Thread: Micro-line/Macro-line which is better for a mag

Post Micro-line/Macro-line which is better for a mag

This is said by Mr. Crowley on PBnation.com

Micro-line (This works better than Macro-line b/c a mag works on high pressure low volume, Macro-line does the exact opposite providing high vluma at a lower pressure.)

Is this true? Tom is a smart guy he must know!

When set at 800psi, I think that the output pressure of your tank regulator will fill up either size hose with 800psi of air(if your tank has that much pressure in it). I had a gas through grip on my regular automag and it seemed to do fine, even though there was this really big part of the "hose" so get whatever.
    Let it be known there are some that swear by macro or stainless and you would have to ask them why.

Well, as far as I am concerend that is total BS. Personally I don't like either..steel braid all the way.

As long as you are not starving the gun, the volume of air makes no difference.

------------------
    Jason "Muzikman" Beam
    • 68 Automag
      68 Automag (Pumpmag) w/ 6-Pak+
      Automag RT
      Sydarm

http://www.pittsburgh-music.com/paintball

I've had nothing but problems with micro-line. If it's hooked up to an expansion chamber or a gas-thru foregrip, and you turn the foregrip/chamber at all, you pinch the line and air starts spewing out of the ASA.

Exclamation

1 word MACRO!!!!!! lol anyways thats what im using and it works great so far looks cool and is smaller than stainless steal hose...Macro over micro beacuase the mag runs on a pretty high presure and i heard that micro was only rated for about 500 psi and that macro was rated for about 1000 psi and also i was at a field one day and this kid screwed in his tank and his micro line kinded popped and it started flapping around pretty hard and gave him some pretty nice slashings on his arms lol... Stay away from that micro stuff but hey thats my oppinion...Hope i helped!!

------------------
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_
    -Automag-
    classic
    -Intelliframe-(soon)
    12" 32° Carbon
    16oz Co2
    CP lightning DF
    Macro Lines
    _ _ _ _____________ _ _ _
    If you can only win by using the spray and pray method then you need to jet down to K-Mart and pick your self up a Big-A$$ can of skill!!!!~ME~
    -------------------------
    Run fast,Slide Low,Shoot Straight
    -------------------------
    Accuracy Prevails over Speed
    -------------------------------------------------
    Oh yeah check this place out it's super funny
    www.stickballmovies.com

MACRO is all i use. I love the quickness of it and also the strength. As far as which is actually better it is up to you. I will say that since i traded my microo for macro i have had no shoot down (non-noticable) in 5 months, including rain, cold and using co2 (w/x-chamber).

Most MACRO line is rated to around 500 psi WORKING pressure, and 2,000 psi BURST pressure. Having said that, I used macro on my Retro Mag (on air) for a while, and had no problems at all in any sense.

I currently run braided hose on my E-Mag, but am thinking of going back to macro for a small weight savings.

Overall, braided line is the most high-performance and safest solution. Its downsides are cost, less flexibility in trimming to correct length, and weight.

[This message has been edited by FaSSt (edited 08-26-2001).]

i run steel braid...never let me down so no need to change...

------------------
    ~Bub~

"It ain't braggin' if you can back it up."
    -Dizzy Dean

i've ran them all, i hate stainless cause it's ugly, big, heavy(not really noticable) and it's way more of a pain. they all flow enough air. my friend shoots his e-mag on micro @ blazing speeds just fine, no starving, the macro is better cause it comes in colors and it's easier to take off your gun for stripping and such. but nothing can beat good ol' hardline. i need some.

------------------
    mag needed!!!

this one goes out to the kids who drove 6 hours in a stolen car and missed the tourney!!!!

is it wrong to want to shoot you just so that i can hear the splats hit your goggles?

I use hardline from my vert adaptor to the retro reg.

And I use macro from the air system to the gas-thru. I'm gonna go back to SS braided. Although SS only comes in certain lengths. The thing about macro is that you've got to cut just enough length so that the ends will seal up against the o-ring properly or else you will get leaks. And that it isn't too long in that the hose bends so hard that it becomes more of a pain trying to put it in or take it off.

I'd stay away from Micro.

i use micro and it works fine, ive never had one blow. It comes in colors too, i have red micro line on my red night micromag. The gun doesn't starve for air or anything, it works great.

Thumbs down

I have had many problems with micro. I can't really blame it on the line itself but the fittings was where I had problems. I had several blowouts, one of which shot the metal piece that makes the end of the fitting into my leg. Hurt like hell! Maybe it was just the fittings I got. Anyway I use macro now and haven't had any problems.

use micro all the time. its nice and small, easy to keep out of the way or bend.