Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Release: Cali AO Meet + 24hr Scenario (with Tom Kaye and Bud Orr)

Riotz Guest

Official Release: Cali AO Meet + 24hr Scenario (with Tom Kaye and Bud Orr)

*** OFFICIAL RELEASE ***

Event: AO Meet
    Where: Ditto's Police Supply & Paintball
    When: December 13, 2002
    Time: Noon till evening

Store address is: 721 Nevada St. Redlands, CA 92373
    Phone: 909-793-4474

Event: 24 Hour Scenario Game "Last Blast West"
    Field: Jungle Island
    When: December 14-15, 2002
    Time: 12 NOON Saturday to 12 NOON Sunday

Game will appear on TV's "Splatter Factor" on TNN - billed as "Paintball Scenario's Superball"!

Details are as follows:

Paint Prices :
    Field paint only. $75.00 for a case of 2000 balls.

Pre-Registration:
    PRE-REGISTERED players cost to play will be only $40. If you do not pre-register before December 7th, the cost will be $50 per player. To Pre-register click here for registration form. You must mail your payment and forms before December 7th to receive the discount.

Wavier:
    Jungle-Island waiver - http://www.jungle-island.com/ewaiver.html
    MPP Waiver - http://www.mppgames.com/waiver.pdf

Confirmation:
    Once you have pre-registered for the event. Please send Riotz a Private Message stating that you have pre-registered, I will then add you to the "Confirmed Attendees" list below. Please PM me if you are planning on going to the AO meet or the 24hr game or both.

Field Location:
    Jungle Island is conveniently located right off the 15 freeway and the Lake street exit in Lake Elsinore at 14881 Temescal Canyon Road. Click here for driving directions from map quest.

Special Guests:
    Everyone's favorite paintball gun manufactory and the most innovative mind in the industry, Tom Kaye, will be there to command his troops against Bud Orr.

Food and Drink:
    AGD will be holding a AO Meet at Dittos store on Friday December 13. They will be buying pizza for everyone starting in the afternoon and leading into the evening.

Prizes / Giveaways:
    Currently AGD will be giving away 6 warp feeds and 3 Intelliframes at the AO Meet at Dittos Store. You must attend to win prizes.

Game Info:
    In the passing of the first quarter of the new millennium, the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction (thermonuclear, chemical and biological devices) and the concept of mutual destruction rendered war obsolete. At the same time corporations, unfettered by government restrictions and anti-trust laws, began to grow and become powers unto themselves. Looking for a way to resolve conflicts and also gain popular support incorporating the thrill of controlled aggression without bloodshed, these corporations began looking for a sport which would satisfy all their criteria. Paintball, with all its adrenaline-pounding rush, feats of skill and popular appeal, became the perfect venue the corporations needed to resolve conflicts and solidify power.

The two great corporations which expanded most within the new venue were Worrmen Unlimited and MagMasters International. Their corporate control was dived by the Mississippi and each was hungry for the other's territory. Ever increasing in power and scope, these two mega-corporations were destined to collide for domination of the northern hemisphere.

The terms were accepted by the Lord of Worr and the Master of the Mag, and the final challenge was set to take place in the southern hills of California. It was to be a spectacle which would rival the revelry of the Roman Coliseum. Both sides surrounded themselves with elite mercenary forces, the best scenario paintball had to offer. Knowing no quarter would be asked or given.

All eyes will be on southern California to see the resolution of this cataclysmic conflict. Don't be satisfied to be only a spectator, content merely to sit on the sidelines and watch; this is the call to arms for the real gladiators of the new millennium, those who fearlessly will enter the arena as in the days of old. Join forces and be part of the final battle: the "Last Blast West." You may be the deciding factor!

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here. Remember to confirm after you pre-register. Please PM me if you are planning on going to the AO meet or the 24hr game or both.

List of Confirmed Attendees:

AGD (Tom Kaye) ( AO Meet / 24hr)
    mxracer33x ( AO Meet / 24hr)
    Smoken ( AO Meet / 24hr maybe)
    CMDane ( AO Meet ) +1
    Bonx0007 ( 24hr )
    pbzmag ( AO Meet )
    Nobody077 ( AO Meet / 24hr )
    TooDamnSweet ( AO Meet ) +1
    Last edited by Riotz; 12-10-2002 at 05:24 PM.

I'm in Arizona. ... but I'm gonna try hella hard to drive out for this .... anyone got a place for a stupid 22yr old to stay if I can make it?

Sincerely,
    Dave K
    Its a wakeup call for the Nintendo generation
    GregHastingsPaintball 3 is coming

QUESTION I did an airfare check and its dirt cheap to buy tickets to cali from AZ (under 100 bucks round trip) ....... whats the closest airport (major serviced) to the area? ... LAX?

Sincerely,
    Dave

And can you only shoot a mag/cocker? If I shoot a cocker can I still be on the AGD side?
    My feedback

Made in USA - it matters.

I think ill make it down for this. Im gathering up troops now. When I know how many will be going Ill give more info. Do we have an official AO Hotel for this event yet?

