Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Group tour of AGD

Exclamation Group tour of AGD

As AGD posted in the 'TOM' thread back on 07-24-2001 01:57 AM

https://www.automags.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/004641.html
    ---------------------------------------------

If you guys want to put together a group tour that would be fine and I'll even take you all out to lunch!

AGD

Tom,

I'm restarting the group tour thread with a less vague subject line than just 'TOM' as the original thread was titled. Hopefully we'll have more Chicago area AGDers interested in participating in the tour.

So far, according to the posts in that thread, we've got me (Gunga), the123, Gambit1106, wyn1370, lonch, and the_i3ug interested in doing the group tour.

If I remember correctly, you're going to be at the amateur open, which runs from August 1 - 5. What days work best for AGD to have some Magaholics come over for the tour?

Perhaps we could also play some paintball after the tour? Have the tour on a Friday and go play on Saturday?

Geez...this reminds me of field trips back in grammar school. Except this'll be more interesting and I won't need a permission slip from mom.

------------------
    Magnepan MMG planar-magnetic loudspeakers
    Carver Silver 7t monoblock amplifiers
    Sony EP9ES digital preamp
    Sony CDP-CA7ES CD changer
    Sony DVP-S550D DVD player
    Sony KV32-XBR250 TV

Yeah, I know this is a paintball forum. I'm just being different is all.

Hey, you guys talking about an HQ tour? If so, count me in, just give me a date. I am in Lincolnshire, pretty close to em'

-Rick

if you need any help organizing it, email me. might wanna get our phone numbers or something? btw what field is in the area to play at? blitz? country club is an hour away from me or so..

-rick

I may be able to do a tour...live in springfield...but it would be worth the drive.

-Chris

Hmmmm...as for the field, I was thinking about the Badlandz. Blitz is fun, but it's $120/case for field paint. Badlandz is BYOP. MUCH cheaper.

yea, blitz is a fair amount closer than badlandz. country club is an option as well..

-rick

im goin and i am in st. louis

------------------
    My Mag can beat your spyder w/ no paint.~~~me

Dont worry if it wasnt for losers like u, There couldnt be winners like me.~~~me

My mag is my mag, not yours, so go get your own one and be happy like me. ~me

i know that tom plays at country club. s he might want to go there. plus they are open at night. i dont know bout blitz

I think I would recommend Country Club PB because if people are driving in from a distance, and there is inclement weather, it would spoil it. Since Country Club is indoors (and I have a membership) I think that would be better we could even reserve the field for a private, all Automag event now THAT would be fun!

I'm reviving this post since the Zap Am Open is over and Tom has the time. I asked him about the tour at IAO and it sounded like WE need to set the date and he is game for whatever we decide. So i'm going to throw out a date. August 25th. it's almost 3 weeks away and is a Saturday. Most people will be off work/school and it's enough time to make plans ahead of time. I figure we can all meet at AGD headquarters in Wheeling at 9am, tour the factory, take lunch and then all meet at Country Club Paintball (http://www.ccpaintball.com) for even more fun! Any thoughts? Please POST!

Tom, if this date is bad for you please let us know ASAP.

Brian

Thumbs up

Sounds good to me I'm in for whatever. 3 weeks with or without a cast I'd wouldn't pass up a possible chance to play with Tom.
    Count me in

Darren

I am in for sure, as long as someone can give me a ride to country club I promise not to be annoying! I can even split the gas..

UP!!!

So whose in control of this? Someone needs to get ahold of Tom and set up a date. Come'on people!

-Rick

i have a tourney that weekend

lonsh, where are you from, and where is the tourny?

-rick

Does Country Club PB have a web page? I haven't heard of them b4

Yea they do, ccpaintball.com. Its an awesome field! I love it since I am small and fast, they have some inflatable bunkers and some hard plastic ones. Its a great field, and I am going to start saving money, so I can buy a case.

Zo Guest

count me in =) i got 8 free passes from my local fair for free field passes if anyone is interested. just need a date to make sure i can make it

zo- i'll give you 5 bucks for one

-rick

Zo Guest

if i do go, ill just give em to all of u guys

Zo Guest

Cept the Country club is FPO at 105$ a case=(

I dont think thats that bad at all, you dont use as much paint as you would in a normal game since there are alot of people in a small area your usually under pretty good fire and limted to burst shooting. They have alot of refs, food, and a proshop. Once we get a head count we can see if we can get some kind of group discount rate or something.

-Rick

woo hoo! this looks promising!
    Lonsch, suck it up and come have fun with us.
    CCPaintball would probably get all of us into a private group. I know Kieth, an employee there is a die hard mag fan and would probably help us arrange a group rate.
    I'm already a member so it doesn't matter.
    so far,.. Me, the123, irbodden, lonsch, thebug, Gambit, zvanut, Chris, zo, and whoever else posts on this page confirming their desire to join us. I'd just like to make SURE this works for TK, so i'll call Joann in the morning to put it on his schedule.

9 AOers Yea, count me in on the HQ tour for sure. I'll see about getting a ride down to country club, and I'll get back to you on that. I hope there are some fun goodies to see.

[This message has been edited by irbodden (edited 08-06-2001).]

$105 a case at Country Club, hmmm? Ick! Though it's not as bad as Paintball Blitz ($120/case for 'Team Colors'). I'd rather go to the Badlandz. BYOP.

How about having CC as plan B for paintball after the tour? If it's fugly hot & humid (or other bad weather) like it has been lately here in Chicagoland, I'd be willing to go to CC. Assuming it's got a/c?

As for the hours of the fields, Badlandz & Blitz are open until 4. I think Badlandz is a little farther from AGD's HQ than CC, but not that much further.

Any Chicago AGDers play @ Badlandz at all?

------------------
    Magnepan MMG planar-magnetic loudspeakers
    Carver Silver 7t monoblock amplifiers
    Sony EP9ES digital preamp
    Sony CDP-CA7ES CD changer
    Sony DVP-S550D DVD player
    Sony KV32-XBR250 TV

Yeah, I know this is a paintball forum. I'm just being different is all.

ok I just got off the phone with tom Kaye and he said the 25th is no good. just joking
    I live in Indiana about 45 min for Chicago. I play in the Indiana equivalent of cpsa its called ICC and I have a tourney that weekend. if we could do it the weekend before or the weekend after that would be perfect. i hope this is not set in stone

i play at badlandz alot and it is about 20 min farther than ccp. the feild at ccp is not air conditioned but the seting area is.

Red face

A chance of a life time and I live way way too far away

Anyone one buy me aplane ticket...heheh j/k

------------------
    That's gonna leave a mark!

cc is a nice field, and its open at night which is a plus. i dont understand how badlands is byop. how do they make money?

-rick

Zo Guest

how about the weekend after? since i know i am and maybe a few of u are goin the the Merlin scenario game which is on the 18-19.

well *I* have a tournament the 19th so that weekend would be difficult. But to put it a week after would be already september!
    9-1 to be exact..
    I suppose I can take a vote and see which is most desired.
    so all in favor of 8-25 post a 'YEA' in favor of 9-1 say '9-1'
    best I can do Lonnie