Thread: Anyone ever done a 2-man?

Anyone ever done a 2-man?

Browsing MRPL's calander of events..came accross something interesting. a 2 man tourney. First place gets 2 Vision Impulses for open, and 2 Black Dragons for Rookie.

I'm so doing this...lol

This is the first time I have even heard of such a thing. It's going to be so much fun. More info at http://www.mrpl.org/TourneyInfo-RP.html

Yeah I just played a two man event and it was great fun!

The trick to winning is 'movement' with less players on the field put in your opposition and then move to open up your opportunities and angles. Preferably move to a bunker which gives you a better angle on them the next time they come out. Try not to move between them but around to one side.

This goes for when you lose your partner and are on your own also. Don't give them the advantage of knowing where you are and getting round on you. Don't just sit in your bunker and wait for them. Only stay in if you are pinned in by paint streams.

Shoot at one to put him in, then swing onto the next and come back quickly for the first as you do start moving to your next bunker and go quiet. Hopefully they will think you are still in the same place and you can get them from the side.

I've used this tactic to win when 1 on two I moved so far up the field that I was in the middle and they thought there was still two of us because there was paint coming from so many different bunkers I shot them both out eventually from bunkers very near where they started and I always knew where they were on the field even when on my own because of their refusal to move

manike

hey manike, did u steal that from me, thats what i do!
    ........$$...........$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    .......$$$$................$$$......
    ......$$..$$...............$$$......
    .....$$....$$..............$$$......
    ....$$$$$$$.............$$$......
    ...$$........$$....$$$...$$$......
    ..$$..........$$....$$$..$$$......
    .$$............$$.....$$$$$.........

Thanks for the tips Manike.

This is probably going to my last tourney untill next summer..so I hope this goes good. (My team is breaking up untill school ends because of money reasons, being too busy, parents, etc.)

I played in a 2 man event at boldgetts paintball in missouri. The key to winnig from what I say was moving without notice like they said above. I did not really like playing 2 vs 2 cause it leaves a big disadvantage to the side that loses one player. I think 2 man is only produced by fields wothout the money to sponser a three man event.
    "There's no greater rush than to be shot at with no result"- Winston Churchill

Story of my life

2 man used to be popular when I started cause alot of people played like that them self and a buddy. as the sport became more popular it pretty much dies out cause you do lose quite a bit if one guy gets out. its fun though lots of movement especaily cause most of them are played on 3 or 5 man feilds

Dos Amigos, sounds like fun. I thought about entering but it's either that or the NEAO day at CCPB and I already scheduled the days off.
    bandit5@adelphia.net
    My Trading Feedback
    "Maine, is that even a state anymore? Never hear anything about it"
    -govnamac
    "Personally all I want is a stripper and a corn dog"
    RevBrown

Darn! I was going to do the AO Day also...But didn't realize it was same day...O well I'll stick with DA...shorter drive.

They are on different days, one with the time and funds could do both.