Thread: with So, can you replace a Claan Emag body OR not?

with So, can you replace a Claan Emag body OR not?

Well, my friend wants to get a Classic Mag this Christmas. The thing is, like me, he can't stand a gun that's not vertical feed. So, his plan was to slap a vertical feed Emag body on there. I will probably eventually get a Classic in the future too, so I'd also like to do this. Here's where my question comes in:

From what I've heard, the two bodies aren't interchangeable without some modifications. However, personman managed to get an Emag body onto his Classic without any mods (he ever took pics). So I'm just wondering, did personman do something I don't know about to his gun to get it to work, or are the bodies really interchangeable?

Thanks in advance for replies!

EDIT: Wow, for some reason the title of my thread was really messed up. I swear to God I didn't type it like that, originally it said, "So, can you replace a Classic body with an Emag body OR what?" Weird.
    Converge Kills

not ot be mean... but did you even try to search? this has been in the forums tons of times.

but anyways yes you can put an emag body on a minimag/automag body rail. it will fit loosely though, and probably wobble. pm personman and ask him how he did his. also do a search.
    [*img]http://www.browndotdesign.com/Xodus/AO/YeahThatsMe.jpg[/img]
    Image too large- Tato

kinda confusing but not really. RT PRO/E-mag bodies can go on automags/minimags, but minimag/automag bodies cant go onto e-mags/RT PROS. the reason is on the bottom of the body is a little notch that goes into a hole int he body rail. the automag bodies have rectangular ones and the e-mag bodies have circular ones. so what your wanting to do is possible.
    Looking for a gun

the Emag bodies will go on a mag rail. a mag body wont go on an emag rail, due to the shapes of the nubs welded on the bottom.

Edit: i got distracted forgot about what i wrote and he beat me to it. oops.
    i dont like signatures. so i turned them off. AO is much better this way.

I see, I see. I may tell him to get one of those Center Fire Minis then. If the body wobbles at all, I think it could get annoying. Anyway, we'll probably also cut down the feed tube and slap on one of those slip on feed necks (metal, not plastic). I don't think blow back is too much of an issue anymore with Lvl 10 and the faster hoppers of today.

someone was saying that the peg on the bottom may be a tad to long so just sand it down its actually a very easy mod

Originally posted by dansim
    someone was saying that the peg on the bottom may be a tad to long so just sand it down its actually a very easy mod
    Actually, trying to sand down the SS pem will be tough. It'll actually be easier to drill the hole in the body rail so it's a little deeper.
    There are three kinds of people in the world: Those who can count, and those who can't.

With understanding comes understanding.

If the saying is true that we are what we eat, aren't we all just cannibals?

actually i sand with a bench grinder but you may want to try the drilling fist

Spray Painter Guest
    This thread should help

personman Guest
    Hey, I played with the body today and it diddnt wobble at all. If it did, it was unnoticable. This body is unmodified, I just slapped it on.
    MAN I love this thing! Its beautiful!

After an hour or so with a dremel, classic/mini bodies will fit an emag...

personman Guest
    the first time I saw that, I was like woah an automag warp body.. then I realised it was just a powerfeed that was cut down.
    Thats impressive!
    Thats also alot of dremel work