Thread: Stats in magasine showing, the autmag IS gaining popularity, look

Stats in magasine showing, the autmag IS gaining popularity, look

I took a trip to my local periodical store and picked up 3 paintball mags (cost me 15$!!!!!!) and as i was reading one on the ride home i saw this very interesting statistic. What do you think is the most popular gun, if you guessed the autococker, well you guessed right, 21% of people use the autococker. i'll list the guns and thier % below

autococker 21%
    spyder 20%
    tipmann 18%
    Angel 9%
    Excaliber 7% (ok i don't know anyone who uses one)
    Automag 4%
    Shocker 3%
    Brass Eagle 3%
    Pump gun 3%
    Matrix 2%
    Impulse 2%
    who cares 1%

Now I think that these results are a bit scewed, but if you only keep tournament guns it would read in order Autococker, Angel, Excalibur (?), Automag, Shocker, Matrix, Impulse. I personally don't know anyone who uses a Excalibur, and i've only seen them in trade show pig tv videos so i have know clue how that got so high. Other then that i thought the mag did pretty well, especially if you take out the spyder, tipmann, BE, and pumpgun. Well just wanted to pass this info along.
    Cited from: Paintball2Xtremes, September, 2002, pg 20
    Minimag body, valve: CF05240, gas-thru grip, all-american, lvl 10, tourney velocity adj., flatline 68/3000 nitro FL01255
    SOON: intelliframe/medusa

custom spyder, with every part replaced but they valve and body.

No intimidators?

I have also not seen an Excalibur on the field. I have seen a lot of timmys.

stupid cockers at the top of the list. MAGS AND IMPULSES SHOULD BOTH BE UP THERE!!!!!!

seen quite a few Excaliburs. very very nice piece of equipment. featherweight. watch the % grow overtime, that gun will take off. plus it shoots like a dream for an electro.
    BEZERKERS
    ALL MAG SHOOTING TEAM

yeah this one guy has an excal at my field, they are pretty nice i'm not to sure about them though (closed bolt right?)

yah excals are closed bolt ULTRA low pressure electros

well i wonder why they haven't caught on, cause it seems like ultra low preasure/closed bolt is all what most people care about today, i guess for that increased range and accuracy

did anyone else notice that those numbers only add up to 93%?

what the hell!, yes you are correct! i have tripple checked those numbers and they are exactly as i read them in pb2xtremes. you can pick up one yourself and check pg 20 if you like. It's ok though we can just add the extra % to the automag collum.

Margin of error, that is to be expected... Although 7% error... Thats alot, the 7% probably goes to the E-mag that they must have forgoten the print

*The New List*
    autococker 21%
    spyder 20%
    tipmann 18%
    Angel 9%
    Excaliber 7%
    E-Mag 7%
    Automag 4% (Add the AGD guns and we have more then angels hehe)
    Shocker 3%
    Brass Eagle 3%
    Pump gun 3%
    Matrix 2%
    Impulse 2%
    who cares 1%

The Excaliber is made right here in Indiana in Fort Wayne. We see a lot of them around here and people like them. They are very similiar to an Angel in Mechanics is my understanding and the company comes to Tourneys and makes sure the customer service is still there. If the E-mag wasn't there it would be my next marker for sure.
    Hitmanng

well at least we're one up on brass eagle

excal

I'm not trying to be smart but the excals and vikings are made in indianapolis. if you play in the icc you'll see a million of them. i've used my excal for a year now and no breaks in the breech or the barrel. on a side note i sold my level 7 back in 95 and thanks to the extreme guess whos comin back to agd (already preordered)
    oh yeah, anyone needing help with an aka product let me know i'm a certified tech
    AKA Tech
    Air Force Won
    AIM thejodus

angelkiller16

did you by chance buy the september issue of paintball 2 xtremes, with Trauma on the front cover? That list sounds familiar,
    baaaaamm, yo i can hang!!!
    2K3 TADAO *ACED* MATRIX FOR SALE $900! W/ PLENTY OF UPS!

Yah, thats the one i bought, TRAUMA is awsome!, what 4 NPPL wins, thats amazing. Oh and buy the way everyone pick up the lastest isue of Paintball Games International, my boys ESP ECLIPSE are on the front cover! (well one of them) I go to thier shop (Dartmouth, Mass), have played at the feild with some of them, and know the captain and owner of the place on a first name basis (Marcio). My friends have jobs at the feild too. If your every in the Mass area thier are three shops and a feild. The biggest shop is Dartmouth on rt 5, the other is in Swansea near the mall and the other is in Lakeville, and the feild is right by the dartmouth shop about 2 1/2 miles away behind a wine vinyard just off of rt5. ESP is the best feild/Shop in mass, no-one else! Pick up the latest PGI!

Originally posted by AcemanPB
    well i wonder why they haven't caught on, cause it seems like ultra low preasure/closed bolt is all what most people care about today, i guess for that increased range and accuracy
    Well, try adjustability and efficiency. You have a lot more control over the firing cycle in an excaliber than you would on similar electros. You also have added benefit of the aftermarket products most people recognize in a complete package.

---and yah, the excal is very popular around here, we take care of our own. But it's Tippmann that's in Fort Wayne, and AKA is indeed in indy. All us Hoosiers fightin over who gets to be closer to AKA... can't we all take pride in a hoosier and boilermaker gettin his own in the world?
    [*img]http://userpic.livejournal.com/11885469/469200[/img]
    Filesize too large- Tato
    Greatest "Sponsor" Ever.

85% of statistics are made up off the top of your head...
    ^
    -
    -
    That was no exception.

personman Guest
    Well, There are 2 impulses for every one cocker at my field, and the rentals are all parahanas.. Pretty much all you see is impys, an occasional cocker, I saw a bushy once, and a couple angels.. The rest are all Tippys and other low-cost markers.. not including my beautiful, wonderful, automag

i didn't mean to sound like i was fightin if i did sorry
    anything that deals with an aka product i will do my best to see that it is fixed for free (99% of the time it is)

I am never serious, doubly so when it's a serious subject.

Originally posted by xmetal2001
    85% of statistics are made up off the top of your head...
    ^
    -
    -
    That was no exception.
    74.8, it's gone down since the last study. Don't worry though, only 26.4 percent of people know that.

I don't know if I would trust a list that didn't even mention Intimidators, as it seems in my experience that everyone and his mother owns one.
    BTW the 7% discrepancy is probably not an error... You may notice that there is no "other" on the list.
    Your head asplode!

well i don't nesacarily think that this list is correct because some people just "want" to own a cocker and say they do. I just thought you would be interested in some info i found wheter it be true or not

hmmmm i think there would be more brass eagle than cockers. im guessing this is an online poll as opposed to an accual look at sales and the like