Thread: Take a look at this odd Mag...

Post Take a look at this odd Mag...

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1181304422 I have never seen anyrthing like this, seems strange, what do u think it does? Does it sound logical for it to do that? Just wondering Thanks for reading

i dont know but that is one awesome gun as i see it.

Would that actualy work. AGD would it?

I agree fully, i just have never seen anything like this.

E=Mag MAN Guest

beautiful and if i could get that under 400 dont have money im going to cry because i just spent 895 on e mag when i half price go something very close

Sure it would. I seem to recall Glenn Palmer suggesting that setup, but with a Stabilizer (in fact, he said you would just need to have the AIR wide open, but gutting it is better). I know that some guys do that with Intimidator HPRs, as well, and Punisher has a Desert Fox that's had its internal reg gutted. The Fox, in particular, now works easily as well as it did before, but at a noticeably lower pressure.

Actually, AGD has before stated that the reason shootdown occures in mags is the AIR reg itself not flowing enough. This might actually work well... Personally I have never noticed any shootdown and I do regularly shoot about 10bps...

oh well

-Booyah

This is why most on/off after market things don't work. It's not the bottle neck. The bottle neck for regulated air systems has always been the regulators themselves. That's why the newer tanks with high flow regs are in such demand. The reg on the back of a mag can only work so fast. That's why the RT was invented, it regulates as it fills, not before, saving precious seconds in the recharge rate. If the on/off was a bottle neck the the RT would starve off too. The RT on/off is slightly different that the standard AIR but it doesn't have very much more space around it to let air though.

I wonder what are Tom's thoughts on this...Thanks for reading and replying if you do

yes that would work. . . i'm not sure if it was on this board that i mentioned my exploits into that area. I will soon be attempting a set-up simular to that. Except not as flashy of course. And i'll be using an air-america Vigilante reg =) wish me luck =)

thats a far better reg than the 'ergo' which as i understand is just an adjustable wgp? yeah ive been meaning to do the same since m.a.s.s. did it...think it was him anyway.

Actually guys, shoot down is not caused by a bottleneck in the rear of the AIR valve. If one does occur it is at the on/off. Earlier AIR valves sometimes had a problem with the alignment of the holes in the rear. That is what made "8-hole mods" so popular. With any level 7 mag this is unneccessary.

I see proof of this in the RT valve. One of the major factors in the RT valve being able to cycle so much faster than the standard Mag valve is that the on/off is completely redesigned. If you look at the rear portion of both valves they are VERY similar. If a hollowed out rear chamber was essential to eliminating shootdown don't you think the RT would have to have one? After all, it cycles 26 times per second.

The fact of the matter is a stock mag AIR is capable of cycling at least 13 times per second without shootdown. I have seen this demonstrated many times with Hyperframe equipped Mags. What is usually perceived as "shootdown" is usually the result of shortstroking or a mechanical problem in the valve or air source.

Not to say this set-up would not work just fine. However, I doubt it offers any real improvement over the stock AIR.

A vertical feed minimag?? ummm wouldent you have nasty blowback? Cuz it dosent have the new bolt like the RT pro and the E-Mag. Plus I personally like powerfeed more. But it is a pretty sweet gun.

------------------
    PF Black Teflon automag
    10" dye stainless/14" BoomStick
    benchmark double trigger
    68/4500 Armageddon
    PMI Perfect drop foreward
    DYE Stickies

well my friend maxed out who is a member in these boards did an experiment that worked just like that almost. he took out the internals in the back part of his valve and decided to make a cap for it. you need an adjustable air system but thats no problem. we machined a cap to put in there and were gonna cut down the rail and make the maglite but he got a retro so now the cap is just sittin in his tool box. the cap works perfectly and his gun kicked popsicles with it on the normal valve.

[This message has been edited by Army (edited 08-24-2001).]

There have been other posts here that were about removing the internals of the AIR and using a Palmer Stabilizer to regulate the pressure. Palmer also has this information on their website. It is suppose to eliminate shootdown all together.

I am going to test it with my mag as soon as I can get to a field. Another user here (I think it was M-A-S-Driver) did this experiment with great results.

The reg is the restrictor not the on/off. Go to Deep blue and read what Tom says here:
    https://www.automags.org/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000037.html
    The RT recharges faster because it bypasses the regulator and regulates the air as it fills the chamber.
    Regulators are almost always the weak link in air systems.
    I agree that the stock AIR valve actually recharges faster than most people think. There are usually other things causing problems if there is major shootdown.

Okay. the on/off does restrict airflow, causing shootdown. sure there's a lot of factors to figure in, but the most restrictive parts would be regulators and on/offs. the mag is actually set up WONDERFULLY. blowback wouldnt be bad at all. stick a barrel plug into your barrel, hold your hand over the powerfeed, you feel blowback. now take that out, and you feel NOTHING. same on classics. you feel NO air coming back up. mags dont create much interference like you may think. ive got my classic set up much like this. ive taken out the reg pin, spring, and seat, and left it empty. you unscrew my halves, she's got nothing in there. i run a 68 preset into a palmer stabilizer, and adjust my input through that. sorry AGD, while your regs ARE some of the best, my palmer was a bit more stable. i get 2-4 fps fluctiation, regularly now. i have my first shot BAD after i gas up. always is bad. then the next three make 2 feet fluctuations. i see now shootdown, of course i may fire 8 shots a second max, n9ot a heavy fire guy, but i still see zero. all balls fly one after the other straight. if im longballing a bunker, they fall in a 1 foot pattern at most. jsut a thought on why this would be a great mag. and its sweeter with the hyperframe. heck yeah.

------------------
    Midwest Highschool Paintball League
    Team Captain, Dark Matter

"The Mad Painter"
    CF 61270
    Custom Chrome Body Classic Automag
    12" Custom Brass Barrel
    SP Wood Grips
    NitroDuck 68/3000 psi
    Palmer Female Stabilizer

Red face

ok lets leave it at this you really dont need to do anything to the mag unless your GOD and can shoot 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 BPS!!!!!!!!! like i can also do lol not quite but anyways i love my mag and if you can only win with the spray and pray method then you need to jet down K-Mart and pick your self up a Big-Anodized can of skill!!!!

[This message has been edited by Army (edited 08-24-2001).]

Army if you're not careful people are going to start using foul language just to see what new funny -Gnomish Cheese Whiz- you come up with!