Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: **Official Policy for Euro X-Mags**

Official Policy for Euro X-mags

All,

There has been considerable discussion concerning the beta X_mags put out by Europe during the development phase in the past year. The high demand for the marker has driven many customers in the US over to Europe looking to buy
    these used or new X-mags. These markers present a problem to AGD-US because we do not have the capability to update them and did not make the profit to justify fixing them. In the past this has not been a problem because all the product we sold had identical parts here and in Europe.

This leaves us with a delema. We need to reduce the incentive for US customers to prematurely purchase these markers overseas but at the same time not create a public relations nightmare which this marker seems to attract. We have discussed the situation at length with AGDE and come up
    with the following official policy.

For customers in the US that own an X-mag manufactured in Europe before Dec. 9th 2002 you can call AGD-US and return it for repair. You will have to pay one hundred dollars for shipping and handling and we will ship it back to England for them to work on. AGDE will ship it back to us and we will forward it to you. The turn around time is minimum 4-6 weeks. AGDE at it's discretion, may contact you about further payments for updates or upgrades. AGD-US is only responsible for the shipping, any issues must be
    taken up with AGDE who actually fixed the marker. If you would like to avoid the 100 dollar charge you are invited to call AGDE directly and ship the marker there.

For US customers purchasing X-mags manufactured in Europe AFTER Dec 9th 2002 we expect that those markers will be completely identical to US manufactured versions. For those US customers you can call AGD-US for an RA and we will fix your marker as we do all other markers with our typical turn around time.

For European customers playing tournaments in this country. If you bring your pre Dec 9th marker to our booth during a tourney we will do our best to fix it for you but that is generally limited to the valve system. We do not have the knowledge or capability to fix parts that are not part of standard production. You are requested to contact AGDE when you get back home for further help.

For SFL owners around the world. You need to contact AGD-US for major updates such as the LVL10 and ACE board. For general repairs you can send the marker to either AGD or AGDE.

For Micromag customers, our policy has always been to repair parts of our own manufacture. In the case of this marker that is limited to the valve system. All other problems with the Micromag must go back to the original
    manufacturer which is Pro Team Products.

For customers world wide that purchase new markers from custom shops you can send them to AGD or AGDE for repair under our standard program.

We expect that as production starts flowing out the door after Dec 9th most of pressure to purchase overseas markers will go away. The now standard parts will benefit all of us. Thank you for your cooperation in helping us get this product into full production.

Airgun Designs
    Airgun Design Europe

seems fair enough

Thanks for clearin it up for us Mr. Kaye!
    -AKA Viking
    -WASED Out
    -Halo B,rip drive,z code
    -14 in. Ultralite

personman Guest
    So, when I get my micro e-mag and something goes wrong with the board, I have to ship it to PTP?
    There is no warrenty on anything but the valve with the PTP e-mag?

AGD edit: we will fix boards on microe's because we made them.
    Last edited by AGD; 12-04-2002 at 05:35 PM.

I would assume yup, ya gotta send anything but the AGD direct components to PTP ....

Sorta like buying a supped up car, if one of the components added into the engine breaks you dont call it a Honda warrenty, you have to contact the people who put those parts in .

Sincerely,
    Dave K
    Its a wakeup call for the Nintendo generation
    GregHastingsPaintball 3 is coming

ben_JD Guest

December 9th?

Is there something we can infer about next Monday?

Originally posted by AGD
    For US customers purchasing X-mags manufactured in Europe AFTER Dec 9th 2002 we expect that those markers will be completely identical to US manufactured versions.

We expect that as production starts flowing out the door after Dec 9th most of pressure to purchase overseas markers will go away.

Thank You!

