Thread: 3-Man Tournament + Emag Probs +WF Probs + HALO Probs

3-Man Tournament + Emag Probs +WF Probs + HALO Probs

Note: For Warp Feed and HALO technical comment, skip to technical section later.

My girlfriend plays in the Polar Bear 3-man circuit and had a tournament yesterday, so to avoid being automatically recruited into pod-filler position for her, I elected to enter a team in the advanced division. I invited a guy I regularly play with at Stalker, who is MUCH better than I am, plus a player from Iowa State to take in the other two spots. Not to be a "I rule and you don't" type person, but I think the team would have had a very good shot at at least making finals.

Would have. Except to-remain-unnamed player from Stalker vanished on Thursday and never mande the event, causing somewhat short-on-cash player who drove up from Iowa to choose going back fo rthe Iowa-Iowa State game (apparently something that big only happens once a year when you live in a state called "Iowa" ). So I'm there, I'm committed to the entry fee, dang-it , I wanna shoot some people. Or at least not be pod-filler. Even though it's been raining all night, is still raining a bit, and it's obviously going to be a mudbath.

So at the captain's meeting, I ask for extra players, and a team kindly volunteers me two of their younger brothers who have never played a tournament before, one with some decent rec experience and the other with 4 games total under his belt. I'm just desperate for teammates at this point, so if they can pay for their paint, I'm happy. (Finally getting the $225 owed me by the player heading back to Iowa may also have had something to do with this decision.) I'm out to have fun, so I don't really care, besides, I figure with the right direction they'll at least make good decoys and by sheer ego alone I'll triumph over the other teams, right? Wrong.

Ok, so they grab/borrow/beg/steal equipment. One plays with an A-%, the other.. I don't remember. Entry level/mid-range gun, although on CO2.

First game: Max'd, as the other team failed to show up. Not a bad way to start the day.

Second game:

Warp feed promptly jams. I'm running it off of 10.6 volts, but it won't budge. Take off hopper, force balls through so it's spinning again, jams. Suffice it to say, I'm both not shooting and trying to get the bloody warp to work, not even being much help to my poor decoys. They get shot out, I rather quickly get bunkerred, not being able to shoot and all.

After game 2, I run a whole hopper through the warp, so I figure the paint has just been in the moisture too long.

Game three:

Wrong. Repeat game two.

Game four: Ok, screw the warp feed. I dig up an elbow and pop the oring off the warp feed on the E-Mag (the one that wraps around the joint between the WF tube and the gun body - taking it off gives you a precious 2-3 more mm to attach the elbow onto) and decide to play with the HALO on an elbow - despite the fact that the last time I did this, the elbow never quite managed to hold onto the shortenned PF tube and would always fly off whenever I did anything mildly stressful - like slide into a bunker. So game 3 starts, I get a few shots off, and then - HALO jams. Not the kinda jam where the feed cone in the HALO gets stuckon a ball, the kind of jam where balls arn't coming out, thus the HALO is not detecting movement, thus the HALO is not spinning. Why? Because of hte HALO's narrow feed neck, paint is getting stuck above the "eyes" and the spring tension on the feed cone isn't enough to push the balls through. I've had variations of this before, with the old HALO's breaking paint and the extra paint gunk around the ball being enough to get it stuck in the feed neck so the balls just wouldn't drop.

Again, spend time trying to make gun shoot, teammates get shot out, I get bunkerred. Teammates do manage to take one with them.

Game five:

Highlight of he day. We play the team I borrowed my two teammates from. They're pretty convinced that we're easy points, and they ahve no reason not to be.. I think my gun is working. Get to the starting box, 10 second countdown, I take two test shots. First one shoots, second, blank. HALO jammed again. My guys are like "You can't shoot? What are we going to do?" I reply "I'm going to talk you through it and look important." Game starts, they go to their starting bunkers, I look important. I slide in behind our right guy in his laydown sausage. I tell our left guy to move 2 seconds after I do, I get the guy sharing my bunker to shoot over my head and drop the other team, and move into a horseshoe just on our side of the 50 - a kill spot, if your gun will shoot. Our left guy, as instructed, hits a dorito just left of center on the 50 - which I don't think the other team sees right away. (One nice thing about newbs is they'll do exactly what you tell them.) So their team is kinda focussed on me now, I'm pulling off my halo and hand-feeding balls into the elbow, figuring I'll just pop up ove the horseshoe and drop 4 shots and hopefully get someone.

