Thread: Paintball Oregon/ Automags Online Day

Paintball Oregon/ Automags Online Day

Well it is over for us here, today we had the AO day Oregon and we had a very good turnout.

Along with players from Paintball Oregon we had a total of 47 players join us today. Free BBQ and a big enough prize drawing that everyone walked away with something.

We had enough of mags to have a Mag vs. cockers game and I'm proud to say mags dominated the field 4 out of the 6 mag vs. cocker games.

I will have pics up on Monday for all to see.

I would like to thank our event sponsors:
    Warpaint Intl.
    National Paintball Supply
    and AGD for stickers (special thanks to Tom and John for getting the stickers to us so fast, as well as cphillip for his contribution to the effort)

Everyone that was there be sure and let everyone know how much fun we had!
    Administrator, Paintball COW
    Need Powdercoating? Email me
    Paintball Oregon is expanding!
    We are now part of the Paintball COW network. Serving California, Oregon, and Washington.
    State league (modified X-ball format) coming to Oregon, hosted by Paintball COW check us out for more details. www.paintballcow.com

Well a 900 mile round trip to the AO/paintball oregon day what can I say, IT WAS A BLAST!!
    It was good to meet all the fellow AO/Automag owners out there we had a good time whoopin it up on the air ball fields.
    A big THANK YOU to Junky, and Vincent for putting on the show and all the prizes!!
    It's late and I forgot alot of names so I'll just post some pics and try to remember
    I can't remember the guys name in the PMI shirt but he had an E-mag that just flat out ripped and everytime he shot at the other team I just felt sorry for them
    Last edited by magking1971; 09-08-2002 at 02:19 AM.

Tubby ninja rippin it up.

But he went down shooting!!

Junky giving out the prizes.

Ivy, the lucky winner of a V-force!

I can't remember there names

Mike is in the red shirt, the last time he played was 12 years ago, he did pretty good even if he didn't own a mag

Well, I just got home fro PO/AO Day at Warpaint. It was a blast. Well worth the few hour drive. I look forward to attending Supergame 24 down there.

For about half of the games we devided into Mags vs. Cockers. I admit, Cockers got the best of us in Attack and Defend on Hamburger Hill, but we toasted em on the air ball field.

Id like to thank Abe(Junky) and Vince from Warpaint for putting this on. They even tried setting up a sattelite dish in the back of a pickup so that we could watch the UofO vs. Fresno State game, but they couldn't get a signal, so we just cranked up the pickups stereo and listened to it.

I got to meet some cool people there. Junky, Magking, Tubby Ninja, and a few others. NOTE: Tubby Ninja should consider changing his AO name(those who were there know what I mean)

The raffle was cool...everyone got something...I won an issue of Facefull magazine and a Diablo sticker sheet(I was hoping for the Diablo Jersey, but hey, what can ya do?).

The weather was great for play. Sunny, but pretty cool. It started to shower after most people were finished, but a few of the younger guys who still had some paint just ignored it and used the rain to their advantage. They were slidding left and right across the field.

I hope Abe gets some of the pictures up pretty soon and then everybody can see the paint shower me and magking took while trying to defend the right flank against 9 opponents. Needless to say, I wasted my money on my splash kit, cuz I got one for free up there. (If the pictures get posted, you'll see what I mean.)

NOTE 2: When 1 stubborn/determined person bunkers another stubborn/determined person, something bad happens. Namely, neither is willing to stop firing

NOTE 3: In the 2nd to last pic, thats me stepping out from behing the far bunker(the pyramid)

You guys really need to post those pics of us coming off the hill covered in spray...that was classic!
    All in all, it was great and I enjoyed another great day of paintball with good food and great people.

Note 4: I really had to use the bathroom after I left. I wasn't about to use one of those 75 yr old outhouses!
    Last edited by xtreme paintball; 09-14-2002 at 11:28 PM.
    Good traders: CaPoEiRa, KamikazeChiKenz, bundy09, Tunaman, MajorDamage, hardr0ck68

First off I want to thank Abe (Junky) and Vince for a super job in organizing a great event. I can't wait till the next one. I was even lucky enough to have won the Diablo Jersey (Sorry Extreme Paintball).

It was great putting names to faces and seeing all the other Mags. It was also nice to see such interest from other players in the Level 10, it was a great pleasure to show it off (nice job Tom). It seems the rebirth of the Mag is upon us.

The weather was near perfect, not to hot, not to cold and just a touch of rain towards the end of the day. The field was well ran and everyone was in great spirits. Although I knew nobody when I first got there, I knew I would quickly make friends when during my first game I heard cheering applause from the sidelines "Kick there butt E-mag!!!" I knew that it had to be a fellow Mag owner, so I stepped it up a notch and let the paint fly. We won that game!!! Shortly there after I found out it was magking and his friends rooting me on. Thanks for cheers fellers, I tried to make you proud... All in all just a great day of Paintball. Oh ya, BTW I was the one in the PMI shirt.

