It also takes thousands of dollars in software to make CAD models to be tooled on the machines. This is an area I know a bit about since I am a freelace 3D Graphic artist (and if you don't belive me, http://mikee.deviantart.com has my credentials).

4. This is the big one. We have people here at AO that have had that idea. Go read in Deep Blue. There are people like Pi, Nerobro, and who can forget Tom, who have much more experience in the filed that can't do this. For one machining a grip costs money or requires someone to have a milling station which is not common.

My point is there are people with much greater knowledge in the filed that have had this idea and dumped it.

If you think you can do it by all means try it, but don't get dissapointed when you find out that you are in over your head.
    Last edited by Vegeta; 08-20-2002 at 06:11 PM.

exodus riecently posted on pbnation about a similar idea, looks like it got grounded by a lack of resources..... maby you could take over his work where he left off, or go in on it together.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=114868

Oh I forgot to mention- the NPPL has a ban on any trigger-less frame or any frame that fires more than one ball with one pull (IE reative trigger frames (discontinued) or seasaw triggers))

first of all i wont be doing this alone. me father and a friend are electronic geniouses..they will be doing that part and i have experieance in milling, latheing and most metal fabrication. not to mention composit fabrication. i am only new to this forum not the sport and desing of gear. i have desinged and built many things for my gun that i havent shared w. the public. like how to make a full auto non electro spyder (really it was a gt2000, and it was sweet spotting but it was terribly easy to do) but you ppl look and the negatives do them math have faith in your selves and uses basic common sense and youll be amazed at what you find.

well me father and me might not be geniouses but we know a failed attempt at a lame idea when we see it.

If your so smart try a spell checker before posting.

Have a nice day

AGD Pride Emag With 4.0 For Sale Here
    03 Vision Shocker #00014 BLUE
    "Personally all I want is a stripper and a corn dog" by RevBrown

We would love to see any pics of anything you have fabricated for your markers.

No seriously we are all techhie pic whores here.

Basic common sense? Most fields don't allow full auto due to insurance regulations in that regard. Since you're idea would allow enhanced fire mode and full auto (as you stated in your original post), anyone with this frame wouldn't be able to use it at the field. Which means renegade play, where people don't always have common sense about safety. With the rather large chance of an accidental discharge with your system, coupled with the sometimes lax safety of renegade play, it's a huge chance of a major injury happening. We aren't trying to discourage you from coming up with a good upgrade, we're trying to point out that your current idea isn't a marketable one. And that IS common sense.