So I pop up over the horseshoe - and see two of the other team walking to the deadbox, plus some "smoke" rising from behing a mushroom/teacup bunker on their 30 on the other side of the field. I get up to go bunker that guy, only to have HIM get shot out just as I leave my bunker.

So my two decoys just hosed their older brothers' team without me firing a single shot. Needless to say, they are quite elated and the other team is half really happy that their brothers did so well and half really pissed that their brothers did so well. (I find out later that my guys wern't allowed to play because they "wern't good enough", that rule has since been changed, heh.)

Game 5.5:

The HALO on my girlfriend's gun goes down as she's chronoing - another ball jammed in the neck above the eyes, plus a ball chopped in the gun as a result of the misfeed that resulted from the lack of positive pressure from the jammed HALO (also a belt B). Having nothing better to do, I give her my emag/HALO combo. It's stopped raining by this point, although everything is still muddy as all hell, and the emag performs flawlessly in her hands and gets its first elimination (and string of shots over 5) for the day.

Game 6:

Gun works, I do not. My teammate is shooting over my bunker, I get up to make a move and stick my head right in his line of fire. Ow. The stupid ones always hurt more. I'm surprised to find we've picked up 20 points for an elimination on the scoresheet when I go to sign it - certainly wasn't my doing. (Pretty sure they didn't count my teammate's elimination of me on our score )

Game 7:

Gun still working, but oneo f my decoys gets it on the run and I lose it running up the right tape when I think the other team is behind their bunkers or looking the other way. I was right about 2 out of 3 of their players, but the last one hoses me good. The remaining teammate managed to doff an opponent before going down.

End of day result: Of the 6 elminations scored by my team during the day, all 6 were scored by my "decoys". 3 on the team I borrowed them from. Ouch for me, ouch for the older brothers.

The girlfriend does, however, manage to make it to semis, meaning I get to be pod***** on Sunday (today).

End of the day saturday, I'm dicking around at the chrono station, and notice that my E-Mag, in E/hybrid mode, will fire 1-5 "shots" per trigger pull. Kinda like the sear isn't catching. I say "shots" because it's really 1 shot followed by what would be 1-4 chops. I'm thinking it may be time to replace the main spring, but I havn't looked into it yet. Anyone seenthis before and knows why, LMK.

This morning, I'm cleaning HALO's. I drop the pin that holds the lid in between the car seat and the center arm rest, which might as well have been a bottomless pit for my ability to find it after that. Finish cleaning out the feed neck from the busted paint (this is the GF's HALO), put it back together, and the thing will not work. This is a converted HALO, and I had the same problem wiht it before the conversion, but the HALO is now dead - despite disassembly, checking all the connections, etc.

HALO two fares better, gets disassembled, cleaned, and functions fine for the three games of semifinals (she didn't make it to finals). Note: Same paint, same bags of paint, but not raining or humid at all. Only change from day 1 to day 2.

TECHNICAL COMMENT HERE

So, with this, I have a few observations:

1) Level 10. Don't need it when everything works, but DEFINITELY need it when everything does not. Every HALO and Warp Feed breakdown but one was accompanied by a ball chop. Yech.

2) The narrow feed neck on the HALO is a design FLAW, not a feature. Yes, the thing feeds like a mo-fo - except when a ball, because it's swollen, has broken paint on it, or a grit of sand, gets a LITTLE bigger than it's supposed to and jams up the whole thing. I'd rather have a slow-feeding hopper that works ALL the time than a quickly feeding one that doesn't. Better average doesn't work here - 20 bps sometimes plus 0 bps the rest of the time is much much worse than 13bps all the time.

