Thread: Help!

Exclamation Help!

I own a scuba tank and bought it thinking that I could easily fill my own HPA tank. However, I have now figured out(after filling the HPA tank only once) that the scuba needs a compressor? Is this right? Please help! If I need to buy a compressor is there anything out there that is cheap? I really dont want the field version kind and I dont want to spend like $300+ to get one(Ionly spent $115 on the scuba tank.)Help!

personman Guest
    You need to take your tank to a SCUBA shop and ask what you need to do to get it filled. They might just fill it for you, or you might need a scuba licence.

Or you could buy a compressor, but I think those run at about 1k USD, not sure though..

No no no, you misunderstood. I already HAVE the scuba tank filled. I'm trying to fill my Crossfire 68/3000 tank but the x-fire tank won't fill all the way. I was told that as the scuba tank is used up the pressure in it drops which therefore won't let me fill the x-fire tank all the way. Is this true? If so how do I keep the pressure in the scuba tank at 3000 psi so I can fill my x-fire tank.

personman Guest
    Get it refilled.... like I said..

That's not sane. Its still at LEAST 3/4 full. To have to get it refilled to only get one fill out of it just isn't economical.

Without purchasing a booster you will never get more then 1 full fill. As the scuba looses pressure everytime you fill your 68/3000. Its like anything else, you have to replace the pressure you use in the scuba and the only way to do that is to get it refilled.

A booster will allow you to get a full fill probably 3 times, if you want to spend 12-15 hundred bucks on one.

Well this is the wrong place for this...

A couple of things:

One, you will only get one fill at close to 3000 psi and then progressively lower fills till you get down to say 1500 and need to refill the SCUBA. It's that first bulk fill that kills ya if the tank is dead empty. Many people have three or so for the group and cascade off of them. I use a 3300 psi SCUBA which gets me another fill or two at 3000. Where you got the idea the the SCUBA was going to last forever without refilling is beyond me! You didn't do your homework.

Compressors capable of refilling SCUBA's are $3,000.00. You need to go to the SCUBA shop and get it refilled for like $6. You can never justify a compressor I don't think.

Anyway I am gonna move this one to Talk.

AGD, where we are so good we can do it with only ONE tube!

cphilip.com

yeah take it to a Scuba shop and tell the guy you need it filled but youre using it for paintball and not breathable air. My bud got one and he had to spraypaint that on the side before the guy would fill it for him. He fills it to like 3500 or so..
    My Trader Feedback
    It was the only tournament I've been to where they have more cases of beer than paint. - gimp

Damn! I bought the tank used and I told the guy before I bought it that I was gonna use it for this. He even said that his store had been gven a fill station so they can do fills but they don't trust paintball HPA tanks(so much pressure in such a small space). I guess I'm just gonna have to sell it.

You should have plenty of air for two days of paintball in a 80cf 3000psi SCUBA tank. You wont get full 3000 fills but you get enough for one or two games. Just keep topping it (your gun's tank) up after each game and you'll be fine. I only go through 1500-2000psi per game anyway so if by the end of the day I'm only getting 2000psi fills I'm still OK.

If you still want to sell it I'll take it off your hands.
    "Relax. Don't worry. Have a Home Brew."
    -Charlie Papazian

Feedback: https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...threadid=40134

Yea I guess I'm just gonna top of my HPA tank after every game. You own a scuba tank Tramp? Mines 80cf too so it wouldn't make a difference if you bought mine anyways.

I'm a SCUBA diver so you can never have too many tanks.

Like I said, it takes a little more work but filling your own tank from a SCUBA will absolutly save you money in the long run. You'll have to top up after each game but you'll also not have to pay the $10-$15 all day air charge at the field. Plus you'll be able to use air at a field that only has CO2.

Do you think CCP will let me bring my tank in there for the tourney next Sunday?

They don't want you to do your own fills but if you just keep it in the car where your team sets up then they don't have to know do they.

Sorry, but i find it funny you thought they held infinite air or something...

You got your question answered. A 80CF scuba can easily hold 2 people over for 1 day of play on a fill.....maybe 1 person if you shoot a LOT of paint. I shot maybe 1000 balls and my friend shot about 400 last time we played, and i still had 1500psi left.
    My Feedback

"Game...Blouses"

In the back seat of your truck with duct tape stretched out..
    I run an 80cuft 3k tank and I get about 14-15 good, playable fills (above 1500psi) off my tank. Even then..I can fill it down to around 1000 psi and still play. Just can't shoot much. I know when my friends show up we fill 1k off each scuba.. (3 tanks) and at the end of the day (4 of us) still get about 2300 psi. It's all about sacrifice. You sacrifice those nice full 3 k fills, for the lower cost of the 2$ gets you filled 15 times. (It costs me 2$ to get my scuba filled) As opposed to 10 all day air. (3 fills maybe 4) for one day...

Anyone here use scubas to fill their own tanks at TOURNAMENTS? I'm just wondering if its worth it to get the 10 dollar all day air and get full fills rather than filling with your scuba and getting a 1/2 or 1/3 full tank.

i don't think that a scuba at a tourney would be practicle beacuse in a tourney you are shooting alot of paint every game. So if you where limiting yourself to say 1800psi fills in a tourney game then you would probly run out of air.
    Minimag body, valve: CF05240, gas-thru grip, all-american, lvl 10, tourney velocity adj., flatline 68/3000 nitro FL01255
    SOON: intelliframe/medusa

custom spyder, with every part replaced but they valve and body.

see this is why i use co2. My friend has a co2 tank and it gives us sooo many fills.

I bought a nitrogen tank before i realized that i really don't like hpa. For me, it sucks. The tank was much heavier than my 12oz and it was so bulky. I barely got any shots out of it either compared to co2.

I just play at friends houses though, so i don't need hpa. i don't need a mag either but its stainless, and i love stainless.

My truck is louder than yours. A lot louder.

Good Traders: JT2002, LawFox32, Gizmolax32