Thread: What adjustable high-end nitro tanks will fit DIRECTLY onto a TW QuickDisconnect?

What adjustable high-end nitro tanks will fit DIRECTLY onto a NW QuickDisconnect?

Anyone know what tanks will fit DIRECTLY (NO ADAPTER) onto a NW Dropforward Quick Disconnect? I'm trying to keep my setup as short as possible and I was just wondering what tanks all fit onto it.

I don't think that any tanks that are fitted for dovetail will fit. I think the TW has 2 holes for screws so it will only screw directly onto a tank... Is this right? Or are the two holes in the NW QD holes for set screws.. If this is true, will it fit directly onto a tank fitted for dovetail (ie. Conquest, Dynaflow)

Also, If I need an adapter to get it to fit, where can I get one (smallest, shortest one possible). How much are they?

I'm obviously a bit confused on how different tanks connect to the NW QD, so if someone could explain I would be most appreciative.

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by dcmander; 11-18-2002 at 11:20 PM.
    Dynaflow for sale, PM ME!
    My AO Feedback Here
    My eBay Feedback Here
    [/font]

TW, don't you mean NW??

Edit- and why on earth do you need TWO threads? You might want to look into deleting one of them
    Last edited by darklord; 11-18-2002 at 11:12 PM.

Good Traders: SupaTravis, Joeyjoe367, biker, Zenwood, arabian ape, beefstew, timmy63, ah137, kilaueakid, Will Wood, Remington, DicksonDood23, CPhilip, Fritzy, Dirtybunny, LittlePaintballBoy, JadedT, ChucktheMAGician, TheFlamingKoosh, lgavin
    My Feedback Thread
    Out of the sport... missing it.

Originally posted by darklord
    TW, don't you mean NW??

Edit- and why on earth do you need TWO threads? You might want to look into deleting one of them
    Of course I don't need two threads. It double posted ... The other one is deleted.

And yes I mean NW.. I dunno what I was thinking

Good Ole Amish Country, or just outside of lancaster PA
    ummm.. tanks dont... you are supposed to mount your drop onto it, then you can disconnect it all at once.....

Originally posted by Tom in reffrence to a post saying he acted like my dad...
    "That's right!
    WHO'S YOUR DADDY!!"
    ALL QUIT AND NO GO!!! Team Icky Forest-Shatnerball 2003!!!
    www.tunamart.com
    DONT SUPPORT HYPOCRITICAL MISSLEAD YOUTH, BOYCOTT HK

I know of no tank that will screw directly into a quick disconnect. It is made to attach to a connecter(asa, dovetail, cradel) of some kind. Most tanks are either a screw in (asa adapter necessary), dovetail (dovetail rail needed), or require some kind of cradel to hold them.
    You are the Wormtongue of AO.~bofh

I see thanks. The adapter usually drops it down another inch though

BTW, does anyone have pictures of a KAPP STUBBY drop with a 68ci tank...on any gun?

Here is my Max-Flow on one. IF this is what you are talking about.

Yup thats exactly what I mean and want!

What kind of adapter is that? (Is it the one that comes with ONLY the maxflo?)

I like how it is so thin..keeps the setup short.. What tanks will that little thin adapter fit on and where can i get one? How much?

That is the adapter that came with the Max Flow. I don't know if it will fit on any other tanks. It has five grub screws that you just tighten down onto the silver piece of the tank.

Bah.. I don't think maxflo uses dovetail, amd I right on that? But the black piece above the red part is very skinny and that is what i would want if it would fit on a dovetail.

I think the adapter has to be as thick as the ones that come on the Air America tanks cause of teh screews/dovetail.

Thats ok..May post more on this later.

That black piece is the warp mounting bracket.

lol duh.. I forgot that you had a warp on that guN!! :P

Well it doesn't look like that adapter will work, but thanks for your replies.

I'm just gonna have to get the one that is like a cm tall that comes on the Air America tanks.. Thats alright. Thanks all!