3) The Warp Feed also suffers a design flaw - or at least is ripe for a design improvement. I've attached a diagram below, but the rough summary is that because the plastic disks are mounted so that they're parallel and slightly closer together than a paintball, when the disks squeeze the ball they bend outward farther than 90 degrees. This creates a force which pushes the ball to the OUTSIDE of the warp feed - get balls that are big enough, the balls get pushed into the housing, creating enough friction that the belt drive slips and the warp doesn't feed. The bigger the ball, the more the disks get spread apart, and the greater the force pushing the ball out. I'm thinking I may be able to solve this with a tighter belt, but I may also just mash my paint as well. There's certainly no need for the tighter belt if the balls arn't being pushed into the housing. To solve this, the plasic discs should really be sections of a shallow cone, mounted so that the distance between the disks measured from the inner edge is larger than the ball, and they "angle in" so the distance between them at the outer edge is smaller - see diagram. Note that you'd want to "bevel" (see diagram part 4) the outside edges of the disks so that the opening of the disks was still wider than a paintball - this lets the disks grab the ball, then as they pull the ball into the feed, the ball slides past the "corners" and then gets pushed towards the center of the feed wheel instead of out to the housing. Since the feed wheel spins with the disks, no friction problems.

I think that would solve a LOT of the feed reliability issues Warp users complain about.

End result: On wet days, I'm going richochet on my centerfeed cocker, assuming the woman isn't using it. Or maybe I'll just pick up a centerfeed emag body and switch, or sell the emag and invest in one of the SFL's or whatever it is that has the exchangable feed ports. That is, after I get the richochet fixed, as it appears the little sensor that detects when a ball has gone by is busted. Gah.

Well, that's my comments for today. Hopefully they won't start too many flame wars.

- Chris
    Last edited by Army; 09-16-2002 at 09:17 PM.
    National Collegiate Paintball Association, Inc., President
    www.college-paintball.com - "A Club for Every Campus"
    www.high-school-paintball.com - "We Create Newbies"

American Paintball Players Association, Director
    www.paintball-players.org

And here's the diagram:
    Last edited by raehl; 09-15-2002 at 07:42 PM.

that sucks man... but good job fighting the odds and not givin up thats what its all about.
    "You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." -John Morley

damn sux for you dude!

But you did teach thoses mates of your, you didn't give up, which most people I know would have. And you won a few games!!!
    The MOOSE is LOOSE!

Good Traders: RogueFactor, Personman,Bazaro,hawpunch, Devil,bofh,Walker,Boble86,Ryknow,MajorDamage

BAD TRADER::: TheEmagGuy

My Feedback

AO-GA

Good job of making due with what u have, props to you for that. The warp disk idea of urs is pretty smart, props to you again. If I were you, I would settle for the feed rate of the revvy or ricochet, because 13bps is still pretty fast.
    Why go to the light, when darkness has its warmth too....
    Brak "I poop in the sink."
    EPIC - Warp - 68/45 Armageddon
    Black 2k LCD
    Green 99 Dark Angel

One thing the halo has...

Is it'll feed sideways - very handy when shooting left with your warp.

- Chris
    Last edited by raehl; 09-15-2002 at 07:42 PM.

ok, where to start.....

First off, I hope you had fresh batteries in the HALO and didnt forget that the HALO has a ball detent that won't let balls down the feed tube to easy. There is no flaw(IMO), the only flaw is the amount of time you would of had to let the paint sit out for it to swell enough to not fit the right sized feedneck.

Secondly, the warp also has no flaws(IMO), the only ppl who complain and have issues with them simply don't know how to handle to situation, that's not a flaw, it's misinformation. Your idea about curved friction disks is bad (IMO) The Urethane (not plastic) friction disks are spaced for most bore paint, funny how I never have trouble with mine. IF you need you make room for a big bore paint that doesnt fit, you simply add a friction disk spacer which can be done in less than 5mins. I also hope you lube'd the friction disks, and have fresh batteries in the warp. If over time you see that the friction disks are losing tension applied to the balls because of wear(warping outward), you simply take the disks and flip them, that's why thier straight. Again, not a design flaw, only lack of knowing your gear.

Originally posted by Havoc_online
    ok, where to start.....
    Start byknowing what you're talking about before you adopt a talking-to-child type attitude with me.

