Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Lukes Mini on a Sydarm

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Qatar
    Posts
    170

    Lukes Mini on a Sydarm

    Got the frame for a pump build, but now I am having serious second thoughts... (about putting it on the pump and not keeping it on the Sydarm ) I think I will have to get another one for the pump :P



    Sorry for the miss-communication. Worked in my head when I said it :P But am very seriously considering putting that frame onto my Sydarm in stead of what I originally had in mind and getting a second one. They are really great.
    Last edited by MAGpie; 11-02-2014 at 01:11 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Dayton OH
    Posts
    776
    doesn't really make sense to me to have a vert frame on a pistol, unless you keep the pistol right in front of your face all the time instead of at arms length while firing. if it's comfortable shooting with it for you, then i guess that's all that matters though.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sebring, Florida
    Posts
    809
    Sweet ,...Now if Luke will *86 a single frame for us guys with full figure hands....?
    I took the road least traveled...now where the hell am I ?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Qatar
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    doesn't really make sense to me to have a vert frame on a pistol, unless you keep the pistol right in front of your face all the time instead of at arms length while firing. if it's comfortable shooting with it for you, then i guess that's all that matters though.
    Sense? Pah, sense if for humans. All I know is that it's shiny and looks cool 5

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,827
    Quote Originally Posted by MAGpie View Post
    Got the frame for a pump build, but now I am having serious second thoughts...
    What do you not like about it, design or feel?

    When I designed these two frames my intent was to make a frame that looked like something AGD would make, that said I think it fits.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    doesn't really make sense to me to have a vert frame on a pistol, unless you keep the pistol right in front of your face all the time instead of at arms length while firing. if it's comfortable shooting with it for you, then i guess that's all that matters though.
    Personally I think itís more natural of a grip position than a 45 grip at any arm length.

    Quote Originally Posted by Runamok View Post
    Sweet ,...Now if Luke will *86 a single frame for us guys with full figure hands....?
    This frame has a tad more grip real estate than an intelli, where is it coming up short for you? I have large hands (not XL) and it feels a tad large in my hand.

    Not sure I would do a redesign but I'm interested in the feed back. Hope this is not hijacking the thread.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Qatar
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    What do you not like about it, design or feel?
    Ha ha, I love it! That's why its not going on to the pump (the 2nd thoughts) and staying on the Sydarm


    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Personally I think it’s more natural of a grip position than a 45 grip at any arm length.
    I agree.


    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    This frame has a tad more grip real estate than an intelli, where is it coming up short for you? I have large hands (not XL) and it feels a tad large in my hand.

    Not sure I would do a redesign but I'm interested in the feed back. Hope this is not hijacking the thread.
    Go right ahead! These frames are great. I have really big hands (and feet), 6"4' gets you that. And for me these frames just fits snug. They are REALLY comfy.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,827
    Quote Originally Posted by MAGpie View Post
    Ha ha, I love it! That's why its not going on to the pump (the 2nd thoughts) and staying on the Sydarm
    Ahhh, I misunderstood the comment.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    3,205
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    This frame has a tad more grip real estate than an intelli, where is it coming up short for you? I have large hands (not XL) and it feels a tad large in my hand.
    You might just try some different grips or add some sheet spacers under the regular grips. They can make a big difference.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sebring, Florida
    Posts
    809
    It's a very comfortable frame,I tried a direct mount asa and my little finger needed ~1/4 inch more to fit. I mounted a CP mini-razor and a mini block these gave me the little extra my XL fingers needed. I just need to make myself a small spacer and shape it to the frame. Single 86* anywhere in the thought process?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •