Thread: The sorce of that choking sound coming from Florida

The sorce of that choking sound coming from Florida

As you all probably know the AGD Lions didn't make even make the semis in World Cup 5 man friggin novice division. Looking back I can try to put the blame on a lot of things that happened off of the field. From the entry mix up, to Tracy almost getting killed last Friday in a work accident (He is alright and I wish him a speedy recovery), or Chance getting heat stroke the first day. The reality is we just played like poop.

-Game 1 vs All Americans on the Smart Parts field-
    Both teams broke out in the defensively. We lose Jelly Bean on the break. After the break I take the Dorito on the 40 and Chester takes the 40 on the other side. They counter by taking the mirrors of Chester and I. All A's then move a guy in to the center 50. Chance takes the other side of the center 50. Then get the our first kill from the center making it 4 on 4. Chance grabs the flag and kills the guy in the center as Chester looks into a ball. Now its 3 on 3 and we have first pull. Chance leaves the flag behind and is pulled. Then I get shot while trying to make the 50 on my side. Game set match.
    This game could have easily went our way but we just blew it. I expected a tougher game since it was their field.

-Game 2 vs Checkmate on the Dye field-
    We miss the 10 second warning and when the game starts we are all just standing there for a second or two. When it becomes clear that there wasn't going to be a restart we all scramble for our bunkers. In less than a min Chester is in the 50 on the spectator side. He wastes no time in shooting all five of them (Greedy jerk that he is). Not bad considering they got to start in thier bunkers. Chance starts to get pretty sick after this game. We put him in the back and he toughed it out the rest of the day. No, we were not out drinking the night before.

-Game 3 vs GZ silver on field 10-
    We get smoked they take Chance and I on the break and wasted no time cleaning up.

-Game 4 vs ? on the CP field-
    The ref trys his best to not let us on the field with our guns. He wasted bunch of paint trying to get our triggers to bounce. We maxed them fast. I'm not sure who they were though.

-Game 5 vs Palmetto(?) on the Worr field-
    We would have had a perfect max had I not shot Chester at the end of the game. He had it coming after the second game.

-Game 6 vs ? on the Brimstone field-
    They take the 50 rocket on the break, but we shoot him out in the first 30 seconds. They take the snake. Chester and I start moving up the rocket side and we quikly max them.

-Game 7 vs Naghty Dogs Silver on the CP field-
    Both teams break about the same. Chester takes the dorito, Chance takes a center can, I take the short can on the far side of the field and Tim and Steve take the back corners. I quickly bump into the center laydown and then into the 50 diamond on the far tape. Chance fills the center lay down and Dogs move a guy into his mirror. Maybe two min. in we shoot the back center guy. Then Chance gets shot going for the center fifty. I miss like three easy shoots on the back left guy and the center guy. I don't think I could have hit myself I was shooting so bad this game. We loose Chester and they move a guy into the Snake. I jump to the inside of the Diamond, knocking the wind out of myself in the process. Steve wacks the guy in the snake and Tim gets shot trying to move up behind me. I regain the abillity to breathe only to miss a full body shot at the back right guy. Then the back left guy shoots me. The remaining two dogs shoot Steve but time runs out before they can hang the flag.

-Game 8 vs Strange B on the DYE field-
    While we did get some poor reffing this game, I am not the kind of person who is going to complain that we didn't make it because the refs screwed us. We had plenty of opertunity to win games and lost. The only game where I really thought we were outmatched this whole tournament was the GZ game. The rest of our losses could have went either way. IMHO that if you focus on reffing as your source of lossing and not your play, you will never become a better player.

Our goal on this field was to push hard on the spectator wire and to hold the snake side. Chester takes the front taco the break with me behind him in the corner. Steve and Tim are in the middle and Chances takes the front on the snake side. Tim is 51(dead) on the break. Chester slides into one of the 40 cans on the spectator side. We then eliminate Chester's mirror. Chester is then pulled on some paint that he sat on. They move a guy into the 40 can. I sneak up the spectator side to Chesters bunker. After battling with my mirror he looks inside at Chance. I then come up over the top to shoot the center in and take the 50. But I am pulled for a orange mark on my knee from a ball that I kneeled on. Strange was shooting Pink I found out latter. Two terrible calls from the same judge but what are you going to do. This gave the game to Strange as the 4 of them made quick work of Steve and Chance.

-the scores-
    Game 1. 30 something to 50 something All A's win.

