Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: O.K. People Here it is, The first sluggo

I'm looking at a having a run of cnc milled sluggo bodies done if you are interested look here : https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...threadid=60001

(bottom of page 1)

, pm me if you have any ideas or are interested in having your sluggo milled in the batch.

thanks
    nuclear zombie
    "Anyone can slap together a high-end electro , where as building a high-end mechanical is truely an art form" - nuclear zombie

somebody should stick one on a lathe and turn it down to nothing. would probably have figure out a way to make the feed neck and detent look nice though.
    "The Fine Print: Discontinue use if your eyeballs suddenly get way smaller."

i want to see one that is very small, like someone said earlier. if you reduce it down to, not nothing, but down to something that is SHORT but has a little girth on it, with a bunch of twists and turns on it like fishbone milling or ripper milling then that would be really sweet.

Mukwonago Those Who Know' