Thread: Best way to modify the Intelliframe to fit a micromag

Best way to modify the Intelliframe to fit a micromag

I know most of you that have micromags have an intelliframe. On my model (Micromag2kRT verticalfeed), the intelliframe won't fit w/o modifying the frame somehow. (Or atleast I don't think it will..) I would imagine most people modify the trigger guard and I was wondering what the best method was for doing that.

I would think you could just take a blowtorch or get the section of the trigger frame that needs bending and then just bend it over the bump of the foregrip the trigger frame rests against (look at pic).

Is this the best way? If it is, do you even have to heat it? I would think you would just get a clean, blue flame and rest it on the part that needs bending for a second at longest and then just bend it a little to fit over that bump in the PTP foregrip (pic).

Are there any drawbacks to using heat and bending the trigger guard? Does it affect the annodizing or anything? Will it take the flat black annodizing right off or affect it in any way?

So if someone would please share the best way to do this (bend with plyers? ..hands? etc.), I would appreciate it.

Also I just got my intelliframe...ooh..maybe 3 weeks ago and its still the old style that doesn't have the hump. Didn't those "new styles" come out a long time ago?

Anyway, thanks for the help. Now that i'm finally getting my nitro tank this week I can install my intellirfame and level10!

I love mags.

Thanks for the advice, dc.
    Dynaflow for sale, PM ME!
    My AO Feedback Here
    My eBay Feedback Here
    [/font]

I just need to bend it over one hump in my PTP foregrip. Look at the pic:

Get your frame like this...

You can't see the bend in the frame in this pic all that well, but it may be enough. I tried to type that, but my paintbrush skills suck.

Edit: I'll take a better pic tomorrow, if your interested.

You got a new style one. Bastard.

I wasn't planning on bending it like that. Just a very, very small bend right where that hump is in the foregrip. It would look clean enough I think when the frame is on the gun. Might look wierd with it off, but I'm keeping it on there for sure! Iframe rocks.

BTW man, i really love your setup. I'm planning on doing the phonejack intelifeed and I may need some help on it. I'm also interested on your anno job. Expect a PM in the next week; I've got some questions I want to ask you.

You need a foregrip on there and that's what my gun is gonna be baby!

Are you sure that you need to do that? I have a 99 powerfeed so it's a little different, but my frame clears my stock foregrip, its snug against it but I do not get scratches in either of them.

What happen when you test fit it?
    That which does not kill us, cripples us for life.

There's no need to take a blow torch to it.

Just file a little material off your fore grip.
    Or, loosen the fore grip a little, attach your intelli and valve, then re tighten the fore grip. (Thats what I did)

Originally posted by kutter
    Are you sure that you need to do that? I have a 99 powerfeed so it's a little different, but my frame clears my stock foregrip, its snug against it but I do not get scratches in either of them.

What happen when you test fit it?
    Well when I put in the back screw on the frame, and then try to attach the front...I have to squeeze it in there. The holes are off by 2mm or so. I can fit the trigger guard in front of the foregrip but there is a lot of pressure on something; either the foregrip or the trigger guard. I just don't think I could lock the frame down with out getting a space between my body and frame (It won't be flush against the body.)

Originally posted by luke
    There's no need to take a blow torch to it.

Just file a little material off your fore grip.
    Or, loosen the fore grip a little, attach your intelli and valve, then re tighten the fore grip. (Thats what I did)
    That's a good idea. I'll try that. Do you get any wear on either the frame or the foregrip?

Thanks, gimme a holler if you need help, it was a lot easier than I thought. I thought about a foregrip too, but wanted to start with the bare minimum for weight purposes.