First off, I hope you had fresh batteries in the HALO
    8 freshly charged 1.2 volt high drain batteries, meant for digital cameras and other high-drain devices. Incidentally, on a fresh chanrge, those output 10.6 volts, not the 9.6 volts you'd expect.

and didnt forget that the HALO has a ball detent that won't let balls down the feed tube to easy.
    Did you read the post? I said HALO-B. Do you know anything about HALO-Bs? They don't have ball detents.

There is no flaw(IMO), the only flaw is the amount of time you would of had to let the paint sit out for it to swell enough to not fit the right sized feedneck.
    How about walking from staging tent after filling hopper from fresh bag of paint, chronoing, and walking on field?

Secondly, the warp also has no flaws(IMO), the only ppl who complain and have issues with them simply don't know how to handle to situation, that's not a flaw, it's misinformation.
    Ok Mr. I-know-how-to-handle-my-warp, how exactly would you handle this situation? Your warp won't spin, not even after you remove the output hose, take off the hopper, and have nothing in it but the paint between the disks, and are inputting 10.6 volts. Even when you push down on the input with your finder, you have to put anice almost-breaking-it dimple in the top ball to get it to spin WITH the motor running.

Your idea about curved friction disks is bad (IMO) The Urethane (not plastic) friction disks are spaced for most bore paint, funny how I never have trouble with mine.
    Have you ever played in 100% humidity with large bore paint? Where you can see the paint pressing against the warp housing?

If you need you make room for a big bore paint that doesnt fit, you simply add a friction disk spacer which can be done in less than 5mins. I also hope you lube'd the friction disks, and have fresh batteries in the warp.
    Lube it? Great, now instead of having disks that don't spin, I have disks that spin past the balls.

If over time you see that the friction disks are losing tension applied to the balls because of wear(warping outward), you simply take the disks and flip them, that's why thier straight. Again, not a design flaw, only lack of knowing your gear.
    I'll cop to not having friction disk spacers, or never having heard of them until now - maybe that would have done the trick. But the rest of that post... sheesh. Don't translate knowing about friction disk spacers into a holier-than-thou attitude, ok?

- Chris

FYI- 100% humidity is rain. Just FYI.

Originally posted by raehl
    Have you ever played in 100% humidity with large bore paint? Where you can see the paint pressing against the warp housing?

Start byknowing what you're talking about before you adopt a talking-to-child type attitude with me.
    I did no such thing, I stated my opinion (see IMO), you on the other hand seem to think you bless the board with your presence.
    8 freshly charged 1.2 volt high drain batteries, meant for digital cameras and other high-drain devices. Incidentally, on a fresh chanrge, those output 10.6 volts, not the 9.6 volts you'd expect.
    rechargable batteries lose power and charge quicker over time, I'm sure you'll say they are fairly new but who knows. I don't chance it with rechargables' I use fresh namebrand batteries everytime.
    Did you read the post? I said HALO-B. Do you know anything about HALO-Bs? They don't have ball detents.
    I had a HALO A for a long time, got used to it, just got my B in, your right but again, your talking high and mighty.
    How about walking from staging tent after filling hopper from fresh bag of paint, chronoing, and walking on field?
    Curious to know what type of paint swells up that fast, did you at least have a choice of a higher grade paint? let's say it took 10-20mins, I don't even think dipping a paintball in water and leaving out for that long would make it swell to the point of it not feeding, may of been old paint, then again, I'm sure anything that would swell enough not to feed would still be perfectly hard enough to withstand a 3oz. S.S. bolt moving around 20FPS(with around 60psi added pressure) AND still make it through your wide bore barrel with no barrel breaks.
    Your warp won't spin, not even after you remove the output hose, take off the hopper, and have nothing in it but the paint between the disks, and are inputting 10.6 volts. Even when you push down on the input with your finder, you have to put anice almost-breaking-it dimple in the top ball to get it to spin WITH the motor running.
    Big deal, I run a 12warp and have gotten jams when I forgot to lube the disks.
    Have you ever played in 100% humidity with large bore paint?
    Yeap, I've also used the warp and HALO in the rain with NO problems, with fresh paint AND old paint(when I say old paint, I'm talking a bag I found under the seats in my truck that have been there for weeks in good ol' TX heat.)
    Where you can see the paint pressing against the warp housing?
    I don't run paint the size of lemons through my warp, but that's just common sense with me.
    Lube it? Great, now instead of having disks that don't spin, I have disks that spin past the balls.
    EXACTLY....
    I'll cop to not having friction disk spacers, or never having heard of them until now - maybe that would have done the trick.
    Yeap, that's why this is a learning experince(yes, for me too)
    Don't translate knowing about friction disk spacers into a holier-than-thou attitude, ok?
    ok, don't translate being NCPA President into a holier-than-thou attitude, ok?