Thanks for taking the time to clarify your position on the AGDE guns. I believe the position you have taken should be fair to all who are involved, although personally, I would like to have the ability to have the valve serviced here on a pre-12/02 gun. Anyway, I'm going to pick up the gun that started this whole thing anyway just to have something different to shoot. Look at it this way Mr. Kaye: at least your loyal following are anxious enough to get your newest products to jump through all of these hoops! I hope it speaks well for the future of AGD, both in the US and UK. Good luck and God bless. -pbgunrunner

Tom,

as a owner of one the the x-mags in question.

i fully understand this policy, and agree with it.

for the people that may think this policy is harsh or not "fair", they dont understand business. or what it takes to run one.

and not run it into the ground.

the "free" things you do for all the guns you produce in the US for US customers, im sure are a strain on you business as it is.

let alone to have to pick up someone else's "freebiees".

so again i support you in this matter, and i am one of the ones affected by it

from the judge in the WDP v Sp case.... " i find it significant that aside from a somewhat limited notebook produced by gaston, the four named inventors offer NO documentation of there work or there contributions to the conception or reduction to practice of the claimed invention"

Ben: i was tihnking the exact same thing...maybe i WILL have my XMag by AONC!!

Lightbulb Wow!

I think that this is very generous of you Tom. I still think my idea about "selling" stars to Euro Emags would be better for business, but your decision is a great example of turning a public relations problem into a triumph!

Good Show AGD

Re: Official Policy for Euro X-mags

Originally posted by AGD

For SFL owners around the world. You need to contact AGD-US for major updates such as the LVL10 and ACE board.
    Does this mean I can send mine in for the ACE now? I know you kids are a tad busy (except for Jon).

Moorewatch

If you read this, thank a teacher.
    If you read this in English, thank a soldier.

I can send mine in for the ACE now?
    Oohooh me too. Then again I have my lvl10 so I dunno, but I guess the more bells and whistles on a gun the better.

I thought that too Spiff but I chopped my first ball in 12 cases at the SC meet. I mean 1 ball in 24,000! I can't live with those odds!

Sure sounded like to me that the first batch of US X mags will be starting to ship Dec 9th!

Sorry but there is nothing in particular happening dec 9th. AGDE has twenty guns they want to ship next week so thats where the date came from.

AGD

Originally posted by AGD
    Sorry but there is nothing in particular happening dec 9th. AGDE has twenty guns they want to ship next week so thats where the date came from.

AGD
    Maybe ship them to the US?

Are AGD and AGDE the same company? A franchise? What relation do they have?

AGDE is owned and operated by John Sosta...not Tom Kaye.

AGDUS sells items to AGDE at a very discounted price so that AGDE can resell them at the same price as AGDUS

oh, and you dont know how disapointed i am that there are no XMags shipping Dec. 9

Boo Hoooooo! Whaaaaaaaaaaa...

boohoo yourself Phil....shove it

DAMN DAMN!!!! AND DAMN SOME MORE!!!!

I want MY XMAG!!

Take your time guys, don't want an inferior job!

C Mayhem

Boo Hoooooo! Whaaaaaaaaaaa...
    get it together, ya big baby!

Talking

so tom....
    now that i won a warp in teh shatner AO party, how bout giving away an x mag in the next chat party?[COLOR=blue]

JT

your too proud you won the warp. almost every post you mention it. it makes you look bad you know :P

how are the AGDE guns different? just wonderin
    I like potatoes

Originally posted by CaPoEiRa
    get it together, ya big baby!
    Sob...snivel...sniff...o kaaayyy

the pre dec 9 XMags are considered protoypes by AGD....not production boards and other small parst

Ok, it is 3 AM, but I just want to be clear. are ALL guns made before 9 dec AGDE guns? I bought mine used from sprayingmango here on the boards, and, I believe, he got his at IAO. SO, that makes mine Euro? Or US? I just want to clarify. I personally dont have a problem w/the decision. Oh, and, thanks Tom for such a great gun!
    X-mag #10. Nuff said.

my feedback

Thanks Tom for the clarification on the Euro X-Mags.

@++
    Intimidator Shocktech with Technatrigger.
    AGD Emag Extreme C&C Lvl10 ACE.
    "Pandora, that is the FIRST C&C Extreme to ever be sold." Manike

"Destruction and reckless abandon. And you all helped to create it!
    WAY TO GO!" The EVE Online Team

Where the beer is deep. The forest is funny colored. Cloud nine is a thought away.
    Originally posted by Ityl
    how are the AGDE guns different? just wonderin
    Thats what Id like to know..
    AO #765
    CCM Series 5
    Prerelease Impulse
    Hyperframed Warped Mag w/flatline tank
    Feedback.

Good to know that somone of Tom's status seeks "relief" from a sport he helped create. A sport now ruled by a single patent.