Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Missouri AO meet? Anyone?

Missouri AO Meet! Feb 22!

TWO Missouri AO Days in the works! Come one, Come all!

CURRENT INFO:

FEB AO DAY

FEB AO DAY

Battle Creek Paintball, www.battlecreekpaintball.com
    PRICES: Avoid the rush & save. Prepaid entry is $10.00 and $60/70 for a case of paint (Diablo)
    Walk on Entry is $30.00 and $70.00 for a case of paint.

PREPAID DEADLINE IS FEB 17! BEYOND THIS POINT YOU CAN'T CHOOSE SIDES. MAKE SURE YOU SAY YOU'RE WITH THE AO GROUP SO THEY PUT YOU ON THE UN TEAM.

Coordinator/Host: Tack!

SCENARIO:

The threat of a nuclear detonation is worse than ever. After the fall of the Soviet Union, several small republics have controlled their arsenals of nuclear weapons. Now, a Far Left Extremist Group has seized a warhead and plan to detonate after launch from Siberia. The prevailing winds will carry the fall out toward the western seaboard and across the Americas. The UN has launched Operation: Frozen Arse. A specialized multi-national task force has been detached to locate and disarm the warhead. They must be stopped at all cost.

GAME FORMAT:

The playing area for the game will include all of Battle Creek's playing fields except for the speedball courses. All the wooded fields, lagoon area, The Compound, and all the land in between. The entire perimeter has been marked with yellow caution tape and will be in play. Players will be able to reenter the game after being eliminated every twenty minutes. The actual game set up and rules will be posted soon. The game will began with the Red Team as the UN Force (aggressor) and the Blue Team in defensive position as the Extremist Group for the first three hours (10am -1pm) After lunch break, we will switch sides and roles. The points earned in either capacity will be cumulative and totaled after both segments with a winner declared after the tally

TIMES:

Registration begins at 7 AM
    Player Orientation at 9 AM
    Game Starts at 10 AM
    Lunch Break at 1 PM
    Switch Sides and Resume play at 2PM
    Game Ends at 5PM

Scores and Awards at 5:30 PM.

WHO:

AO people and the famous German Tank General from Oklahoma D-Day, Bill Bailey, will be attending the game with one possibly two of his mock tanks. He and his crew will operate their tanks for the UN Forces during each segment of the game. Plus, Battle Creek will be operating an armored dune buggy fitted with a dual missile launcher for the Extremist group

MISC:

You can prepay by calling Battle Creek at 573-642-7246. Rick or Ed will fill out a receipt and mail it to you for conformation.

AO is the UN (Red) team. Rick said that would be no problem. He only asks that we prepay so we can have a better head count as well as know how much paint to buy.

Also, If it is too hard for you to make it to the field by 9AM, Kingdom City has several hotels. They are about 10 min. from the fields.

FOOD MENUS:

Food will be sold during the game. Check out the website for the full menu. I’m too lazy to type it all out.

Now that you've read all that.....skip to the end of the thread and you have all the info you need!
    Last edited by ShooterJM; 02-11-2003 at 12:05 PM.

I'm from the kansas city area...
    drop me a pm if you wanna talk about
    possably getting one together

I'm in Rolla for school, and near St. Louis back home. If your gonna do springfield do during next semester

My granparents live in Rolla and i know what college your talking about..
    its nice

Hey stop in Johnny Smoke Stacks BBQ

My grandpa owns that restaraunt, pm me about it

<-- Saint Louis myself ... willing to travel a small distance to play.

Aaron
    Team Managed Aggression, Missouri Paintball

Pround owner of a 2003 Shocker, and AO.org user ... an almost unheard of combo.

