Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best addition to a mag since Level 10... the proconnect

Thumbs up Best addition to a mag since Level 10... the proconnect

proconnect! It's the best thing I have added to my guns since level 10! thanks a huge bunch to Tunaman ( tunaman5@comcast.net ) who got them for me (he can get them for anyone). You can't get them over here in the UK easily (I've certainly never seen them often here) but they are worth every penny.

They completely solve the problem of the residual gas left that can happen with level 10 when you want to take the valve out and are easy to use. Nice well made bits of kit. Tunaman even had the special fittings I needed to put it inline so that the proconnect wasn't right next to the valve spoiling the looks of my gun

here's a pic on my gun...

manike

looks good. I checked one out at a local store but they wanted $50 for it!!!

They aren't cheap, but they are very high quality and very useful.

It makes working on the gun so much easier. Especially good if you don't have an on/off valve on your tank.

manike

Boy you really must like that disconnect cause you have the same pic over in another thread talking about it Like a little kid with a new toy. j/k

Originally posted by spacemanspiff
    Boy you really must like that disconnect cause you have the same pic over in another thread talking about it Like a little kid with a new toy. j/k
    So true I'm sat here with another one popping it open and closed.

I wish I had found out about these years ago. Sure I had seen them in pictures but didn't realise how good they were until speaking to Tunaman about them in chat.

manike

I used a proconnect for years as a qd/bleed for my remote. It's now on my Stroker, and will soon be moved over to my minimag just like the pics above. It's one of the best paintball investments I've ever made.

That is EXACTLY how I set mine up! Tuna found those little straight female macro fittings too. Worked great. Nice looking way to do it. I will do it again that way if I ever get another marker... sigh...

AGD, where we are so good we can do it with only ONE tube!

cphilip.com

I have a flatline (ie, on/off valve) and was thinking of just adding a slide check. That proconnect is huge. What makes it better than a slide check and quick disconnect combo?

Hey Hitech your starting to sound like me! - AGD
    Hitech is the man.... - Blennidae
    The only Hitech Lubricant

Originally posted by hitech
    I have a flatline (ie, on/off valve) and was thinking of just adding a slide check. That proconnect is huge. What makes it better than a slide check and quick disconnect combo?
    The proconnect isn't huge but there are many extra fittings on it to fit it inline on my gun. At the bottom there is a tiny piece of macro between two elbows. It makes it all look longer than it is.

A slidecheck and qd would work but that would be a similar length also with macro line (that's how I was going to be doing it before) also some slidechecks can be hard to pull back under pressure. This system is actually quite easy.

manike

Manike, thanks. Any idea what Tuna would sell just the proconnect to the rest of us for?

I just have a nice ACI QD/Slidecheck near my valve. It actually would'nt fit except for the way the SFL is milled. I like it because it's about $45 cheaper than a pro-connect and I can shut off the air flow without dis-connecting everything.

Moorewatch

If you read this, thank a teacher.
    If you read this in English, thank a soldier.

Hey load, do you have any pictures of it? I need to put something in my setup to degas the marker and I'm unsure what I want.

I'll take one and post it up in a bit. I just got a new computer and have'nt installed the camera software yet.

I had a proconnect on my mag for years before I sold it.I loved it.
    [Something Cool is Here]

Here's a couple...

closer...

closest....

Nice gun Load, my offer still goes for the gun. But Ill up it ill give you 2 WHOLE pieces of winterfresh.

2?!! Away temptation!!!!!

Just keep this in mind..

Just a reminder...There is not a slidecheck made today that is designed to hold back the full tank pressure should the tank reg ever fail. The proconnect was designed to do just that. Most slidechecks were designed for the 850 PSI or so of a CO2 tank. Certain HPA applications could spell disaster. Please be careful when using slidechecks on HPA. Having BOTH a slidecheck and a Proconnect is the safest way.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Load, Ill also throw in a piece of ORBIT!!

Load, thanks for the pics. Nice marker, btw. Where did you get the level 10 inside sticker? I WANT ONE!

How much are proconnects?

Re: Just keep this in mind..

Originally posted by Tunaman
    Just a reminder...There is not a slidecheck made today that is designed to hold back the full tank pressure should the tank reg ever fail. The proconnect was designed to do just that. Most slidechecks were designed for the 850 PSI or so of a CO2 tank. Certain HPA applications could spell disaster. Please be careful when using slidechecks on HPA. Having BOTH a slidecheck and a Proconnect is the safest way.
    Well the tank has an on/off and the slidecheck is really just to bleed the line. But I promise, if the tank reg fails I'll throw the gun and dive for the nearest ditch.

I made the sticker at work to see how well it holds up.

Look nice...

/me can't use Marco anymore...
    /me has co2 problems...

By the way that's a WAS turborev up there; the smartest loader there is.

It talks to me sometimes....

Re: Re: Just keep this in mind..

Originally posted by Load SM5
    I made the sticker at work to see how well it holds up.
    How about selling me one? If it doesn't hold up, it doesn't hold up. I want one anyway.

You're not going to make me beg, are you?

this is gonna make me sound dumb but i dont care... the the proconnect allow me to disconct the QD w/o having to unscrew my tank? if so im getting one
    Rockin' the Cocker.

Great Traders List: Dern

where can you buy these things in the USA?
    Superbolt

http://www.paintball-paradise.com/
    http://www.111paintball.com/prolprociii.html
    http://www.sportsattitude.com/paintb...ccessories.htm

Manike - you could replace that tiny piece of macroline with different fittings and save yourself some bulk there. Try the plumbing section of home depot.