Thread: Freak Tip Sizes and Types (by request)

Post Freak Tip Sizes and Types (by request)

OK...I was asked by Ken to show the 12 inch All American Freak tip. I believe this is a 12 inch AA (even though a bit longer than a 12 inch tear drop but it is shorter than a 14 inch tear drop). But Freak tips on the mag have little relation to normal Barrel sizing due to the multiple Gun application of the Freak Tips. So we shall demonstrate that so you can make the right choice of tip length to get close to the actual barrel length that you wanted. This picture shows what were represented to be a 14 inch Tear Drop (top one) 12 inch AA (middle one) and a 12 inch tear drop (bottom one). You will note the variation in the two listed as 12 inch.

It is my conclusion that if you like a 11 to 12 inch barrel you could get a 10 inch tip. 13 to 14 inch barrel? Then get the 12 inch tip and so on. That 14 inch tip gives you a 15 1/2 inch total barrel. Make sure you correct those differences so that you will end up with what size barrel you realy want on the mag.

Here are some of them put together on the Mag base with the yard stick to give you an idea.

This first one you will note is the 12 inch AA on the base. Notice the length of the barrel where it would protrude from the Mag body (just in front of the second O ring)would be about 11 1/2 inches.

Now here is the 12 inch Tear Drop in the base (note the one inch shorter than a AA 12 inch tip or 10 1/2 inches would stick out of the front of the Mag body):

And lastly the 14 inch Tear Drop front installed into the Freak Base (12 1/2 inches out in front of body):

[This message has been edited by cphilip (edited 08-27-2001).]

Originally posted by cphilip:
    That 14 inch tip gives you a 15 1/2 inch total barrel. That will put you close to what you want on the mag.

Geez dude...15 1/2 is close...last I checked a longer barrel is unconfirmed overkill...check Warpig on that one, I believe the best recommended length on a mag is 11"....TOM can you add some to this? Even the mags in tourneys use no more than a 14" for back players. I play all positions, and use 12" barrels. I have 1 14" and dont see any difference between my 12"AA and my 14"AA.

just my $.02 anyways..

cya

------------------
    PsychoMag..."Dogger"
    RTP00440, Benchmark Offset Adj. HPA Cradle, Pro-Connect, 12"AA, 12"DYE SS, 12"Boomie, 14"JJ Ceramic, 68/4500 NitroDuck Tuffy, 12Revvie, Warp.
    Team ArchAngels
    www.angelfire.com/extreme2/archangels"
    No Skill, No Talent, All Heart" ~ Oh Pawlak

Sorry PsychoMag! I edited those two sentences and the stuff ended up right next to each other and so they ended up out of sequence in my coments. I was reffereing to making sure you allowed for the differences in the tips sizes. But somehow it seems like I was recommending that size barrel. Forgive me. I would not attempt to recommend any one a size. That's personal preference. I'll go back and try to make some sense of it.

Now it reads: Make sure you correct those differences so that you will end up with what size barrel you realy want on the mag.

Added on edit. OK I went back added the stuff I left out to be a bit better as to what I was trying to say...

[This message has been edited by cphilip (edited 08-27-2001).]

Not sure what to say just needed to comment on every freak post I could find.
    Hitmanng

(the following is a shameless misuse of power) I love the Freak. I love the Freak. I LOVE THE FREAK!!!! signed Hitmanng.

WOW I guess I must be losing my mind! TO much caffine and too little sleep I warned you guys. Newbie hitmanng

------------------
    Issha zetsumei -- The original "one shot, one kill"

[This message has been edited by cphilip (edited 08-28-2001).]

[This message has been edited by hitmanng (edited 08-28-2001).]