Game 2. 100 for the good guys.

Game 3. 100 for GZ silver. ouch...

Game 4. 98 for us.

Game 5. 98 for us.

Game 6. 98 again for the good guys.

Game 7. We suck. Dogs get pull but no hang.

Game 8. Lions-0, Strange 3-kills, refs 2kills.
    Last edited by Troy; 10-27-2002 at 09:20 PM.
    "Shoot straight up in the air and hit the other team on top of the head...European teams do it all the time" D.A. 2001 Gettysburg

Sorry to hear about all this bro. As we all know, sometimes crap like this happens, not a lot you can do about it 'cept move on & keep goin'. Best of luck to you all in the future, & a speedy recovery to Tracy.

Knackers Guest
    I wouldnt care as long as I got to play in the world cup!

However it does rate a big bummer when you play bad though!

that stinks. i hope tracy is ok. but you tryed and thats all you can do.
    [*img]http://www.browndotdesign.com/Xodus/AO/YeahThatsMe.jpg[/img]
    Image too large- Tato

From the descriptions, it sounds like you guys actually played pretty well. From the conversation I had with Steve yesterday, sounds like some of the reffing calls weren't fantastic either.

Hope you all at least had fun though.
    Superbolt

Glad you guys toughed it out, seems like you played damn well though all things considered.

Good luck Tracy and i hope Chance already feels better.

There's always next year guys....register now!
    My Feedback

"Game...Blouses"

Well, you did a lot better than the Assimilators did at the Intergalactic Pump Tourney... we only had two strong finishes, with 96 and 98 points respectively... the rest we just blew...

It's not so bad, everyone has their off days, and it sounds like you had some outside stuff that interfered quite a bit on your game.

---Fred
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback

Hey, you can't win 'em all. It actually sounds like you guys did OK. What is your next tournament? Or, do you guys just have the World Cup is your last, since it is the end of the NPPL.
    AIM, Yahoo messenger and  IRC=FordPrefectAO.  ICQ=160223684, and  my ICQ nick is FordPrefectAO.
    3-D Pong's bro!

Originally posted by Restola
    Why can't I just be in charge of the world?
    Captain, Tremor

lol....

"-Game 5 vs Palmetto(?) on the Worr field-
    We would have had a perfect max had I not shot Chester at the end of the game. He had it coming after the second game."

thats just hilarious..

anywho...sorry about your bad luck in the cup.and I hope everyone is ok.

Oh and I thought it was my cat throwing up. Thanks guys you explained a lot

On a more serious note that sucks that you lost. Theres always next year

Wink

Better Luck next time.

at least non of your players sneaked into the woods
    AO MEMBER# 2967
    No Limit
    check out these killers...
    NFeel The JoyN

Originally posted by Cliffio
    at least non of your players sneaked into the woods
    LOL thats funny but kinda wrong at the sametime. i know avalanche members want to kill salm(sp) right now.
    Old Edition:
    2k2 impulse
    couple o' goodies'

Riotz Guest
    Thanks and sorry Troy. If you get a chance, can you post scores from each of the games too?

Last two games and scores are now posted.

Re: The sorce of that choking sound coming from Florida

Originally posted by Troy

Game 7. We suck. Dogs get pull but no hang.

Thats a nice comment to say about your own team

can someone tell me how the scoring system works?

i see 98 and stuff. how do u get points? do u get points per person u eliminate?

minimag:
    -dye 14" ss barrel
    -dye 12" ultralite
    -expansion chamber (i like it as a foregrip)
    -steel braided hoses
    -45/3000 preset pure energy
    -eclipse mini drop
    -vl revvy w/ xboard
    -check-it on/off unimount
    -----future upgrades-------
    -xvalve
    -intelliframe
    -ule frame black

spyder xtra (for friends to use):
    -sp 14" teardrop

next gun:
    -macdev sonic cyborg
    or
    -powerlyte isis

ok try to follow me with this:

-2 points per elimination
    -1 point taken off per player you lose
    -30 pull
    -50 hang

So if you shot all 10 of there players you get 20, pull 30, hang 50 giving you a max. In there case they shot all 10 but lost 2 players, 20 pull, 50 hang equaling a 98.
    www.teamrhythm.net

Rhythm milled freeflow cocker with E-blade...it's so nice having your own gun!!!

Sponsors:
    www.sirepaintball.com
    www.4freeflow.com
    Planet Eclipse
    Detroit Thunder/Draxxus