Thread: help me cuz i know absolutely nothing

help me cuz i know absolutely nothing

ok, read my sig, i really am a noob.

i have a minimag, but haven't done much w/ it because i thought i was gonna get into paintballing, but alas, things came up and i had no time and stuff.

i've had it for a while now and all i've done is changed the barrel to a dye ss 14" and i've added an expansion chamber. i also run a bottom line. everything is steel braided.

first off, i dont have the money yet to do compressed air.

what i'm looking to do, is getting a 20 oz anti siphon tank, and a palmer's stabilizer. how does that sound?

i didn't do the lvl 10 upgrade yet, but i guess i'll do that soon enough.

now, is there a way to put on the stabilizer, and STILL keep the expansion chamber w/ bottom line setup. i like that because the x-chamber is really nice for a grip.

let's say i get compressed air in the future (a flatline), could i still keep the x-chamber as a grip? and still run the bottom line and keep the same setup? and if i do get compressed air, should i get the rt valve? i used to read soemwhere that i shouldn't upgrade the valve and all that other stuff and just keep the gun the way it is. does tom support getting the rt valve? also, i was wondering if the steel braided hose is a good idea. should i do the macroline? it seems like it would be lighter. i just think it doesn't look as durable.

hmmm....i think that's all the questions i have for now.

minimag:
    -dye 14" ss barrel
    -dye 12" ultralite
    -expansion chamber (i like it as a foregrip)
    -steel braided hoses
    -45/3000 preset pure energy
    -eclipse mini drop
    -vl revvy w/ xboard
    -check-it on/off unimount
    -----future upgrades-------
    -xvalve
    -intelliframe
    -ule frame black

spyder xtra (for friends to use):
    -sp 14" teardrop

next gun:
    -macdev sonic cyborg
    or
    -powerlyte isis

Nothing wrong with being a noob, we were all there once

The stab' is a great reg for co2. If you want to keep the expansion chamber because you like the feel as a fore grip then there is an easy solution which will work well. You can have the stab mount directly to and inline with the main air reg on the 'mag. (hopefully someone here has a pic to show you what I mean).

So you would have a 20 oz with anti syphon on bottom line, feeding the expansion chamber, feeding the stab feeding the mag valve.

Should have no problems with liquid in that set up and it should be pretty darn nice for a co2 rig.

In the future you could keep the bottom line and run a screw in tank, in that case I would by pass the expansion chamber and run the airline straight to the mag valve. You could keep the expansion chamber on the gun for a grip though. You may want to change to a front grip for weight/looks/feel but if you are happy as you are then you can stick with that set up.

If you get air, the RT valve is a great piece of kit. Everyone at AGD supports getting the RT valve.

If you are happy with braided line then stick with it, there's no need to go to macro line. Macro is just easy for setting things up and make hose lenghts that fit perfectly as you can cut it to size.

manike

Doesn't it say specificlly not to use an anti-syphon tank? I thought I read that in my Automag Manuel.

Wc Keep Guest
    no its says not to use a siphon tank. an anti siphon tank is almost required to use a mag on co2. but if you get the anti tank and a palmers stab with the ex chamber you spent practically the same amount as a 68 3000 steel tank. the retro valve is made by agd so its fully endorsed. you should really wait and play with it a couple of times and see if you have chopping problems to get lvl10. sure its a nice upgrade but if you dont need it yet dont spend the money.

after you spens about 100 for the stab and 20 for the tank, you coulda got nitro... just a thought.

what i'm looking to do, is getting a 20 oz anti siphon tank, and a palmer's stabilizer. how does that sound?
    The money you spend on this stuff would probably buy you a Pure Energy N2 tank.

Wc Keep Guest
    nitro duck 68 3000 (what i use) $135.00 u.s.

quick search........

I was thinking the same thing.. why not just make the step to Nitro? This would really be great if he had the ability to fill it locally. I do however know that some folks on AO have a problem with that, and thus are stuck using CO2.

Feedback?

www.ShartleyCustoms.com
    Custom Paintball Products and Accessories
    CLICK HERE to Check out our PDU SERIES GEAR!

its more like a paper cut that has primadonna's yelling murder... - Glickman

thanks for all the help. see, i dont' want to get nitro until i have enough for a 4500 flatline.

oh, and i was also wondering...how a stabilizer works. i know an x-chamber is designed to give the liquid co2 time to expand into a gas...but how does a stabilizer work to keep liquid out if i dont have an x-chamber?

Wc Keep Guest
    your being a little too picky in my mind.(please dont flame
    ) but you really dont need a flatline til you get a retro valve. the a.i.r. valve can be used with any nitro tank out there and get great chrono readings. so what i would do is just get a regular nitro tank then get retro then get flatline then get another gun to put that other nitro on or sell it.

Then buying all this CO2 stuff will just delay getting enough money to buy a 45oo flatline.... You would be mcuh better off buying a 68/3000 preset tank. Trust me. I've been where you are.
    -Gig 'Em Ags!