Thanks again to all that were there, it was great meeting you...

Riotz Guest
    Cool guys, way to go!

It was fantastic!

Hey guys,

Just woke up. Man, I'm a little sore today...

Well, I'll tell ya, yesterday PO/AO day was excellent. It just proves what we all already knew. This board, as well as paintballoregon.com have the coolest, most knowledgeable members anywhere on the internet.

My friend and I got to the field right around 10AM. People were still rolling in, and Junky wasn't there yet, so everyone was just kinda doing their own thing. You know how it is, no one wants to go up and start introducing themselves or anything...So when Junky shows, he's got a grill, coolers of food and drinks, a huge TV, and a satellite dish all in the back of his truck. We knew then it was going to be a good day.

I have to admit, I was wondering how it was gonna go when the first group to take the field was a local tournament team, Team Fracture. They were out there and just ripping it up. Most people just stood there and watched, a little intimidated by the rate of fire, as well as the general bias that lots of us non-tourney type players have for sponsored tournament teams. But Junky came around and explained that he had brought them, they were sponsored by Warpaint, and they were really good guys. It turned out he could not have been more right. These guys were very, very cool. I don't think I heard one of them swear or scream. They had bunkering opportunities that they either didn't take, or made sure to shoot into someone’s pack or foot from a distance, and they were not shy about mentoring some of the 10 year olds that just happened to have walked on that day. They were excellent ambassadors for tourney paintball. And it was great to see the parents of the little guys go from unease to pleasure in seeing their children out there with a bunch of classy individuals like us.

Anyway, about 10:30, everyone started lining up at the entrance to the giant speedball field, and Vince, Warpaint's owner showed up and started directing games. I've met this guy before at big games that he's put on, and he's always been nothing but respectful and cool. He genuinely wants people to have fun, and he really understands customer service. He stuck around all day, and made sure things went well. Then the games began. Being a mostly rec-ball/woods player, I've discovered a new respect for speedball. Some of the highlights of my day were on the lower speedball field. I can tell you now from experience, that there is nothing quite so nerve-wracking in paintball as knowing that there are 3 good players left on the other team, and you are all alone behind a stand-up air bunker that's blowing in the wind. Then you hear all three open up on you from different directions. You know that someone’s coming to bunker your butt six ways to Sunday, and there’s nothing you can do about it except cover your package with one hand, snap shoot with the other, and cry for your mommy.

I had a great time meeting a bunch of AO members. I wish I would've had a chance to meet them all. I did get to meet MagKing1971, who drove 8 hours with a buddy to be there. He kept us laughing all day. Then he was there for me towards the end of the day when I was getting hammered on behind another bunker. He was cheering me on from the sideline, and making jokes that reminded me how much I love this game.

All in all, my buddy and I agreed that this was one of the greatest days of paintball we've ever had. It's all about whom you play with, and this group was excellent.

I would like to take the opportunity to thank Abe (Junky) and his brother for putting this together. They, along with Vince from Warpaint, and Airgun Designs (Yea, got some stickers!) all worked together to provide a fantastic day of paintball and camaraderie.

Hope to see everyone at the next one!

Blaster you are the man with that E-mag!!
    The last few games when you wasn't on our team we had to take you out as soon as we could, I know I didn't want to go toe to toe with you

ARGH! I missed it...

I've been dog-sitting at my parents on very short notice, and it just slipped my mind.

Chris

Okay I had to show up late and only showed up for the last 2 hours of it. I'll confirm what everyone else has said above. It was a relaxed day of paintball. No yelling. No "get off the field you #$@#$^%#$% @#$%#$# @#$%$#$%$# you are gone."

I only wish that I had made it earlier but it couldn't be helped. Since I got there late I stayed on until the bitter end with a bunch of young players. We had a good time and I want to thank Junky for not dropping hints that it was time for us to GO!!! (there were only like six of us left). Hey after an hour of driving I had to get some playing in right?????

Can't wait to attend your next event. Hopefully I'll be able to make it for the full day. Hopefully I'll see you guys at the Super Game......
    ULE Body Level 10 Automag intelliframe + retrovalve

A great day

Yes like they all said a good time was had by all. I'm the one who rode up with magking, and won the great mask. Thanks all.

Nice party guys!! Glad to hear everything worked out great!

AGD

Thanks Magking1971, I much preferred it with you on my side as well.

You'll have to let me know when a good event arises up there in your neck of the woods. It was great playing with you, dustem_9, and tippmann (was it Steve?). Boy he could sure make a mess outta that gun.

You'll love those goggles dustem_9. It was great playing with you guys.

Man, I think I've posted more on this thread then I have total in the last year...

