Originally posted by sotallytober
    I am looking into buying an automag but i had questions
    Do they work good on CO2 or should i get nitro
    what does the retro valve do
    any common small probs with them
    do they chop balls frequently
    and so on
    any advice will be extremely helpful
    1.they work on Co2 but really like it when you use HPA(like a sports car, filler up with premium!)
    2.It's the fastest recharging valve on the market, NOTHING can or will out shoot it. It is basicly makes the trigger ready to be pulled again before you are.
    3.You would really benefit from HPA and a loader that can keep up with your ROF, other than that, nothing major.
    4.Not if loaded properly, however, there is a new mod out called the level 10, when set-up properly, it pretty much eliminates chopping even if you hold the ball half-way in the breech.
    There isnt too many upgrades for the automag simply because it doesnt need to many, so you wont pay too much more in the long run incase you want to deck it out. Don't get me wrong though guns like cockers are great outta the box(00' and up) but most ppl end up putting hundreds and hundreds of dollars into them in the long run, decking them out...

The Automag is a good gun for any type of play, low in maintenance and lasts a long time(maybe TOO long ). Plus if anything goes wrong AGD has great customer service and you have a lot of ppl that can help you out with almost any problems right here on AO.

*EDIT* I Almost forgot....Welcome to AO!!!

I dunno, there are quite a lot of nice upgrades you can get - level 10, retro valve, intelliframe, warp feed - unlike tippmanns, spyders and the rest, the automag upgrades are actually useful though
    Superbolt

if your worried about cost involved in the long run for upgrades n such, buy used!! mags are indestructable

i just noticed you were in so. cal. i know theres a lot of AO'rs there, maybe you could go play with them and test shoot one of their mags. You'll definately fall in love with it.