Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My tour of the AGD factory (pictures)

My tour of the AGD factory (pictures)

well about 2 mondays ago i toured the factory. ive been waiting to post this so i could develope all my pics. i'm sure you prefer it this way someof the things in here i didn't explain well because its going to be long so feel free to ask questions

well the story goes, my navy recruiter told me we were going to see the navy boot camp in chicago. then he asked if there was anywhere in chicago i would like to go

well on our way up to the frontdoor me and my best friend matt were extatic! i couldnt help to see tom and everything. well we poped the trunk and got my beast (yes i brought it) and walked inside. almost immediatly Jon jumped up and ran foreward to shake my hand (i'm not sure if he recognised me or the beast) well after a nice little covo with him and him awing over my mag tom came in wearing one of his famous sweaters (he's always wearing a sweater) he shook hands with all of and looked at my mag for a min. we all had a nice convo and then he handed my mag to jon who walked out of the room and we started the tour. we started the tour in the break room the was filled with posters and thank you card from various people. he lead on and we followed him into a bigger room that had a little miniature photo studio where the slug body was being displayed. i got to hold the RT it was on and it was suprisingly light but i almost dropped it when i looked past tom and saw a table with 8 CnCs on it. i quickle handed the slug to someone (i dont know who i wasnt paying attention) and went over to the table (instant errection) even my recruiter who knows nothing about paintball was awing over these and we were all like kids in a candy shop. after tom gave a quick explanation of these i noticed "the shelf" we've all heard of it or seen a pic of it (i got a pic of it) and we all got to see a lot of different custom mags and different stock ones. after this he took us out to a back room that was chalk full of spare parts! he was walking us through in when i noticed about 7 or 8 sydarms on the shelf. i doubled back and immediatly picked one up. this got tom's attention as well as the rests. tom gave an explination of it and we moved on. we got to another back room where you saw two people assempling all the products by hand (today was flatline 4.5k valves)then he took us to a small room where every body is hand soldered on with SILVER. he explained that proccess. then we walked back through the door and i see my beast laying in a million pices on the work bench!!!!!!!! the tech though i had brought it in for a fix'n. well i told tom (while eveing the tech so he didnt hurt my baby) that i always wanted to shoot a CnC. well he walked out of the room and came back with this beautiful CnC (pic below) that i was druling over. he gassed it up and handed it to me JOY TO THE WORLD... well i point it down the barrel, where they can shot paint in indoors, and the first hing i do is break a ball!! after tom explains why it broke (pressure reasons) he gasses it back up cleans the barrel and hands it to matt. matt gets a feel for it and hands it to my requiter. who after a turn hands it to mike (his assistant recruiter) who hands it back to tom. tom fills the hopper hands it to me and says "why dont you finish this up" i take the CnC and just rip on he trigger. it was the FASTEST i have ever shot a paintball gun before and i did not want to give it back. after that we walked over to another room where we see the pinball machine and something odd sitting on the table... i asked tom and he leaves the room and comes back with an assault rifle with what ever it was we saw mounted on the front. he explains about the non lethal system and everything. we then walk outside over to another building where there is this long hallway which he reffered to as the "firing range". with a normal marker you could not shoot from one end to the other but as you walked closer to the other end you could clearly see dents in the door at the other end from the nonlethal syste ouch. then he showed us the room where all the plastic paintballs were assymbled and made. (i'm moving on ask questions if you want to know more...) we walked further down the hallway until he stopped at a door and said "my toy room" walking in expecting to see automags everywhere i dont see anything. then he points out his telescope and all of his fossles (again i'm moving on ask quesions if you want to know more). we procceed back to the front building where the beast is waiting for me (fully assymbled) tom gives us all posters and patches and then poses with the beast and one with the beast an me. with many goodbyes and hand shakes we part and leave. i really didnt want to leave.

sorry the pics ended up too big. i need to reduce their size. they will be up in a hour or two

Sounds like a lot of fun. When i was in chicago over the summer i stopped by and dropped off my emag for servicing. I wish i had gotten a tour.