*edit*
    my E-Mag, in E/hybrid mode, will fire 1-5 "shots" per trigger pull. Kinda like the sear isn't catching. I say "shots" because it's really 1 shot followed by what would be 1-4 chops. I'm thinking it may be time to replace the main spring, but I havn't looked into it yet. Anyone seenthis before and knows why, LMK.
    yes, the sear is catching, no you don't need to replace anything and no it's not 1 shot and 4 chops(if you load it right)..That's just how hybrid works, it has it's sweet spots. hope this helps.
    Last edited by Havoc_online; 09-15-2002 at 09:10 PM.

I feel a little heat, is it just me?
    "There are some who call me....Tim?..."-Monty Python

Originally posted by Dayspring
    FYI- 100% humidity is rain. Just FYI.

FYI. It was raining. Just FYI.

- Chris

Originally posted by Havoc_online
    I did no such thing, I stated my opinion (see IMO), you on the other hand seem to think you bless the board with your presence.

That's because the board is blessed by my presence.

rechargable batteries lose power and charge quicker over time, I'm sure you'll say they are fairly new but who knows.

2nd use, actually.

I don't chance it with rechargables' I use fresh namebrand batteries everytime. I had a HALO A for a long time, got used to it, just got my B in, your right but again, your talking high and mighty. Curious to know what type of paint swells up that fast, did you at least have a choice of a higher grade paint?

PMI Premium, Advantage shell. It's ambient atmospheric himidity. I don't think the bags are airtight. I've also had the same swell/jam problem in the HALO with Inferno that was fresh, although admittedly in the ambient atmosphere longer.

let's say it took 10-20mins, I don't even think dipping a paintball in water and leaving out for that long would make it swell to the point of it not feeding,

Actually, I bet it would.

may of been old paint, then again, I'm sure anything that would swell enough not to feed would still be perfectly hard enough to withstand a 3oz. S.S. bolt moving around 20FPS(with around 60psi added pressure) AND still make it through your wide bore barrel with no barrel breaks.

What's hard got to do with it? A swollen elastic shell probably stands just as much chance as a hard brittle one.

Big deal, I run a 12warp and have gotten jams when I forgot to lube the disks. Yeap, I've also used the warp and HALO in the rain with NO problems, with fresh paint AND old paint(when I say old paint, I'm talking a bag I found under the seats in my truck that have been there for weeks in good ol' TX heat.) I don't run paint the size of lemons through my warp, but that's just common sense with me. EXACTLY.... Yeap, that's why this is a learning experince(yes, for me too) ok, don't translate being NCPA President into a holier-than-thou attitude, ok?

Oh, that has nothing to do with being President, I'm just an egomaniac like that - was long before and will be long after.

*edit*
    yes, the sear is catching, no you don't need to replace anything and no it's not 1 shot and 4 chops(if you load it right)..That's just how hybrid works, it has it's sweet spots. hope this helps.
    I dunno how I feel about that... those bursts are easily 20bps, I can't say I like the idea of a "semi only" marker being able to do 2-5 shot bursts with one pull.

- Chris

Chris,
    I really think you owe Havoc an appology. He was trying to help you and if he does not know you he has no idea of your technical experiance or skill. Havoc works very closely with AGD and is well versed in their product line. He had a good use of smilies in the post and was giving his opinion. That is what you invite when you post here.
    You were even braced for flames, but Havoc's post was not. it was trying to help.

*edit* just read chris's post he wrote while I was typing mine. Addmited egomaniac? Check....got it.
    Last edited by Doobie; 09-15-2002 at 09:30 PM.

