Thread: Classic RT w/ Lvl 10 having hard time getting it pressurized

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Classic RT w/ Lvl 10 having hard time getting it pressurized

When I go to hook my tank to my drop forward I can twist it on and the entire rig vents out of the bottom. It is similar to when you have the velocity up too high but it vents full force.

I have replaced almost all the o-rings. I don't have rings that will fit two of them though. 1) one that seals the regulator threads 2) the one that seals the back of the power tip.

Now this problem is not always there. When I get it gased up it will work perfectly. No problems.

This may or may not be related however I think this has something to do with the lvl 10. When I disconnect my tank the gun holds 500 psi in the reg. I have a dial in my rail to show this. The pressure will not release via pulling the trigger to depress the on/off switch. You have to take the banjo screw out to vent it.

If the reg is filled with the 500 psi it will have no problems gasing up at all. But if you vent it, it will go into trouble again.

I am new to automags, so I hope that the items I referr to are right.

I was wondering how I might go about fixing this problem. I noticed that my friends micromag has the same problem with storing psi and not releasing it tonight when we installed the lvl 10.

Zomby

Talking Try this

Hold the bolt with a stick or squegee while gassing up. Keep it well oiled and fire the heck out of often. Seems this gassing up issue kinda fixes itself after a few hundred thousand rounds.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Cool I'll try that. It makes me wonder though if that will work cause the air is coming out of the back end not the front.

Also the gun did not have this problem about a week ago. And it did have the problem before I put the lvl 10 in. Thanks for the response.

Zomby

Got a RT parts kit and it fixed the pressurization. Looks like even if the look similar a o-ring can be very different. Anywho though that did not fix the 500 psi storage in the line. I'm not to concerned for myself but my friend had the same problem and it makes his quick disconnects impossible to pull off by hand.

Thanks for the help!

Zomby

Yes, the residual pressure is normal. Here is Tom's post on the subject:

Originally posted by AGD
    LVL 10 Users,

I have read all the posts for residual pressure and the results make sense.

The bolt acts like a cork holding back pressure in a bottle. When you fire the marker the air pressure pushes out the "cork" BUT the mainspring is now holding the cork in with more force than before. This results in more residual pressure in the system.

In other words the fact that the LVL10 mod causes your gun to stop shooting abruptly at the end of the tank and the gun holds more residual pressure is the result of the same thing. This is all caused by the stronger mainspring.

My personal opinion is that removing a macro line from a fitting is a poor choice to degass a gun. I would recomend everyone use some type of degassing fitting to loose all the pressure before dissasembly. Most people with screw in tanks will not have a problem. The others will just have to get a degassing fitting because this effect is a normal part of the LVL 10 operation.

We didn't see it here because we use degassers on our lines. Overall I see this as the only hiccup so far in the LVL 10 testing.

I should warn everyone that the Retro Valve and RT Valve will hold residual pressure even with the air source removed. You should NEVER remove your valve and mainbody together and then pull out the valve. This can cause the on/off assembly to shoot out at high speed. By removing the valve while the mainbody is still attached to the rail the system will degass properly. This is the best reason to NOT ADJUST YOUR TRIGGER ROD!!

Besides this I don't have any other solutions to the residual pressure problem. You just can't shoot it down to nothing with this new setup.

AGD

Hey Hitech your starting to sound like me! - AGD
    Hitech is the man.... - Blennidae
    The only Hitech Lubricant