Thread: does the level 10 mod work well with the RT valve upgrade?

does the level 10 mod work well with the RT valve upgrade?

on my micromag, i need to get a enw bolt, and i was also thinking of getting a RT conversion since AGD now has the thing where i give them my old valve and they give me a RT for $100 off retail...

i was wondeing if the Level 10 Mod Bolt set worked well on micromags with the RT valve...

- Tim F. POG #815
    - Viper84@jps.net
    - Http://www.FirePro84.com
    - 47 guns and counting

- Recent Additions: Black VSC Phantom, PGP, Angel LED

it works with every marker AGD released, and every mag every!. Also your talking about a Retro Valve not RT

NYX-Matrix/Mamba IR3
    -----> Click the picture, do it!

PBnation

Impulse Owners Group (IOG)

Yes, get the level 10 with the retro conversion. You'll be firing faster bursts with the retro valve. You'll most likely need the level 10 to keep from chopping balls, and it works well. Oh, yeah!
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

1 word: DEADLY. Best combination there could ever be.
    "If everything is under control your not moving fast enough."

quick follow up with the Retro Valve..

I know that the first shot has drop off. is it possible to avoid this first shot drop off by holding the trigger down before firing, just as in chronoing.

my biggest worry of getting the retro valve, is that it will eliminate my snap shooting, mostly my first shot..

is this true.

also, i know the retro is no comparison (totally different products)for a electronic frame, but does the retro offer the same ease of shot as the elctronic grips do? i dont really mean the 2 mm trigger pulls. but is it easy to fire it?

thanks alot

dan

I suppose it would be possible to hold the trigger down until you shoot. The Retro is going have the same or close to it as the air valve it just returns with more force.

Felony:

The retro valve doesn't have first shot drop off. The front chamber of the valve is identical to the standard valve. Only the regulator and on/off part of the valve is different.

What you are refering to first shot drop off is probably this:

The retro valve heats during rapid firing due to the rate at which the valve recharges itself. This causes rapid strings of shots to have higher velocities than single shots. Therefore the retro valve must be chronoed by holding the trigger, then releasing and firing instantly. This heated air then gives a more accurate reading on the chrono for what the gun could possibly shoot in the field. The actual velocity difference isn't very much and is pretty much unnoticable when shooting.

All single shots will have the same velocity. Rapid strings of shots will have a few fps more, but not much.

If you want to get that few more fps, then yes hold the trigger and release before you pull the trigger again.

Athomas..

Thanks very much for the input. You sound like you own one yourself.

Before I get serious in purchasing one I just want to know what it shoots like. I'm gonna try and get my hands on a retro @ the park, but if I can't, what is it like in comparison to the standard trigger pull or even to an electro.

Do you believe the retro is a better buy in comparison to the hyperframe? why or why not?

thanks
    dan

Definitely.. an intelliframe and a retro is a lot better than a hyperframe. You really need to shoot them to feel it.
    Superbolt

ok, well now i gotta decide if i should save and buy a used emag or stick with what i got and love and get the retro

we shall see

thanks for all your help
    dan

i heard that you can get RT internal parts put onto a regular A.I.R. valve and it will perform almost as good as a Retro Valve and it only costs like $35 bucks...craig palmer told me today

The retro valve is a little more crisp than the regular AIR valve due to the way the on/off and air recharging system is constructed. The majority of the trigger pull force is due to the bolt pressure on the sear, so the trigger isn't lightened a whole lot. The nice part is the reactive feel of it. You only have to pull the trigger, the valve on/off provides the reset for it. In that way you don't have to consentrate on the pull and release as much.

You can put a retro on/off in a standard AIR valve. It will make the feel a little crisper but remember , the majority of the trigger pull force is due to the bolt pressure on the sear. You also won't get much reactivity like the retro valve.

The nice thing about the retro valve is because of the fast recharge. You will have less chance of short stroking your mag.

If you like the feel and reliability of a mechanical marker get the retro valve.

If you want the feel of the electronic trigger, sell your mag and buy a used emag. The benefits of the emag are in the quality of the electronic frame and the ability to go back to manual if the electronics die. I've had to use that feature when I forgot to charge my battery one night. The hyperframe is an inexpensive way to go electro with the mag but beware, if the electronics go down you are without a gun. If you have a backup gun, then a hyperframe is a good inexpensive option. You won't need a retro valve if you use the hyperframe.

I have a standard mag with a retro valve and an emag. I like them both. The standard emag is heavy to some people. The retro mag is small and compact. It will rip it up too. I had no problems duking it out with the impulse and matrix toting guys.

does the level 10 mod work well with the RT valve upgrade?
    Does the Pope wear a funny hat?

The gun is 1/8" of a game that is a FOOT long!
    (...but a 'mag helps)
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine. -Eddie Vedder
    Sinister Sainthood

it works very well. Level 10 works hand and hand with the RT vaulve. Good choice in the gun setup

Opium

The ReTro valve & lvl10 are a beautiful combination. Add an Intelliframe & you'll be in pig heaven. Insane rates of fire w/no ball breaks. What more could you ask for?

btw - the ReTro valve and AIR valve do not have interchangable parts (other than maybe a couple o-rings). Check out the diagrams on http://www.airgun.com/manual.shtml.