The gun is 1/8" of a game that is a FOOT long!
    (...but a 'mag helps)
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine. -Eddie Vedder
    Sinister Sainthood

WhoDaresPlay Guest
    I vote you two just throw down with vintage pugal sticks and have at.

FYI... 37.21% of this thread is quotes of quotes.

"IMO"

Heh...

I think Havoc and I are on the same tongue-in-cheek egomaniac page here.

- Chris

Sorry but I seriously doubt that.

I always feel I don't know enough and must learn more. I only commented on what I thought to be solvable problems as far as I would handle the situation and you flamed me, the paint swelling as much as you said I also think MAY be a slight exageration.

Re: 3-Man Tournament + Emag Probs +WF Probs + HALO Probs

Wahhh! Cry me a river.

Originally posted by raehl

Well, that's my comments for today. Hopefully they won't start too many flame wars.
    Sounds to me like you're looking for a fight.

Here's an idea: Don't play in the rain and don't use crappy paint like RP Advantage in a Warp Feed. In all your egomaniacal brilliance you should at least know that RP Advantage and Warp Feeds don't mix well. That coupled with swollen paint is going to give you bad results. Deal with it.

The HALO and Warp Feed are high performance devices that work well, but are picky. The HALO feed neck is not too small. Any larger and you start "snaking" the ball stack and causing feed issues.

It's pretty simple. You have to change your setup when you play in the rain. Putting a shroud over the end of your barrel, putting tape over the port in the PF hole, putting the hopper back on top, etc.

Grow up. You cry about all of your problems like they're huge engineering defects and you're playing in the worst conditions possible. You've figured out your problem and know how to fix it, so fix it. Don't come here looking for a flame/fight and then flame a member of this forum with your egotistic acerbity.

Geeez....

The post wasn't about the equipment sucking. The post was about the equipment sucking in the rain, and like it or not, sometimes you have to play in the rain, and sometimes you have to play with the paint they give you at the tournament. If products don't work in all paintball playing condutions, then they are by definition flawed - or as you call it, "picky". I love the warp and halo, but as I pointed out, NOT when it gets humid when they don't function at all! The whole reason I have an E-Mag is that it ALWAYS works, and I'd like the same out of my other equipment. If I get on the field and I can't get a ball out of my barrel when I pull the trigger but everyone else on the field can, that's an equipment issue.

As for swelling, I'm not saying the paint swelled a lot - in fact, my whole point is that the paint only swelled a little, but that was still enough to jam the HALO, just like a little bit of goop on the paint is. Get a broken ball in your hopper for whatever reason and it's quite possible that the paint just won't drop due to the narrow feed neck, which near as I can tell, doesn't provide any benefits. (At least not on the B - on the A, I can see the anti-boggle use).

As for my tone, Havoc made a judgement based on information that wasn't accurate, and I'll cop to reacting to that, and Havoc gets my respect for his measured response. But lets not go tossing the entire blame for a heated debate on me here, heh. I don't think anyone here is being terribly serious.

As for starting flame wars, I made that comment because I *KNOW* AO has a good chunk of product worshippers who will defend any AO community product (automags, warp feeds, HALOs) religiously without there being any chance they'll take the time to analize the data, and I was pretty sure they'd come out of the woodwork for that post even though I really wanted the opinions of everyone else.

- Chris

Here's an idea: Don't play in the rain
    I suppose we shouldnt play in conditions that at tournament is running in? Sometimes we dont have a choice, sounds like a recballer attitude. You pre-pay entry, and they decide to hold it in a deluge, you get out there and shoot. I agree with your findings on pouring rain and the B. I was shooting ultra-evil in my last tourney and had something similar happen, mine happened to be paint sticking together though and exploding in the catch cup of the B. At least with a revvy it would have chopped it down in the feedtube/barrel area and I could squeegie it fairly easy. I do not agree that a revvy is more valuable because it feeds in all conditions. You dont drive a diesel tractor to work instead of a gas engine car do you? Keep one of each and use them as the conditions dictate. The B will get the majority of usage but there are times you will need something simple like a rev or ric.

