Thread: ulali?

ulali?

have any of you heard of ulali? they are a female native american singing group and i really like their music. do any of you people like them?

if you havent hear any of their stuff i would suggest listening to a couple of their songs.
    [*img]http://www.browndotdesign.com/Xodus/AO/YeahThatsMe.jpg[/img]
    Image too large- Tato

anybody at all?

I haven't heard of them but they sound pretty interesting. I listen to everything, so I can find something I can appreciate in just about all types of music. Do they use instruments or is it just harmonies and vocals?

i believe they have a band that travels with them, if you plan on downloading their music i would suggest downloading the following songs:

all my relations
    grammah easters lulaby
    and, native american rattle songs.

they are great tracks. i would stuggest them to anybody who wants to branch out a bit.....

Good Ole Amish Country, or just outside of lancaster PA

While every one is posting about music, You should all look for Touvan throat singing

OK, herd about this on npr a while back.. and it was really cool. It is a method of singing, using your throat, and you can hit 4 different ranges at once... it is quite hard, and no i cant do it.. But if you want something really interesting... look for it on kazza... the realy good guy is named Ondar... i sugguest searching for him ots realy cool stuff

Originally posted by Tom in reffrence to a post saying he acted like my dad...
    "That's right!
    WHO'S YOUR DADDY!!"
    ALL QUIT AND NO GO!!! Team Icky Forest-Shatnerball 2003!!!
    www.tunamart.com
    DONT SUPPORT HYPOCRITICAL MISSLEAD YOUTH, BOYCOTT HK

i know all about throat singing, you should get the book touva or bust, its all about a mans journey investigating throat singing and going to tuva, also check out ghengis blues, its a movie documentory about a blind blues singer(true story) who hears throat singing on a radio and teaches himself how to do it, then he goes to tuva and goes through all this cool stuff. good movie. there is also a cd with it. you should check out ulali magman.

Good Ole Amish Country, or just outside of lancaster PA
    eh, touvan throat singing, and blue man group is as wierd as i get.. well that and björk.....

the best cd is ondar's... back touva future

ok, lets not turn this into a weird and obscure music thread. its not what i made it for. thanks.