Thread: *Official Automag Pictures*

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    68 Automag
    Classic Valve (3 stars on reg)
    Level 10
    Smart Parts wood grips
    Doc Nickel's Automag Barrel Adapter (www.docsmachine.com)
    Deadlywind Wisper Barrel (Cocker-threaded)
    Special Ops Paintball T2W Stock (Left-handed configuration)

I got this recently as just the base gun. It had the wood grips, and that was it. Everything else I added on to it. I traded an older upgraded Tippmann 98 Custom for it, and I am very happy with how it turned out. I'm not going X-Valve with it because I like the versatility of being able to run CO2. If I really need an X-Valve, I can pull the one out of my Tac One.

The purpose of this gun was to create a lightweight and versatile scenario alternative to the bulky Special Ops Q-Bow. The Q-Bow is a good design, but certain flaws become apparent when you are toting it around in a 24-hour scenario. First, the weight. The shroud adds way too much weight and creates other problems. Second, the paint capacity. As a major scenario generally involves many small skirmishes, the 100 rounds in a Q-Pod may see you run out at an inopportune time, or changing pods early just to avoid running out. As a result, it is not suitable for prolonged games with an unusually high paint demand (*cough* .677 paint that shoots like crap *cough*). The 68 Automag I constructed solves these problems, maintaining most of the benefits without the drawbacks. The Wisper also fixes the consistency problem with odd paint sizes on the Tac One, serving a dual role.

Last edited by PhoenixWolf; 10-13-2006 at 05:44 AM.