"Love, Peace, and Shonen Knife!"
    AOLIM - lopxtc

I live in the Columbia/Jeff City area, I am willing to travel as long as it's not more than a couple of hours. I will however make a suggestion of my field in Kingdom City. It is almost half way between St. Louis and Kansas City. It's Called Battle Creek Paintball, we have several wooded fields, two speedball fields, and a bunch of old house trailers hooked togather to form the compound. It's really cool. If you all are interested let me know, I can work things out with the owners. Check it out at www.battlecreekpaintball.com.
    Don't try running, you will only give me a better story!

Accuracy by Skill!!
    Intimidation by Volume!!!

Proud member of The Militia

Proud member of Team Tactical Markers

My Feed BAck

another go for an mo ao would be awsome, being as the last one was me, tack, chilled, doobie and his girl, lol not sucha great turn out. kingdom city would be cool to do too being as is kindly half way for every one. if it were to be durning the next school semester(after january) i would more than deffinatly be in, and i may be able drag a friend along too.
    mmfcl JUGGALOS!!

well, i was just pm'ing agdjon about doing this in st.louis (actually 20 minutes away from downtown in illinois)i was thinking around easter, we have an easter big game at our field. www.xtremepaintballpark.com it is usally the weekend before easter, we have great fun and actually have plastic easter eggs with small prizes and candy spread around the field. i can work out a price deal for AO'ers. so what does everyone think? i can set a date within 2 weeks and start working on getting the word out. i could also get my team Total Greif involved as a co-host. i'm ready if other people are!
    Shane-O

p.s. Tack, tell bill bailey i said HI!
    I have nothing good to put here...........

Cool!

Spring sounds good. Isn't Easter in April? If we give it that much time we should probably go ahead to build it up in Illinois and surrounding states as well. But that's cool.

Xtreme looks pretty cool, and I wasn't able to open Battlecreeks website.

I'm not sure how far people are willing to drive, but unless there's a decent illinois presence then Battlecreek would probably be a bit more centered for most people.

Anybody want to take the lead on this? I'll do whatever it takes to help out, but being out of state kinda limits me.

The is a pretty new Indoor field in Rolla (very central to all of MO). Its call Outerlimits.

That could be a great place to have a AO Meet.

Scorch

So far we have Rolla, Kingdom city, St. Louis as possible sights.

Lets see if we can get some more people involved, if you want to try and get your field to host the sight, talk to the owners, and list it here. in about a week or so we could post a pole with all the fields and let the members who want to go vote. Try and get the field's web sight if they have one, that way we all can look at eachother's fields and make a choice.

So far we have
    Battle Creek Paintball, www.battlecreekpaintball.com
    Extreme Paintball Park, www.xtremepaintballpark.com
    Outer limits in Rolla, No web sight as of yet.

I'm totally down for a MO AO meet. We talked about doing another one awhile back but it kind of fell by the wayside. I agree, I think Battle Creek would be the best choice as well. I mean, I live in KC and we have some great fields here, but that would mean people driving here. I really wouldn't want to drive all the way to St. Louis to go to Xtreme, so it's not real fair to ask the St. Louis' AO'ers to come to KC. I say we go with Battle Creek and get a date picked out. I can come, as well as a few of my teammates and a couple of my female friends from Columbia that want to play. I'll help set this up in whatever way I can, just let me know.

Sounds good.

Tack, I agree. Just post up information on each field, and any applicable discounts if there are people who have connections.

The more central the better.

Battle Creek holds open play on Saturdays and Sundays but we can always get a reff and have a AO only day. Last meet we did we ended up not haveing enough players to play by ourselves so we played open play. It was still fun and it's what ever everyone wants.

I'll give this about a week or so to see if anyone else wants to throw their $.02 in, and get the vote for location and date up. personally I like the spring but it has to be early march, or late april. My first baby is due around Apr. 7, so that time is occupied.

i live near st. louis and might be able to attend a MO ao meet.
    shut up and laysomepaint

where are doobie and ice-chilled? they would proly go too.
    if we can get enough ppl to go we should go for a privite game though, that would be sweet.

how about this.......$15, including all day air! (bring your own paint). i was trying to attract chicago people also (6hrs away) agdjon said he might come down. maybe we can get Tom K down here also. we can do a private thing or do the big game thing. our big games arent that large though, like 50-100 people. but truth be told, i am going to have an AO meet at our field, it just that when to have it that is in the air.
    Shane-O

I edited the first post with the current info (that I can tell)

Im in for this ... havent played here since the Prairie State Games. Be nice to play there again.

