Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: ALL about the WARP-FEED

Hmmmm dont want it running all the time sides the way my warp was set up was that the bats were in series. And yes because of added voltage and the same amount of resistance by ohm's law there will be more amperage.

well, in series doesnt it up the amperes, keep volatage teh same? wait, tell me what you call this setup. i have the red wire coming off my warp board, to an on/ off switch. then i have two red wires coming off of the on/off, and each of the 2 wires goes to their batter snap. from there, 1 black wire comes out of batter snap one, and one black wire comes out of battery snap two, and they both go into the black connection spot on the warp.

thats like parallel right?

You guys better make sure you know what your doing because if you do it wrong you will get 18 volts and blow up the board.

I ran mine in Parallel.
    All your farm animals are belong to us.

well, i had havoc do it for me, so no worries there! but yeah, all he does for big cell is run the negative lead from the board, and splice it off to 2 wires, and each wire goes into its battery snap/. then, teh posotive lead from each snap goes out, splices into one posotive wire, and then goies into the positive lead on teh board

incase you were wondering

Originally posted by JT2002
    anybody accidentally snap the battery snaps off the board? my soldering sucks
    here is what my warp looked like after taking it apart..

story behind this.. the NEG wire from the board came off.. so I had to solder it back on..

but wait.. theres more

after throwing a battery on there to make sure it worked, i pull the battery off to put it back together.. another wire snaps off.. from the battery connector..

more soldering..

uno mas..

OK JT2002, tried to draw out the shematic and from your description I have no idea how you have yours set up. Been troubleshooting electrical systems for 5 years now in the military on F-15's so I do know how to do it. Just can't figure out exactly how you description looks on paper. and yes running two batteries in series would increase voltage (obviously) and amperage because of the constant resistance. Running your batteries in parrallel (since I havent drawn out the shematic yet and seen it) I can't remember the Law for that. So I have to pul my old class notes out of the closet. So untill next time. Still runnin it in only 9 VDC untill my Xmag gets here.

Okay I drew a schematic of how I moded mine. If you guys would comment that would be appreciated.

I havent added 2 batteries since this will work with one or two. Theres really no need for two batteries unless you think you need them.

Do this at your own risk.

I used solder and heat srink tubing.

WARPFEED, IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER!

AGD X-Mag #XT00187
    AGD Tac-One
    WGP 2003
    Marker Pics

cgi got it, thats what i was getting at, except that before the neg wire got to the batts from the board, it made a quick stop at an on/ off switch, whcih is probably the best thing u could put into a warp

Sorry Willy and joe for the slight hijacking of the warp gurus, but i had a quick question on external vib. sensors. I was reading the warp manuel for the umpteenth time and noticed that i could have an external vib. sensor. Where about are these to purchase and how to I hook it up? It said something about a phone jack.

Well Gib I know that Pro Team products sells the external sensors with their warp so I guess you can ask them about it. JT ok I understand the shematic now and the batteries are in parrallel not in series. All this does really is to keepa good steady supply of voltage and yes from your last coment it does not incease amperage at all because technically there is no voltage increase. That is if I remember right. /shrug

Ok thanks willy. Found some places with them, pretty spendy Now trying to find if i can wire them into the agd warpfeed. Man, i think i might have gone the wrong route on this.

if u buy the pro team sensor, it should aready have the little plug, that u plug right into the warp, and then u just set teh sensors to use the plug for activaion

Oh, you mean the little metal hole next to the priming button? If thats it, i wondered what it was for.

gggrrrrr

Ah well I think I just might break down and buy the PTP 12volt mod. Cant go wrong and I know how to wire it into my warp.

I bought a PTP 12v mod too, just plug it in and go

why? i though u understood the schematic

No I understand the shematic fine, but my problem is that no one around here carries the 12 vdc reg that I need. Everyone that I have tried lets around 16 volts though it and it makes my warp run constantly. So since PTP makes em I figure I'll just buy one of theirs and wire it into my warp myself. And one other question just got my Egg in today anybody know how to intelli mod it?

did you try the bigcell? the bigcell mod doesnt need any regulator. and keeps the warp at a fast speed

Well i have found the external sensor (man, every one has these important modding questions, and here i am )Only problem is that no one seems to have them for sale or i haven't found that special business with them. I can get the Proteams Gen 5 bracket form proteams for about $80 , but i want to go cheaper. You guys know of the top of your head a cheap place to find the bracket?

the agd one?

I checked the automag store and didn't see an external sensor setup for their warp. I just assumed they didn't make one. If they do have one, can you please post the link because i just can't find it.

ok now are you looking for a sensor or a warp bracket? your posts in one say u looking for sensor, and ur post 2 posts ago says u want a bracket

Actually the Proteams external sensor is a bracket with a sensor in it.

call them and just be like " yeah i need a new sensor for my warp mine broke off" or something, try and get just the sensor from them

ok now its my turn, anyone know where i can find info on intellifeeding an emag to teh warp, and how to run the warp off the emag battery?

GRRRRR...

Can someone tell me how i can get a sensor thing for my mag i am not using intelliframe and i wanna know what to do and where to get what i need i have the warp and everything i just need a sensor thing.

are you sure there isnt already one inside the warp like there should be?

Does anyone have a pic of the PTP angel feedneck for warps or know what they look like?

I'm trying to figure out if it is a threaded 90* adapter. If it is I'll get one and place it on the new Warp ULE and see how well that works.