Oh, I've got to agree with extreme paintball...Tubby Ninja???? Got to love it!!!

My buddy Dan that came with me was insulted that we have not provided a picture of him yet. So I took these of him this afternoon. Anyone want to claim responsiblity?

Hey Blaster,
    It doesn't bother me too much that you got the jersey(as long as that guy from Fracture didn't get to keep it...lol). And BTW, you definately got a sweet warped, Level X Emag.(I got to stick my finger in it and find out how great the Level X really is)

Yeah, let me tell you, it was NOT fun defending the right flank against the ENTIRE Fracture team(magking was with me, and dusten was behind us, they know what I'm talking about...the pictures I requesteed will show everyone else).

Hey magking, has Mike decided to reenter the sport after his 12 year absence?

Also, I found out just how important a good Power tube o-ring is(once again, dustem knows what I'm talking about).

And just FYI, I'm Trevor, the guy with the blue splash Eclipse mag, the blue Revvy with a ton of stickers on it, and wearing the black and blue PMI jersey.
    Last edited by xtreme paintball; 09-14-2002 at 11:30 PM.

Argghhh... Can we do something like this again soon? I'm kicking myself for not being able to come out.

Hey Black,

What happened to you? I heard more than one person ask about where you were. Oh well, it was hella fun, hopefully you can be there next time.

Hey Tubby Ninja.....lets see your buddy is Dan and you shoot an Emag. Does your buddy work up at OHSU? If so then I'm the guy you played with a long time ago at the farm. You shot a spyder that day because you didn't want to be "that jerk that showed up with the Emag and shot us all up".

If you are who I think you are then we talked at the PO/AO day. I just didn't know you were the FAMOUS Tubby Ninja. Also if you are who I think you are how the heck can a Tubby Ninja run Hood to Coast. Answer....he is no Tubby Ninja (I'll give him the Ninja part ).

Hey Aaron!

I am that guy! It's funny, I was just telling Dan yesterday that I read something from "Aaron_Mag" on here, and it seemed like it might be you. Glad to find out it is.

Yeah, that was fun at the farm that day. Dan and I are always looking for someplace to play, and nice people to play with. So when we get a chance to, we try to be as cool as possible with the people so we don't mess up the chance to play again.

Anyway, nice to see you out there on Saturday. Too bad you couldn't get there earlier. Hopefully we'll be able to play with you again soon.

The Tubby_Ninja thing is funny. We both bought these black BDU's and some cheap black shirts from Paintball Online at the same time a couple years ago. It was the middle of winter, so we both had about 5 shirts on underneath, and Dan had bought this black hat that went over his whole face. So, we looked like a couple of really dorky, fat ninjas. And the legend was born. We had Shartley make up a logo for us, and now we have t-shirts, coffee mugs, mouse pads, and all kinds of cool stuff.

So, if any of you guys out there want to be an honorary member of Team Tubby Ninja (and who wouldn't ), go ahead and purchase your official Tubby Ninja gear at:

www.cafepress.com/tubbyninja

P.S. I may have run Hood to Coast, and I'm running the Portland Marathon in a month, but I was still huffing and puffing with MagKing on the way up Hamburger Hill.

Take care!

Now that I know the truth I'll let the rest of you know. Tubby knowingly, willingly, and happily consorts with a autococker lover (his buddy Dan)

You guys were great to have at the farm and you are welcome to come back any time we play. I have to warn you, however, that those are my coworkers, friends from grade school, and family members. We were on good behavior the day you came out. There are other days when I'm listening to our arguing and it is just like back when we were in grade school. We may have been to college and are now middle aged but unfortunately we haven't matured that much. There I have given you fair warning....

see my splatter-fest!

It's hard to tell, but I really am covered from head to toe in several colors of spray. (look closely at my mask, barrel and hip)

Magking...for some reason, the PO site doesn't have your splatter picture...hmm
    Last edited by xtreme paintball; 09-14-2002 at 11:32 PM.

Sorry guys I didn't get the email saying there was responses here.
    I'm glad to hear everyone had fun!
    Paintball Oregon is going to be expanding into Washington to become a NW paintball site so we may be able to run one the next time in Washington.
    I do have the pic of Magking I was just having problems with the camera I will put it up for you guys.

Also I just got back from Pan Am Seattle so if any of you were there stop by the site on Tuesday and I'll have the pictures up for that.

If you guys want to do another AO day we need to decide on a date and I'll be more then happy to do it again, and I can get us some more sponsors.

Feel free to email me anytime (but please note Paintball Oregon takes a lot of my time so it may be a while before I can respond but I do read all my emails) Abe@paintballoregon.com

I was hoping that someone(junky)would post some more pics here

here's the site where Junky's posted all of the pics he's got up so far: PICS

Thanks for the heads up xtreme