Thread: A suggestion for paintball...

Post A suggestion for paintball...

Would it be possible for paintball to get its own TV station? I mean, if there is a GOLF channel there should definately be a paintball channel.

shartley Guest

No, sorry. The paintball industry seems reluctant to spring for decent advertisement for the industry as a whole for public awareness.... a TV station would be much more costly.

Then you would have to fill the station with programming. This also takes money.

Golf on the other hand has some major money floating around. There is also no shortage of golf footage and programming to use.

Totally different sport. Yes it is less "active", but it is much more lucrative.

------------------
    “The richest man is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least.”
    (darn typos)

[This message has been edited by shartley (edited 08-27-2001).]

some field in NoVA with a ton of pods ready to be dumped

IMO, i do not think paintball will ever be on TV. After all the school shootings and such, most Americans see paintball as a bad thing because it involves guns. People are like, "OMG, kids are running around shootings guns?!". Most other sports that involves guns, you shoot at objects or other animals, unlike paintball, your running around tryng to shoot each other. Plus there just isn't enough people playing paintball at this time.

The Golf industry is a 12BILLION dollar industry. Paintball isn't nearly that big of an industry.

How much programming would there be to put on the channel. To have 24/7 programming you need alot of programs, there simply wouldn't be enough.

------------------
    "A Hungarian mob realized that to be in power, you didn't need money, guns, or even numbers. All you need was the will to do what the other guy wouldn't. When they come in power, they go after Soze. They break into his house, and Soze comes home to find his wife and his kids screaming. Soze then showed them what will really was..."

-Verbal Kint

The Usual Suspects

Yep - last year I think paintball came up as a ONE billion dollar industry. I guess if we grow 12x as much - we may be as cool as golf.

------------------
    Webmaster - AutoMags.Org
    webmaster@automags.org

Weapon of Choice - "Mr. Orange" Orange/Yellow Fade E-Mag w/WarpFeed and 3000psi 88cui Flatline
    ----------------------
    "Good...bad...I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash, Army of Darkness

Good Ole Amish Country, or just outside of lancaster PA

what about OJO DE AQUA aka splatter factor? that is on tv soon!

Um, what exactly is 'Splatter Factor' And another thing, you would get all these 2nd-amendment-robbing hippies trying to get rid of paintball once they see it. I'm already fighting to keep firearms, I hope paintball isn't next.

Yeah lots of wealthy people play golf so the golf industry gets a lot of $. The people who play paintball typically aren't as rich.

Plus there aren't as many guns in the high end price range like there is golf. Example: in golf there is big dogs such as Titleist, Callaway, Taylor Made, Adams, etc. that are selling golf equipment in the same upper end price range. Which are continually trying to be the best with all their new products. In the paintball industry, there is the WDP and AGD(with the Emag) that are selling the top of the line guns. They don't frantically search for the newest way to top the other's latest product. They both are doing advertising, but other than that someone who has the money doesn't have much to think about to get what they would consider the best gun for them.
    Plus, like Shartley said, you would have to fill it with programming. There is only maybe one tournament that would be broadcast each week to fill time, which only takes a fraction of the time that a golf tourney does.
    Still, it would be great to maybe see an extreme sports channel start up that could include biking, skating, paintball, etc.