Thread: Tank Leaking?

Tank Leaking?

Ok, I just got home for xmas break, and went to go and fill my tank (88 4500 PMI) today. When I got to the store and gave it to him to fill, he brought it back from the tank and told me it was leaking. I listened to it and didn't hear anything, but I figured he knew what he was talking about, and I didn't want to argue with him. He told me to go ahead and send it back to where I bought it from and get a new tank. As I was talking with this guy I started to really wonder about him, since he was telling me that I would be better off to sell my mag and get a M3 Black Dragun. He even said that he would rather have a Black Dragun over an RT mag, and that it would be just as good as an E-Mag. He also said that PMI, Crossfire and several other tanks are just complete junk.

Now when I got home (about 10 minutes ago) I filled the sink up with water and put the reg in the water, and there was no air bubbling from anywhere. I even left it there for a couple of minutes to see if it was a slow leak, and no bubbles ever showed up. What should I do? Is there any way that it could only leak when he fills it? And if that was the case, then why would it matter if it doesn't leak other than that?

And the guy is an airsmith and said that he could fix it for $100, although he said I should just buy a new tank.

Help, Im only home for 3 weeks, then back off to school, and I want to play paintball, not wait for a new tank to get here.

hes prolly just BSing you...or the leak stopped... a N2 tank will frequently leak out of the fill nipple, but just adjusting the pin inside the nipple will fix this--an allen wrench will reset the seal and itll be fine. a CrossFire is a great tank, not the best, but still a great tank. as is PMI. I think this store owner is a smoking a little weed....M3 Black Draguns are nice, but not Automag/RT Mag/Emag nice...

I will tell you what you should do: Do not go back to that store again!! Since this self proclaimed "airsmith" is obviousely on crack!!!
    E-Mag's on a diet
    Stay tuned for Pics!!!
    Centerflag 201 series 68/45

I believe the airsmith really needs to take some air smithing classes. As previously mentioned, it may had a temporily leak since the bottle is new and the o-rings just needed to be seated. If it doesn't leak now, then I wouldn't worry about it. Just check the pressure the next day. If no change, then nothing wrong.

sounds like he wanted to sell you some new stuff. kinda like when you go to have your oil changed at the dealer and they tell you that your belts need to be replaced. (even though you replced them last week )

what?? you mean i DONT need new engine fans every 4 months??

man! look at hte money ive spent!! ARGH!!

he tells you its leaking, and it isnt. smells like a pile of crap to me
    SIG RULES SUCK REAL BAD AND THEYRE STUPID AND DUMB AND THEY STINK AND ARE STUPID AND I HATE THEM AND THEY SUCK REAL BAD

Exclamation

You might have the same problem I did (and maybe still do). I've got a PMI 68/3k steel. After I took it off my marker for the first time, I noticed that the pin valve was leaking a little...after a few minutes, it stopped. It happened several times after that, and I could stop the leak by wiggling the pin around. The leak would not start again once sealed in this way until I put it back onto the marker and removed it again. I called PMI and they sent me a repair kit, assuming I had the new self-seviceable reg. I didn't, I've got the old one. They then told me to send it in and they'd repair it for free. I'm not sure if I will though, since the problem seems to have fixed itself now. It hasn't leaked in weeks.

Anyway, my point is that perhaps the airsmith/fill guy heard the pin leaking a little, but the leak stopped on it's own before he returned the tank to you. Just something to think about...
    "I would like nothing more than to walk around
    wearing a shirt with a giant arrow pointing
    downwards, but I have this strange feeling
    that most people would take it as some kind
    of sexual suggestion rather than an attempt
    to infer one's final destination."