Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Automag vs Autococker, please level with me

mabye I shoudl read all these
    Hey
    AIM: FalconGuy016
    BANG!!!

You obviously didn't read... I said RT Pro...
    Also, you're taking JT's words out of context. He was quoting you.

Second- You just don't get it... We don't care what you think.

Originally posted by strongboy2005

My friend has a 2002 and never has problems with chopping, and my LP freeflow certainly doesn't chop.

Why do I keep putting on a body? Well, quite simply, I didn't:

see the part where it says "new body 150"? there you go.

Starving the gun for air? Those inline regs are factory set. Only reason you'd need a new one is to let LESS pressure into the gun.

I own a cocker, 2 of my friends own 2 cockers, and another one of my friends has a cocker. We play every weekend. Never seen a hose blow up.

The stock 2003 cockers come with hinge frames. "The fastest recharging valve in paintball"... So what? Tourneys are capped at 13 bps, which is easily achieveable with a stock 2003 cocker.

As for the parts you listed...

Do cockers need a new reg ... not if you keep them stock.
    Do cockers need to buy air fittings ... well all guns do including mags.
    It's plain and simple, your cocker arrives, you screw in the tank, you throw on a hopper with some paint and play.

Do stock mags come with bottom lines? No.
    Do stock mags come with air fittings? No.
    Do stock mags come with any barrel whatsoever? No.
    Do stock mags come with any kind of foregrip? No.
    Do stock mags AT LEAST come with a vertical adapter so you can put in a foregrip? No.

So I guess your "gas it up and go" philosophy kind of back fired didn't it? I guess if you had THOUGHT before you posted you would have realized how INCORRECT your "gas it up and go" statement is.

As for the rentals. Who cares? I guess they finally assumed that tippmanns were too high quality to rent out and replaced them with a less quality product. You asked...

Well..as far as this debate goes..i've owned both..my newest marker (only because I have to wait an eternity for an X-Mag) is a new 03' Outkast Cocker that I've hooked up to my MaxFlo tank..she's pretty...I put the Delron bolt on her and I'm using one of WGP's new Kaner Barrel sets..sort of like the CP..and since it's a cocker I can also use the barrels on my X-Mag when she comes in...

strongboy2005 Guest
    Originally posted by Dayspring
    You obviously didn't read... I said RT Pro...
    Also, you're taking JT's words out of context. He was quoting you.

Second- You just don't get it... We don't care what you think.

JT wasn't quoting me, go back up and look at his post. Where did RT Pro ever come in? We are comparing stock guns here.

Right there... So I started making comparisons.

$350 - autococker that comes stock better than an LX RT Mag

So I guess your "gas it up and go" philosophy kind of back fired didn't it? I guess if you had THOUGHT before you posted you would have realized how INCORRECT your "gas it up and go" statement is.

As for the rentals. Who cares? I guess they finally assumed that tippmanns were too high quality to rent out and replaced them with a less quality product. You asked...
    minimags can be bought with a barrel and vert adapter for the same price as a new cocker, it will also shoot just as fast, and accurate, and the same distance, and probably last longer too. As for your last statement that's just retarded and you know it. Face the facts an autococker could never make it as a rental gun because they are too delicate and as you probably know when people get ahold of things that aren't thiers they treat them like dirt. Mags can handle the abuse alot better than an autocker, and alot better than any other gun I can think of with the exception of a tippman. Don't make stupid comments because there was a good point made against your beloved autococker. As much as you might hate to admit it Mags rock too. I think most mature people realize that mags and cockers are neck and neck when it all comes down to it, and everything else is petty details. To say that one gun is far superior to the other is silly. You would play just as well with a mag as you would your LP freeflow.

I can't believe I just read every post in this thread, I feel stupder for it. I am a hardcore cocker fan, I have an upgraded stock cocker, E-Blade FreeFlow, and will have a Raced FreeFlow soon. You can obvoiusly see where my vote would go, the mags I've shot just didn't fit my tastes. I have to dispell some of the myths that have been brought up about the autococker.

1. The only thing you have to add to a stockc cocker is a spring kit and a barrel, everything other than that is just for looks.
    2. There is no need to upgrade the 2 regs unless you want something easier to adjust. They are both adjustable for LP and won't starve your marker.
    3. You do not need FF internals to not chop, thats accomplished with just a spring kit.

No one's mind here is obviously going to be changed, so can we all just be aware of that and drop this endless debate.