Aaron

Originally posted by Shane-O-Mac
    how about this.......$15, including all day air! (bring your own paint). i was trying to attract chicago people also (6hrs away) agdjon said he might come down. maybe we can get Tom K down here also. we can do a private thing or do the big game thing. our big games arent that large though, like 50-100 people. but truth be told, i am going to have an AO meet at our field, it just that when to have it that is in the air.
    Shane-O

^^
    Up!

I'm interested

I'm in KC now... moved here in June and haven't had a chance to play much, so I don't really know any good fields around here. I'll be moving again at some point ... by the middle of next year, but if it's before then and I manage to be in town that weekend I'm game.

-giant
    being tall is good, except when you're the last one on your team and stuck behind the smallest bunker on the field.

Tack,

I've already mentioned this to Rick in the past as a possability. He was all for it. That would just leave us with the details.
    Good Traders: Tubby Ninja

Originally posted by Scootyd
    Tack,

I've already mentioned this to Rick in the past as a possability. He was all for it. That would just leave us with the details.
    Is this Rick guy affiliated with BattleCreek or Xtreme?

Are there many AOer's in Illinois? I guess before we go much further we should determine if there is any intrest on that side of the state. Anyone want to start an illinois thread and see if we can get any interest there?

Rick is the owner of Battle Creek in Kingdom City. His actual response was that It would be good to have an AO get together. He said maybe it would help give mags a push. At battle creek Tack and myself are the two main mag heads. We catch a lot of flack but I try to and know that Tack does, preach the mag faith. Tack will pretty much put his e-mag in the hands of anyone that's wondering what it's about.

Too True, and usually I have to fight to get it back. There have been alot of neysayers feel the fury of my mag on the field as well.

I also talked to Rick about it in the past and he said it is cool.

Not to point any blame but the reasion the last AO meet fizzled out was that everyone wanted to have it at their own field so they didn't have to drive any where. I have stated before that I am willing to travle to KC or STL. However if we can't get a concicnsis about where to play this thread will die like the last one.

I'll try PMing Ice Child and Dooby about it since I havn't seen them on this thread yet.

Well, what are we looking at for field fee, all day air and paint (or is it byop) at battle creek?

At this point I think battle creek is more central location, and if the owner's cool, all the better.

If we can get the above information we should take a vote here by the end of the week.

or something like that....

Battle Creek does appear to be at the midpoint between StL and KC. I suggested Xtreme last time but it looks like there is more statewide interest this time.

I still think Outerlimits is a great choice because its indoor and they have a nice facility (nice staging area, lunch counter, and nice staff). Its relatively central.

Scorch

I've dropped Rick at Battle Creek an e-mail and will stop by the shop after work tonight. I will give you guys the prices once I get them.

Originally posted by Scorch
    Battle Creek does appear to be at the midpoint between StL and KC. I suggested Xtreme last time but it looks like there is more statewide interest this time.

I still think Outerlimits is a great choice because its indoor and they have a nice facility (nice staging area, lunch counter, and nice staff). Its relatively central.

Scorch
    Cool, well if it's local to you, can you get a website or any other information? Especially price lists and pictures. I'll try to find a website or phone number or something.

I just called them for pricing...

Field+Air for players with markers is $15 and includes 200 paintballs

Players needing rental gear pay $20

Paint is FPO. Its Worr Games:
    $53 Practice
    $55 Competition
    $65 Domination

The phone number is 573-368-5300 (Jason or Justin)

They are emailing me pics on Monday. I understand their fields are now sup'air and There is or will be an outdoor field also.

Scorch