Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We Need Players Saturday at SC Village, in Corona California

We Need Players Saturday at SC

Okay, we are hosting a AO Outing at SC Village, in Corona California., and we are short a few extra players. if anyone is interested in showing up as a walk on and playing in the private group should let us know. post up here if you would like to go. or you could email us.. this is happening this saturday, august 24th. please contact one of us, and let us know. thank you.

Bill- f14mav@msn.com
    Mike- Mikehhockey@cs.com
    Autococker 2k

Thumbs up I am in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where do we meet and what time? Iam in for sure 100%. I use to play with AO CA but I havent seen any of them post for a while now..

Will you be playing walk on or the tourny field? I might be able to drop by for part of the day.
    Former E-Mag #000472
    Rocken Factory # 12+
    http://rockenpaintball.com

dmonhan- We'll be out there with a private group (walk on fields, we may get onto the speedball arena for a game or two, I'm not sure if they still let us do it), but you're more than welcome to show up that morning We need bodies, it'll be like showing up for a walk-on game ('cept you go with us, shorter sided games and 5 bucks off)

mark-Ya got a mail, but for the most part it'll be at SC, staging area tba (day of game) gates open at seven (www.scvillage.com)

Mav

Hope to see yall there!

USAF Academy Paintball Team
    Cadet Fourth Class of Squadron Three "Cerebus - Dogs of War"
    New: AO Feedback

I know nobody here, but if I get paid in time I'm in.

Don't worry we're out to make friends

We'd be happy to have ya!

Mav

Thumbs up see everybody there.

I Will be dressed in red wearing a red jersey that says
    Platnum on the front and has the number 187 on the back
    a red dye mask and matching pads. I shoot a red Dye Cocker.
    See everyone there!!! I will be there at about 8:00 am this sat. I drive a lowerd blue Honda Hatchback with a black hood.

darn, to bad your car wasnt red, then we'd catch ya easily.. lol. see ya there bud.

Riotz Guest
    Would you guys like me to add you to the Official listings? If so, PM me the details please.

Aright you should have a PM in your box, I woulda done it but I'm on my way out the door...

BTW you're on our official listing

Anybody else?

Mav

Question

im planning on being over at sc with a few guys on my team...we had planned on speedball but ide like to play with you guys. do i have to be on some official list or can i just try to find you guys and play...btw this is all IF the rest of my guys are cool with that i dont wanna bail on them

You're more then welcome, just look us up (btw there's really no official list, we're just going off of estimates) but we'll be the private group "Sides" let us know if your group goes for it, if they do last minute just show up before orientation.

Mav

Alright, I'll be there for sure, probably with at least one other person.

okay cool.. see ya there

Damn I missed it...

Ive been wanting to make it to S.C. Village (About an hour and a half away) But nobody here can get it together. If you guys plan another outing soon I would like to make it. I need some new friends to shoot with

ReTro Valve
    Chrome Z Body
    Chrome ANS Body Rail
    Chrome Kapp Grips
    Chromed PMI Perfect
    Tyson Machado built 15* VA
    Black Benchmark 2x Trigger Frame
    Black Magic Reg (Gutted to use as grip)
    12" Lapco Z Barrel,12" SS Lapco Bigshot
    8" and 10" Pro Series S.S. Barrels (Old School BOA Spiral Port shown)
    HALO B

Soon: Lvl.10, Z-Grip

P.S. Did many show up? (I wish I could have been there!) Let me know if you need another next time...

If only I would of seen this sooner. Next time if I'm around and financially able I'll play. Hope ya guys had fun.

nick
    Sorry, I'm old

I was there but I never even heard the private group called so I just ended up playing arenas all day...

Allright guys, I haven't been on since before we went in played but the whole thing was plagued with problems, starting with my own friends who didn't even call in the registration when asked to (thanks buddy!) so right off the bat they didn't have the adequate staffing to give us our own field, which we could deal with...

In total we had 24 players (a few walk-ons like ALT missed us, but not by much, he was standing right next to the field we were playing Speedball on, I wanted to say something but we ran a turnaround and I missed him, as well as a few no shows by my *own* friends)so they weren't all that willing to accomadate us.

