Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RT vs RT Pro

Question RT vs RT Pro

im thinking of getting an automag RT, i love how it looks and haven't heard anything bad about it. my question is what is the difference between the RT and RT pro? also, if you own a RT, do you like it? and if i DO buy one, what should i get for it?
    SIG RULES SUCK REAL BAD AND THEYRE STUPID AND DUMB AND THEY STINK AND ARE STUPID AND I HATE THEM AND THEY SUCK REAL BAD

the rt had a smaller valve that fit inside the body, and the rtp comes with an iframe. because the rt valve is smaller you cant put any different bodies on the rt, and trigger frames made for normal mags wont fit on the rt's rail.

love my RT so much that i bought a secind one as a backup

if the RT is in good shape i would say about 325 to 350
    BEZERKERS
    ALL MAG SHOOTING TEAM

can i get an I-frame for an RT?

yes you can get an i-frame for a old school RT. If you order through AGD it may take a little longer; have to drill the field strip screw hole bigger for the banjo bolt.
    Not sure if any on-line sites have them as of now, When i ordered mine it was through modified paintball and it took a while due to it being a special order at that time. Who knows maybe they have em in stock now.

well..

the old skol RT is faster... *trigger bounch is harder*
    but the down side is... ONLY the stuff made for the Old Skol RT will fit... (the hole for the field strip screw is larger then that of the pro)

the RT Pro.. well, the upside it has to the old skol is that everything else fits... (if it fits mag)
    the down side is.. you don't get near the trigger bounch as you do with the Old Skol RT ...

I own an Old Skol RT .... and I owned a Pro... I still own the old skol rt... if that tells you anything =]
    The MOOSE is LOOSE!

Good Traders: RogueFactor, Personman,Bazaro,hawpunch, Devil,bofh,Walker,Boble86,Ryknow,MajorDamage

BAD TRADER::: TheEmagGuy

My Feedback

AO-GA

thats a fallacy

the rt and RTP and retro equiped mags are identical in function and reactivity given comparable tolerances
    Did you hear about the new european weapons contracts? France is going to make the wooden sticks Spain making the little white flags

Sorry butterfingers, but it isn't at all false. Tom said so himself that the RT valve is faster than the Retro Valve!

Originally posted by Butterfingers
    thats a fallacy

the rt and RTP and retro equiped mags are identical in function and reactivity given comparable tolerances
    Thank you...

www.ShartleyCustoms.com
    Custom Paintball Products and Accessories
    CLICK HERE to Check out our PDU SERIES GEAR!

its more like a paper cut that has primadonna's yelling murder... - Glickman

Originally posted by GWTC
    Sorry butterfingers, but it isn't at all false. Tom said so himself that the RT valve is faster than the Retro Valve!
    How fast the valve is, is not the only thing that determines Reactiveness..... one is speed of the valve and its recharge rate, and the other is trigger returning speed and pressure caused by input pressure... not the speed of the valve..... unless I am understanding the process wrong.

why would AGD design the retro valve to perform less then the rt?

Originally posted by petefol
    why would AGD design the retro valve to perform less then the rt?
    I think maybe folks are mixing things up a bit.... I will have to look into this more.....

please provide this info in more detail, such as when and where before this thread turns into another hijacked pissing match.

BRak: good luck on your search for an RT.

i wasnt saying that it was true, im saying that i dont think AGD would have released the retro valve if they new it didnt perform as well as the rt. as for finding one, i heard 888paintball has some, but their upgrading their site.

thwey both suck angels own

Show me an RT that can do what my Retromag does...

www.butters.org

I have been on this forum for a while and I dont remember tom ever commenting on the RT being faster. In fact if we do a simple search we will find that tom states on multiple occassions that the internals of both valves are identical with the exception of the banjo bolt.

Originally posted by Butterfingers

Show me an RT that can do what my Retromag does...

www.butters.org

went and looked at that even before you posted this. very nice. Yes my RT can fire very similar, probably not able to hold it for that long. i did no modifications to mine though. Nice work on the on/off pin.

2 words: Holy cow What did you use to feed them so fast?

Warning: No Cussing. -Miscue
    Last edited by Miscue; 11-16-2002 at 09:48 PM.

Originally posted by DutchNut
    thwey both suck angels own
    no, if any gun sucks it's the angel and well timed cockers, you know that little vacuum effect that sucks the ball down into the breech?