Edit: One other thing, did you try to manually spin the drive cone to push the ball down past the curve? That works in cases where its just something on the ball like dirt (btw, why are you feeding paint with dirt or "goop" on it? That could be part of the prob) Premium I have never seen have this problem, especially advantage shell, but I only shoot fresh stuff. Is it possible this was a warehouse clearing tourney and you were shooting crap paint that was already in bad shape?
    Last edited by gatorchris; 09-16-2002 at 09:42 AM.

Nope...

This was fresh PMI Premium, no doubt about it - no one else had any problems with the paint that I heard of, which is actually pretty impressive given the weather.

I did try and force the paint through with the drive cone - which got me one smashed ball at the top of the feed neck, which then got goop on the rest of the paint. It definitely took ball-breaking force to do this, so I shouldn't be surprised, but since it wasn't woking already, it's not like I cared too much, heh. And the goop was more of a problem with the A version of the halo, which would break paint in the hopper. The B doesn't seem to do that. But back to the original point, why have anarrow feed neck that exacerbates these problems? Why not do away with it? I still think it's a design flaw as opposed to a feature.

- Chris

Only thing I can say is if the neck was larger it would cause more problems with small paint "snaking" in the tube. Since its a high end loader its designed with high end paint in mind, the small thin stuff like hellfire, evil, etc. Making it more favorable to all conditions will nerf some of its power. Would dropping the feed speed to 16-18 justify the price over an x board revvy? Obviously it wouldnt. It has to stay high performing to justify high price, you just have to suck it up and use the high end paint or deal with the consequences. Since car analogies are so easy, you wouldnt put 87 octane from Bob's gas into a porsche and not expect there to be problems in the engine.

Well I did get reports of our Two Halo B's jamming this weekend that were a bit overfilled at first. May have also been the weather situation contributing too this. It rained all day here too. When they were unpacked a bit and loosly filled they then seemed to work fine the rest of the time. This was 32 degree team colors.

Not a good weekend here in the east for Paintball. Yes I am a bonified Rec player only and for that reason. I can just not play. Too Cold, Hot or rainy? I watch Football!

AGD, where we are so good we can do it with only ONE tube!

cphilip.com

I and a teammate also had problems with HALO-Bs jamming a couple weeks ago. It was humid in SoCal from the hurricane leftovers and 105 degrees. We were both using medium sized paint. Yesterday we switched to small bore (Hellfire and Evil) and had only 1 problem (100 degrees and still humid) - I had to shake it to get it to feed, after that it was OK.

Since small bore paint isn't always an option, I at least still have my Revo for those days...
    Tom

Its surprising to read that. Ive shot semi-old big ball through it with no probs, only seen one jam, and I did the finger spin on the catch cup and was able to make it work. Dunno if you guys have dissasembled yet, but the feed tube is really quite simple to take apart (one screw holds the upper half on), and would be very easy to hand sand down some. I may actually caliper it to see how much material is there and how much could be removed. Since the feed tube is supported by the body when assembled Id imagine you could probably take off .05 off each half, which should be more than enough to handle seriously large paint.

Raehl,

Sell your warp and buy a new one, we have changed the mold and already have bumpers built in to keep the balls from jamming. Lets try and keep things calm here....

AGD

Originally posted by AGD
    Raehl,

Sell your warp and buy a new one, we have changed the mold and already have bumpers built in to keep the balls from jamming. Lets try and keep things calm here....

AGD
    LoL who will want to buy an old warp when there is a new one? But hey you need to make a buck just like everyone else. =)

-Tron

Calm? Where's the fun in calm? ;)

Well, since I was already planning on scoring a level 10 - maybe I should grab a new warp feed while I'm at it. How is it that after I swore last year when I got the E-Mag I wasn't spending any more moeny on equipment I've managed to spend about $800 since? Hrm. Shiznitz.

And I was thinking about sanding down the feed neck too - and maybe just taking a hacksaw to the bottom half and just using the shells for the neck since I'd be running it into the warp. If Havoc is right about the whaever ya callsms that spread the warp disks out, that should solve the problems, right? And make my marker even MORE jerry-rigged than before! I figure if I've got the halo on the warp, it doesn't really matter how wide the feed neck is since the warp should pick up the slack.

- Chris