AGD Pride Emag With 4.0 For Sale Here
    03 Vision Shocker #00014 BLUE
    "Personally all I want is a stripper and a corn dog" by RevBrown

The Frymarker Guest
    That poster is great lol

Go get'em Tom! Show them what mag owners are made of!

Okay,
    I checked on airfare and stuff, and its feasable .... so I'm gonna try to make it .... just gotta figure out a ride from the airport n' stuff

Sincerely,
    Dave K

SHHHHEEEEEZH!!!

i move from california to be closer to the action

now i gotta move back for this!!

hey can someone email me the dates AGD is doin stuff so i can arrange my schedule here!!

"You should buy my gun because I have 5000 posts that say I care."-AGD

Riotz Guest
    Originally posted by EMAGfanatic
    hey can someone email me the dates AGD is doin stuff so i can arrange my schedule here!!
    uhh, here you go https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...threadid=43572

That's 70 field paint + the $40 registration fee is pretty steep, but I am coming to Ditto's so I get to see THE MAN in person
    Red Chord V2 RT Pro

Aaargh... I'm acting in a play both of those days. Finally an AO meet in CA and I have to have a prior engagement.
    Your head asplode!

free couch

Dave k,
    I can offer a couch to sleep on in Hollywood. As long as you're not covered in paint.
    Ontario is prob. the best airport but not if you're coming to my place in that case look at BUR Burbank.

I'm not sure but I may attend the War Lords event too.
    LeopardHead

I may be up there for the Ao related festivities but I don't know if I can afford to actually be part of the event...

I will be there for the days events, but not shure about playing, $75 a case is realy expencive for ZAP paint. But if I have the cash I will play. Iny one want to buy a Yasue 101e ham radio for $250 to fund my day?

ive played at jungle a couple times and they never made me buy field paint...is this a new rule or has it always been one. If its always beena ruel they sure dont do a good job of enforcing it. But ya ive never played a scenario before. Coupld someone tell me about how many caes of paint i would need. On an average day i shoot about 1 case.

thx

Well W_W considering you've never done a scenario...usually they're field paint only...because your 40 or 50 bucks doesn't pay for all the junk that goes on at the event so they have to make a little money somehow..

Hmm that's just down the road from me, if the funds are available I'm gonna try and be there.

Mav

USAF Academy Paintball Team
    Cadet Fourth Class of Squadron Three "Cerebus - Dogs of War"
    New: AO Feedback

I'll be at the AO meet but not at the scenario

I just had bi-lateral hernia surgery on Monday just passed and while I should be recovered sufficiently by then to play, I don't want to run the risk of re-injury. Also, my girlfriend and I go through 2+ cases of paint in an 8 hour day. Figure 7 cases of paint at $75 each, plus entry, plus food and drink, that's just too expensive to justify 10 days before Christmas.

So, I'll see you all on the 13th, but not on the field.

Charles

Agreed. Those paint prices are nuts. I'd like to go, but can't afford that.

Riotz Guest

Little update

If you are planning on attending the AO meet at the store: please send me a PM stating so.

Please PM me if you are planning on going to the AO meet or the 24hr game or both.

Thanks

It is unfortunate that the paint prices are so high. I would really love to go, but am not sure I can afford it. If only there was some way to get them to lower the price of paint.....
    Well, there is a way. Unfortunately that way is having very few people show up to the event do to the high cost. Now if only there were some way to make them see how many people will not come due to the high prices, but would come if the prices came down. Hmmm....
    I know, if only we could get a big group of people, an online forum perhaps, to e-mail them (MPPgames, I believe) telling them how we feel. Maybe it wouldn't help, but I don't see what harm it would cause. And if it allows more people to come, that would be very cool.
    /=== /\/\ [] |< [- |\|
    \==\
    ===/ MINI RETRO LX

Any locals care to point me to a good hotel near the field, It would be greatly appreciated. I think a hotel near the AO meet store would be a bit to far away. I got 40 miles on mapquest. Let me know if im am mis-informed. Thanks

i just think it's weird that someone who lives on the other side of the country is trying to set this up when the SoCal AOers have been trying to get the rest of you people interested in this game since about August..oh well...(no disrespect of course)..

Riotz Guest
    Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
    i just think it's weird that someone who lives on the other side of the country is trying to set this up when the SoCal AOers have been trying to get the rest of you people interested in this game since about August..oh well...(no disrespect of course)..
    hehe sorry. I'm just trying to help out.

like i said up in the post..no disrespect..it just shows how fickle the board is at times....

ao meet

so is tom kaye going to be at the 24 hr game or just the meet on friday dec 13th?

Riotz Guest
    Tom is going to be at both. Sorry, I will correct it. I just thought it was implied.

i plan on going. those prices are steep though.

I can't make it. I'm flying to Utah for my mom's 50th bday. Oh and the closest airport to the field would be Ontario (off of the I10 & I15). Not a busy airport either. Anyways. Hope ya guys kick some major booty.

Nick
    Sorry, I'm old

the prices are not bad i run a park
    and its not cheep to keep it going
    also i live in GA. and im fling out
    for it
    THANKS ANGELGUY.COM
    SUPER JOB ON MY IR3