They work the same, go with the RT Pro because the parts are more compatible with the newer AGD products
    I'm going through paintball withdrawal, I haven't been able to play since November 2003!

guys, i posted this becuase the only thing i can afford is the RT and NOT the RT pro. and i wanted to know the differences between the two. so can you please stop being little school girls arguing about which shoots faster (i need something that can almost outshoot a 12v revy, but not actually out shoot it because i cant afford anything better than a 12v revy)

so can you guys please tell me how fast the RT mag can shoot(NOT THE RT PRO!), and what i need to do to put an intelliframe on it?

The RT can shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger, very likely faster than a 12V revy w/X depending on your input pressure and on/off pin tolerances. Just hold back a little and you should be fine. In order to put an intelliframe on it, order the frame from agd and request that the extra hole be drilled for an RT.
    /=== /\/\ [] |< [- |\|
    \==\
    ===/ MINI RETRO LX

Red face umm...

im running this off the top of my head so i could be wrong but you would find it very hard pressed to find a new rt. i believe the rt pro was designed to replace the rt. all i found during my "new marker" search were rt pros. and isnt the rt the retro valve? i thought it stood for response trigger like the tippmann upgrade but its supposed to stand for retro valve even though it has the responsive trigger. just get an rt pro. i think its supposed to be better in some way hence the pro name. also its cheaper.

The RT & RT Pro's valves both work the same; the internals are the same (except for some minor differences). Some of the external dimensions are different too.

The RT is a bit more complicated in regards to how the air gets to the valve. Thus, there are more areas in which it can leak.

With the RT Pro, the air goes into the side of the valve just like the AIR/Retro/Emag valves.

With the RT, the air travels into a gas through foregrip, through a hard steel line, through the rail, and through the banjo bolt before going into the valve.

In the end, when both are working properly, they perform the same and have the reactive trigger. But, RT's are no longer produced, whereas the RT Pro is. Also, the Retro/RT Pro/Emag valves are all the same except for some minor internal differences (such as on/off pin length & quad oring usage in the Emag valve) and the engraving on the exterior of the valve.

he already said he cant get an rtp. and the rtp is only better because it comes with an iframe, and has the simpler valve.

ok but unless the rt you are looking for is used. it would be harder and more expensive to get an original rt. it seems the only reason to get the original rt is the novelty.

Originally posted by TippmannMan
    ok but unless the rt you are looking for is used. it would be harder and more expensive to get an original rt. it seems the only reason to get the original rt is the novelty.
    Do you have an AGD RT? Novelty? study up, lot to learn.

i didnt mean it in a bad way...

nov·el·ty
    n. pl. nov·el·ties
    (1) The quality of being novel; newness.
    (2) Something new and unusual; an innovation.
    (3) A small mass-produced article, such as a toy or trinket.

i would think it would be cool to have an original rt. i was just saying how hard it would be to find one new these days so it would be a novelty to have it. and i still find that the rt pro is cheaper and he says he can only afford a rt so im assuming he thinks/found that the rt was cheaper. when in reality he could get the rt pro as the cheaper marker.

All i have to say is RT Pro. I've shot one and i am getting one this May. What to get on it if you do get one? Well get a warp for it i would say and a nice barrel. The barrel i have now is a freak system and it is working out quite well for me...very nice. And of couse get a good nitro tank but you wont need a nitro tank which needs a backpack to carry like those 114ci 4500psi tanks. Around 88ci 4500psi is good.

Originally posted by EnderWigginPballin

no, if any gun sucks it's the angel and well timed cockers, you know that little vacuum effect that sucks the ball down into the breech?
    Not to get to far off the ranch - but this is a myth also. (actually an illusion) You may be able to time a cocker/shocker (never heard of doing it on an angel) to suck a piece of tissue into a feedtube - but the mass of a paintball (many hundreds of times greater then tissue) will preclude this from working for real. Tom has a simple test if you don't believe - turn your perfect timed (sucking) cocker/shocker upside down and push a paintball into the feedtube with your finger. (just get it into the tube, but don't block the air flow or "suction") Pull the trigger and I bet the ball does not even jiggle.

Such guns won't be affected by blow back, but they aren't sucking anything in either.

-Calvin
    From a poster at PB Nation:

""Jim, back to your cave. Bob Long is on the batphone..."

MY FEEDBACK

just cause it isnt powerful suction doesnt mean it isnt suction. I mean it may not be able to lift a paintball against gravity but when used with gravity it may help feed to a degree.
    Why doesnt anything work for me.