Thread: /rude Level 10

/rude Level 10

Grrrr I'm getting frustrated! I was at Shatnerball, tried playing with the Lvl10 for about an hour or so and still couldn't get it working. Went to the cocker as I didn't want to miss anymore of the game

So yesterday, I had some extra crappy paint (the blue oiley stuff) and took RTPro in hand and went to CPX. Got a fill, worked on the LX, got it to the point now where it'll shoot, but here's the gotcha. I have my input at around 900-1000, I was chrono-ing it and was around 260-290, nothing consistent. So I ran out of paint, went back to the table to grab the other two pods and came back and didn't touch anything on the gun, but when I pull the trigger, nothing. Doesn't shoot. It's got air as the trigger is kicked back, but the gun doesn't shoot. I shut off the tank, degassed the gun, turned the tank back on and heard the familar "pop" that it makes when you gas up and the trigger rod gets tight. It was firing fine then. Seems that after a while if I leave the gun and don't fire and come back to it, it wont' fire. Any ideas?
    My Trader Feedback
    It was the only tournament I've been to where they have more cases of beer than paint. - gimp

if u havent already try the small stock spring.. i had the same prob, but my 1st was a drop off.. didnt make it out of the barrel lol
    RT
    Ace'd Emag (sold)
    Xmag (sold)

Yep! Next smaller carrier... As it breaks in it will get looser and inconsistent things start to happen. Almost always fixed by moving down a half size....try that one.

AGD, where we are so good we can do it with only ONE tube!

cphilip.com

And as far as you velocity inconsistancies go, I would blame the crappy blue oily stuff. My shots varied by as much as 10fps because the paint was so inconsistant.

Moorewatch

If you read this, thank a teacher.
    If you read this in English, thank a soldier.

No, no, no.

If you're having problems with it locking up when it sits around then you got to move up one carrier size. When AGD was producing LX they ran into this problem and the fix was going to carriers so that you can get the perfect o-ring tension. Right now it's too tight, so that's why it's locking up.

Go up one size on the carrier and if it leaks, then try a different o-ring (they all vary in size so find one that works right).

I donŽt think you can blame level 10 for your failures, hereŽs a lot of posted stuff how to set that stuff up the right way
    Just follow the instructionbs you can find in the "all level 10 Info" Post by AGD.

Well Black may be right here. he most often is. Its carrier most likely either way.

My failure was to ask you a few more questions. Like which one you had in there now. However I will tell you I had lock up problems not once but in five different markers from too large a carrier (the 2.0 and then they went to 1.5 to solve this). This carrier worked at first which I may have wrongly assumed yours did. And then started not firing some times. In all these markers going tighter fixed them.

But...Lock up however is a vauge term. So lets go back and tell us where you are first. Maybe we will be able to help more if we know what you are using and what exactly you mean by "Lock up". Seems I am thinking one thing and Black is thinking the other. So lets prove him right!!! So I can start cooking my Crow Pie!!!!

Re: /rude Level 10

Originally posted by warpfeedmod
    I have my input at around 900-1000, I was chrono-ing it and was around 260-290, nothing consistent
    Isn't that to much input? I thought between 650 and 800psi was a good range?

I'll have to break it down to be sure but I want to say 1.5 carrier, no shims..I tried it with shims and was still "locking" up. By locking up I mean the gun still has pressure as when I pull teh trigger, the trigger rod still pushes back on the trigger, but it's almost like there's not enough to get the gun to cycle?

and terror, I've checked all those posts, I've even posted numerous other "issues" I've had with level 10, (all have been solved except this one).

I understand this is still a "beta" of the system, at least when I purchased it it was, so there's bound to be some tweaking, it's just that I seem to get it working, adn after a while something else goes wrong.

Also exactly how long is the "break in" period that I should have for the o-ring in the carrier? I've had it in there for about 1000 rounds or so, plus countless dry-fires just testing the thing out. I've made sure it's all oiled and well lubed. I'll have to check the other spring, but the next smaller carrier might be the trick. I guess as with anything it'll take time to get it working.

Thanks for the input, I'll check the next biggest carrier and see what happens..

I agree with Bajaboy,Friday I played and was having
    the same problems your describing.Before you do anything
    else,give the shortest spring a try.I was using the med.
    spring,once I went to the short spring the lv10 worked
    flawlessly.
    E-Mag #00511 (12in Dye Alum)
    Clear Warp
    68/3000 AGD Flatline
    12V Rev-
    Minimag
    9v Rev
    68/3000 pre-set