Thread: Tom and Me. A story about misgduied Paintballers and finding the secrets of life.

20 z-grips coming? Is this a pretty solid number?

Shag, just wondering what fields you normally play at. I'm at Fireball Mountain for their Super Sunday all the time.

Shag,

I'm sorry things were so crazy at the tournament. The smaller the event the less time people spend there so a bunch of things happen in a day and a half. Nice talking with you and hope you had a nice time at the event.

AGD

Hi,

well I call EMR Paintball in New Milford PA home now. I have played every field in NJ. fireball Mountain was probably one of the better fields I have played. Top Gun and Fireball Mountian are about as far as EMR for me. I believe Top Gun is 1 35 and FB MT is 1 45. EMR is about 2 hours give or take.

overall, I just don't the attitude with NJ's paintball scene. I use to play NJPC regularly but I had a major falling out with them after I woke up and realized what was going on in the world. I really don't want to get into details about it. ET paintball is like 10 minutes away from me but there is somehting about it. Any field in West Milford is 45 minutes. I saw Dave of Paintball Depot at the event. I like dave but I don t like his pricing. He is way too high like most in NJ.

Pricing in NJ

NJPC upped thier on the spot case price from 127 to 138 for 2000 or 92 a case on "walk on days". 25 to walk on or 10 on the

Top Gun 95 40 for a case of 2000 I think the last time i played it. 15 to walk on

Paintball Depot $25 to play 125 a case unless he dropped which I doubt.

ABC is kinda cool if you like Speedball all day. I know a few people who go there.

ET who the heck knows no one seems to know there for somereason. I went there once and it was 6 to play the one day and 15 the next. Case of paint same thing.

Fireball MT. I like the BYOP on Sundays but like i said too far. 10 to play is not bad with air pass. However last time Iwent down ther and needed paint it was on the crappy side. But then again I think I paid 70 bucks for a case of RPS Prem 2500 or something. The fields are nice and small but movable.

EMR works for me. It's 10 bucks a day for player's weekend. $40 for the whole weekend if it s an event. He has good filling capacity. 18 a weekend for an air pass or 10 a day. Case of 2000 Blaze is 80 If I go for the day, I spend about $140 total for the entire day including gas to get there, lunch and dinner sometimes. Plus the other factor is my girlfriend. She likes EMR for the laid back and friendly people. She is recognized by some of the refs and Blue. You can find me at Blue's for all the big events. I don't do the scenarios by other people, I like his big events like Castle conquest.

Later,
    Alan

------------------
    Paintball cannot be that big. No one has really been able to sponsor a stock car or a race yet. (local people do not count in this case )

Hi tom,

It was nice being in your presence that's all. I knew what I was getting into. That's why I was content. Otherwise, it would be definately be nice to meet in different circumstances.

later,
    Alan

------------------
    Paintball cannot be that big. No one has really been able to sponsor a stock car or a race yet. (local people do not count in this case )

An indoor speedball field was supposed to be built in Somerville...but got shut down, actually the township stopped building... ...I usually play at Topgun, it is about 1 hour and 30 minutes from me...or I just play on the field on my property...

Wish I could have come to AC...plane still being serviced

------------------
    ~Bub~

"It ain't braggin' if you can back it up."
    -Dizzy Dean

I took me three hours to get there myself. And I got there about the same time on saturday.

Actually I was undecided if I was going to go at all. But something at work broke and I had to go fix that, and it's almost halfway to AC from there... So I rationalized and brought my wife. (I told her it was at a horse track, one that she's raced at. I've since been told it's seen better days

I had no idea what to expect, I'd never to been to a tourny before. I've done, Big games, Rec ball and outlaw ball, but this event didn't seem very fun. It looked like work to me. It felt like work.

I almost stopped by and talked to Tom Kaye, but he looked busy and I didn't feel like interrupting him for "Hi, I think your guns design is great... I own a few... Did I mention you're some kind of pneumatic god to me? ... Uh that's it, bye"

------------------
    Shaun Nelson --- old, fat, slow.... did I mention lazy?
    Brass Eagle .68 Pistol... It's pure fear in a easily cracked plastic housing.

Hey, at least you guys got to meet him.

I got there Sunday hoping Tom was going to be there.
    He wasn't. He was already back on the plane to IL.

Doh!

Oh well.
    At least I picked up a sweet new IntelliFrame...

hey u got to talk to him in person for 10 minutes?? Did he touch your gun??!! no im just joking i would like to meat tom though...wish he would've come to the seattle Pan Am but cant be in 2 places at once. Oh, and you say that was a small event?? you listed about twice as many vendors as i have ever seen at a tourney, guess i dont get out much. lol cya

Talking Tom and Me. A story about misgduied Paintballers and finding the secrets of life.

Hi,

Well I finally got to the NPPL event at AC at 3 PM. I dealt with 4 hours of traffic which was the result of 6 different accidents on the GSP.
    The event was fairly small. Several people were set up as vendors. Shocktech and WDP were probably the biggest people there size wise with lay out. There were a number smaller vendor lay outs. Airgun Designs, Crossfire, First Shot/Paintball Junkies (some kind of distribution deal went down with PJ and this First Shot), Worr Game Products, Smart Parts, Some team photo company, a barrcade company and WDP all comprised the main vendor tent. Diablo had a small compound of tents set up for them, a DJ, and Centerflag Products. This compound was set up in between the main vendor and Shocktech. Shocktech was on the other side of the Diablo compound. They had an E mag Extreme prototype and several shocktech cockers. Other people included a food stand, NPS trailer, paint trailers, and a shirt vendor. There were 3 fields sporting the Diablo sup air bunkers and a small bleachers section.
    Well my girlfriend and I arrived to the event about 3 PM. We checked out the vendors near the parking lot area. Once we say there was something to come back to we went to look for the AGD table. AGD's table was right as soon as you walked into the tent. Tom, Rob and the crew were hard at work installing a number of new Warp Feed systems. For the two hours I was there at the table, about 12 warps were being installed and other problems being fixed. Tom had a number of Intelli frames for sale. However, one of the coller items stil remained in the box of fun, the pump kits.
    sicne time is short and i have to run here is the wind up, out of the 2 hours I was there I got to talk to Tom for about a total of 10 minutes if that. Just as soon as we were getting our conversation going, Tom did get intererupted about the SFL E mag prototypes he had on the table or some friend of his. Tom did mention the fact he was hoping to meet more of the AOers here and paid great thanks to us for designing and giving input on to the AGD products. I also had my Retro valve looked at and tuned. While at the table, I also got a chance to fire AGD Rob's E mag. That sucker is sweet! However, I would have liked to been able to speak to Tom a bit more indepth and for a longer time span. Anyone who has not met Tom, meet him. He is really a great guy.
    Otehr notes, I will have a post with a pic of the defuncted Pump Kit. They realy do make good foregrips. Also Tom was locating us supplies of Z grips. We might has as many as 20 coming to the forum.

Well sorry for the edit, Return buttons suck,
    Alan

[This message has been edited by SHAG (edited 08-26-2001).]