Thread: New to Automags and Have a Couple Questions

New to Automags and Have a Couple Questions

Just ordered a 68mag and I've got a couple questions.

I'm going to be running CO2 and want to get an expansion chamber. What are some of your reccomendations? Links would be helpful.

Does the LVL10 bolt eat gas or is this a misconception?

Thanks for your time and input.

as for LX, reports seem to be that it eats slightly more gas than usual, however i wouldnt worry about it. if thats the only side effect of it(and it is) its still worth every penny you pay

and for hte ex chamber, i really like the Lapco ones. not too popular at places other than my store(i really push the Lapco stuff), but they work great. ACI also makes a very good one.

Welcome to AO. If your running CO2 a combination of an expansion chamber ans an anti-syphon tube in your tank, matched to your ASA, will help keep the liquid out of the valve, and keep your mag up and running.

Level 10 uses a little more gas but will not, by any stretch, turn your mag into a gas hog.

Moorewatch

If you read this, thank a teacher.
    If you read this in English, thank a soldier.

For the expansion chamber I would suggest looking for one that will fit your hand well as it will double as your foregrip. I ran my mag with a single chamber expansion chamber and anti-siphon tank for 7years with no liquid problems. I also got 1300+ shots on a 20oz co2 tank so even with levelX you should still get well over 1000 shots on a 20oz co2.

PSSSST, i'll let u in on a litte tip, AND do it nicely b/c some people won't.

If u wnat to post something, do a search for it first, otherwise u can get some pretty nasty comments from other people on the board
    unless of course i'm totally wrong than forget everything i said

I did do a search and couldn't find much in the way of what is a good expansion chamber. And the LVL10 info was unclear.

Thanks for all of the replies.

Another option, is to run a slinky remote into the expando. This has worked for me for many years.

Sorry I'm off topic, but a quick question Army:

Is the quote on that hopper "Don't run, you'll just die tired?" =)
    Don't think of it as being outnumbered, think of it as a wide target selection.

yes it is.

I personally like the Cooper-T expansion chamber made specifically for the mag. I played in sub-freezing temps on CO2 and never had a problem. I checked the cooper-t Website but I don't see them on there anymore. If your interested give them a call.

www.cooper-t.com

I highly recommend an anti-siphon in your tank.
    Last edited by battlegroup; 11-18-2002 at 10:44 AM.
    PROTECTING FREEDOM SINCE 1989

Battlegroup

I agree with army, if you can handle running remote, add a slinky hose. The slinky will act as another expansion hose.

C Mayhem

This is the setup i have on my lvl 10 automag running on Co2 currently.
    Smartparts Anti syphon bottle with on-off
    32 degrees 6 stage exp chamber.
    kapp dzone.
    It works in weather under 25 Fahrenheit!!(some velocity spikes) In 50+ weather it is consistant as heck +-3 or 4 or sometimes +-2!
    Running, jumping, moving quickly can make some liquid get into the tube, the exp chamber handles that flawlessly!
    I really would recommend the setup i have as it works wonderfully.
    Level 10 Centerfeed polished Emag With J&J 2 peice.
    Level 7 Powerfeed left 68 Mag' With J&J ceramic barrel.

THE BEST thing you can get for stopping liquid is the palmer stabilizer. Don't believe that it will choke your gun because two regulators are bad! If you set it up so that the stab limits the guns top velocity to about 350 then turn down the AIR valve to 300, you will have NO problems, and you will NEVER get any liquid into the gun. Believe me that is how I have my gun setup right now, even in 32 degree weather (I live in Montana) it won't let in liquid.
    The stabilizer is THE WAY to go!

P.S. It also helps your velocity consistancy a LOT!
    P.P.S. NO velocity spikes, EVER!

You can get a crossfire 68/3000 for 120$ online. VS. paying 50$ for an expansion and 20$ for a co2 tank. You can purchase a 47/3000 pure energy tank for about 70 bux. If your field fills HPA you will be much happier skipping the co2 phase.