PICS

One of these days I'm gonna go down there and get a tour
    My Feedback
    UBLPB. UBLPB. UBLPB.

aww..you are so lucky!

I want a tour!!!

Glad to hear

It is good to hear that you enjoyed yourself!

Good Ole Amish Country, or just outside of lancaster PA
    man, the tours are great, got one last summer... it was soo cool... Runa search for JON I rubbed my Ninja off....

That was my trip to agd... im waiting for your pics!

Originally posted by Tom in reffrence to a post saying he acted like my dad...
    "That's right!
    WHO'S YOUR DADDY!!"
    ALL QUIT AND NO GO!!! Team Icky Forest-Shatnerball 2003!!!
    www.tunamart.com
    DONT SUPPORT HYPOCRITICAL MISSLEAD YOUTH, BOYCOTT HK

you guys are lucky, thats the kinda stuff i dream about.. too bad i live like 700 miles from AGD....

put a few returns in there. its ahrd to read as one big block

good story i wanna go see the factory now!

that sounds like an awesome trip and congrats on the navy!

That is one big block of jibba jabba. I skimmed it, looks like fun. If i ever get up to chicago i might have to get a tour

Well I read the whole thing, sounds like you had fun! Was the slug body milled, or was it just raw? Oh yeah and pics would be great

Good Traders: SupaTravis, Joeyjoe367, biker, Zenwood, arabian ape, beefstew, timmy63, ah137, kilaueakid, Will Wood, Remington, DicksonDood23, CPhilip, Fritzy, Dirtybunny, LittlePaintballBoy, JadedT, ChucktheMAGician, TheFlamingKoosh, lgavin
    My Feedback Thread
    Out of the sport... missing it.

Spray Painter Guest
    i wanna take a tour of AGD. mabey an virtual tour(looks down)

Last edited by Spray Painter; 12-14-2002 at 05:28 PM.

Bt sounded like you ahd a great time. I really ned to get down there for the ".25 cent tour" That is why, AGD is the best. They practically drop everything for you and show you around. I HIGHLY doubt tother companies would take that approach....

KUDOS to Tom and the staff at Airgun Designs!

C Mayhem

sorry for the delay. after i did all the sizing and cropping i had to wait for an important phone call which didnt come untill i was leaving for work.

hears the veiw comming up to AGD

Pat awes over one of the CnCs (note the face)

The Table of CnCs. the one used in the movie In Your Face iss in the crate beat beyond recognition crying shame

THE Shelf

Each Part iss hand assymbled

Each body is hand soldered together

Lightbulb so thats the secret

coca cola: the official drink of AGD

edit: ah more pics i shouldnt have posted

second edit: na im not waitin. keep up the great pics
    Last edited by TippmannMan; 12-14-2002 at 10:08 PM.

Tippmann, yea i noticed that too

Oops did the CnC break a ball?

Tippmann, theres 25 total if youre waiting.

Tuning up the beast

Matt tress out Tom'ss CnC

Who's next

Pat, My recuiter

Good Ole Amish Country, or just outside of lancaster PA
    INcase any one is wondering, Roman, (the guy holding the beast) is the guy who sits in that little room, and hand assembleas each agd body....

Also, gotta love that sweater tom! that one is um... louder then the other ones i have seen! bright read and blue OH YEAH!

ALso, did the cnc have the ace on when you choped? was level 10 not set to soft? or was it a barrel break???

MY TURN (note the intensse concentration)

magman, yes i didnt give him credit thank you for correcting me. yes i love his sweater. it wa a pressure issue. i sshot it twice before it broke. the first ball didnt get enough pressure to leave the barrel so the second ball collided with the first.

I'm happy, i want one.

Tom dissplayes the AGD non leathal croud control gun