Milf of course your vote would go to your upgraded cocker over a bone stock mag, that's obvious. Like I said I think the two are too close in stock form to really argue that one outperforms the other. But when you start adding expensive upgrades each gun can pull away from the others stock performance (that's why we call them upgrades). So if I were to spend as much money on mag parts as you did your race frame, etc. I'm guessing I would end up with something like a LX RTP and bam my gun is just as good as yours again if not better. Preference is another thing entirely but performance is too similar to yap about. And if you can't do all the things on an RT that you could on any mechanical cocker or vice versa then your paintball skills are lacking and your relying far to heavily on your gun than playing skills.

Man this thread ended up in the wrong place. Started off with some guy asking about which one to get and ends up a cocker is better than a mag, and no, ur arguments r wrong and so on.

Does it really matter how much you spend on your own gun? Really. If a person buys a black dragun for 200 and someone buys an emag for 700, is it anyones right to say that the emag guy is an idiot? They bought it for a reason, let it be. Its not ur money, so why should u care?

I think that ppl should stop this, "My gun is the fastest thing in the world and is better than urs" kinda of mess. Who cares.
    I think that ppl have to impose their thoughts on how meager a different gun from theirs is to feel better about themselves and to reassure themselves that they made the right decision.
    Who cares.

If i buy a cocker, for whatever reason, that is because I want one. From hype, from curiosity, from having the money, from the elves in my closet telling me so after they stole all my socks. And if i spend 1000 for a cocker, what right does anyone have to tell me anything? And for that matter, if i spend 1000 for a mag, what right does anyone have to tell me anything?

If you spent 300 dollars on a stock mag, and luv it, and dont want anything more, than I say great. If you have a '03 Outkast Cocker (Dirtybunny, man, that sure is a purty gun, congrats) and paid 2000 for it, and are happy than it, than i say great.

Just let it go to bed, and go out and have fun with the sport, rather than attack each other over preference.
    "Yea, well, if wishes were horses, then we'd be all eating steak."

strongboy2005 Guest
    Originally posted by MinimagRockin'

minimags can be bought with a barrel and vert adapter for the same price as a new cocker, it will also shoot just as fast, and accurate, and the same distance, and probably last longer too. As for your last statement that's just retarded and you know it. Face the facts an autococker could never make it as a rental gun because they are too delicate and as you probably know when people get ahold of things that aren't thiers they treat them like dirt. Mags can handle the abuse alot better than an autocker, and alot better than any other gun I can think of with the exception of a tippman. Don't make stupid comments because there was a good point made against your beloved autococker. As much as you might hate to admit it Mags rock too. I think most mature people realize that mags and cockers are neck and neck when it all comes down to it, and everything else is petty details. To say that one gun is far superior to the other is silly. You would play just as well with a mag as you would your LP freeflow.
    But see that is the thing. IT WON'T BE AS FAST. The stock 03 cockers come with hinge frames, meaning they are fully adjustable to be very short and very smooth. Minimag triggers are heavy and slow, and are not adjustable. Ok I'll give you and say yes mags are like tippmanns, in durability (tippmanns have faster trigger pulls). Mags, like you said, were made for the newbie paintball player who treats their gun like crap. It's a good gun for the paintball player who doesn't know proper cleaning, oiling, and upkeep of their paintball gun. Plus, mags are cheaper, and if they could rent a gun that would be better then a spyder (a cocker, for instance) then why would they ever need to buy a better gun? And no on your last statement, my mag was sweet, but my freeflow is 100x better at half of what I put into my mag.

Man this thread ended up in the wrong place. Started off with some guy asking about which one to get and ends up a cocker is better than a mag, and no, ur arguments r wrong and so on.

Does it really matter how much you spend on your own gun? Really. If a person buys a black dragun for 200 and someone buys an emag for 700, is it anyones right to say that the emag guy is an idiot? They bought it for a reason, let it be. Its not ur money, so why should u care?

I think that ppl should stop this, "My gun is the fastest thing in the world and is better than urs" kinda of mess. Who cares.
    I think that ppl have to impose their thoughts on how meager a different gun from theirs is to feel better about themselves and to reassure themselves that they made the right decision.
    Who cares.

If i buy a cocker, for whatever reason, that is because I want one. From hype, from curiosity, from having the money, from the elves in my closet telling me so after they stole all my socks. And if i spend 1000 for a cocker, what right does anyone have to tell me anything? And for that matter, if i spend 1000 for a mag, what right does anyone have to tell me anything?

If you spent 300 dollars on a stock mag, and luv it, and dont want anything more, than I say great. If you have a '03 Outkast Cocker (Dirtybunny, man, that sure is a purty gun, congrats) and paid 2000 for it, and are happy than it, than i say great.

Just let it go to bed, and go out and have fun with the sport, rather than attack each other over preference.
    ditto, and amen.

BEST DEALER: RogueFactor

This has become pointless so its ending now.

AGD