Thread: Dumb Question: What's the difference between...

Dumb Question: What's the difference between...

What's the difference between a Quick Disconnect and a Slide Check....and i was looking at those ProConnect's like Manike uses...dang..60 bucks...a little too pricey for me...

A QD just allows you to separate the two lengths of hose... it doesnt shut off the airflow. The slide check shuts off the flow of air, but doesnt allow you to disconnect the hose. When used in conjunction, you basically have a pro-connect. It would be uglier, bulkier, and less functional than a pro-connect however.
    -Gig 'Em Ags!

It would also cost basicly the same amount to get both the q/d and slide check vs. the pro connect.
    "Relax. Don't worry. Have a Home Brew."
    -Charlie Papazian

Feedback: https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...threadid=40134

Well..I don't know if it'd be any cheaper..the ProConnect on PBgear is like $60..a QD and a slide check together are like 25-30...second question is..where can i get the fittings cheaper..well..not really cheaper..I need a couple nickel 90* elbows, a 9" S/S hose and a QD male end..and PBgear wants like $7 for shipping and none of the local shops carry that stuff....aaaarrrggghhhhh...

I got a slide check a few years ago and for got to oil it up a few times. Needless to say, the orings got shreded up. That's one bad thing about a slide. There is also a pro connect for sale on ebay but the seller has a lot of negative feedback in six months. It's cheap right now at $15 but holding back since most negative feedback says that he is a SLOW shipper.

pbzmag

I'm waiting on some stuff to sell...I'm swapping my Conquest for a Flatline on my GZ Timmy...and I'm going to switch from Macro to S/S hose...Is the ProConnect all that advantageous?

Well.....

If you don't have a tank with an On/Off... I highly suggest using a Proconnect, they can be found for like $45, and work excellently. I have been using them for the last 6yrs, on my RT Original, and now on my SFL Emag....

Here is a close up picture of the Proconnect (utilizes that one button to disconnect the male and female halves)

https://www.automags.org/forums/attac...?postid=570171

With a QD, you risk blowing an oring out. It's also alittle hell getting them back in. Alot of people gives the Pro Connect high marks, but for it's price, I'll wait for a used one.