After playing a few walk-on games and realizing that our party group was outplaying every other group out there and not enjoying the numbers we had to play with (as well as being asked to move around and break up our groups by a less than polite ref, he was right btw just didn't do it in the way he should have) we gave up on walk-on and moved over the the speedball arena, we turned the day around there and had a blast, fun times

Anyways seeing as that a lot of the events that helped keep this game down can be avoided we do plan on trying it again, so keep your eyes peeled and we'll try and toss up info a month or so in advance (btw it won't be for a while tho). Thanks to those who showed up and hopefully I'll see you those who didn't out there next time!

That turned out to be pretty funny - us getting the boot from Intermediate (where they put us to begin with) to Advanced (where I'm more comfortable anyway ).

The funny part was the conversation that took place about how we were cleaning the other team's clock - well, we were... but that's beside the point! Anyway, the question that was posed to the Ref: "So, you're saying that we're too good?"

Ref: yeah, you have to go to advanced - you have Mags. (!!)

"So, your saying that because of our guns we have to leave?"

Ref: Yeah, you're too good.

"So If I go get my Spider outta the car and come back, you're saying I can't play with the group?"

Ref: Ummmm.... errr... yeah. It wouldn't matter if you had a pump, you're too good.

We view this as a positive regarding the reputation of the Mag and our skillz... it turned out well, as MavD indicated, and the speed ball was really fun.

All in all, a great trip, but too bad we didn't have the expected numbers. Heck, my own brother faded on me with a phone call at 0600 - "I can't make it...." sheesh.

It's all good!!

hehehehe, actually the ref sais: "even if were out here with a PGP, you're still kicking ***, you guys wiped them out within the first few minutes of the game, and I want you guys to play advanced"

Ah well, we mag folk may just have to tone it down so that the "normal" people can catch up with us

Mav

Arg! I knew there were way more mags than normal on that field all of a sudden!

Would you guys be up for trying to just play arenas all day next time? I played a couple rec games and it just wasn't floatin my boat.

All arena may be a possibility, but more than likely only if we can't get a private group together, walk-on at SC has really hit the lows these days... But I'll be sure and pitch it when the time comes around

Mav

SCV ?

Mav D MagMan,

just curious what you meant by walk-ons hitting new lows at SCV. I haven't played walk on there for EVER before i had played there last weekend. just curious to know.
    -Hikaru, Automag, Sheridan P68 & PGP

Well when I started playing (four years ago) I enjoyed walk-on greatly, the games were pretty small sided and the refs were great people... As time progressed I watched the sizes of the games grow (I've played with three hundred players on the field before) and the refs change.

Nowadays it seems the reffing staff ain't the quality it used to be, the games are way too large, and it's increasingly hard to enjoy your play time with them. The field's understaffed and stretched too far sometimes and it shows, unfortunately it is also one of the best complexes in California so it's hard not to want to play there (bad walk-on or not)...

Mav

Couldn't have said it better myself Mav. That's SC described perfectly. I've played there on and off for over ten years and the problems you pointed out have just gotten worse. Fun fields though.

Yup, I've seen the same thing pretty much. I also noticed that there was a massive amount of cheating in the rec games.

Cheating is the one thing I can't figure out, it's Rec. we all came there to have fun and who cares if you get picked off in the break or ten minutes into it, ya still comming back for the next game.

Mav

SC Village and the next AO day

I've played SCV twice. First time, I had borrowed a friend's RT (that's when the RT bug bit me and bit me HARD). I went with 2 buddies, one had a Spider TL+ (playing for his 4th day lifetime), the other an Autococker. We went to play on the beginning field, being as this was my third day of PB lifetime and the group size was small (35 or so total). Ref took one look at the guns and said to go to the Intermediate. Didn't matter how much experience we had, the guns made that much of a difference in the ref's eyes.
    So, we go to the Intermediate and immediately start the crawl. Average size was 40 PER TEAM, with one game reaching 55+. Of course you have to go through the rules of the field, make sure everyone's got the correct color tape, team sizes are roughly equal, etc. We got 7 games in over the full day (1 was Speedball).
    I later asked the refs how many games the Beginners got in. 12. That's sick.
    I'd have to agree, they need more refs. They need to split the Intermediate walk-ons into smaller groups.
    Going to try Tombstone tomorrow with my new RT Pro and a private party.

As for the next AO day, wherever it is, LET ME KNOW!!! Hook me up with the offical list or whatever.

Thanks,
    Charles

Gee where were all these califonians when I was trying to get a game going in August? Lol wait till x-mas comes around I'm sure there'll be a whole lot more.

As for the official list, I'll be sure and let ya'll know next time I get up the strength to try an AO game again It should be a while though but keep your eyes peeled!

Mav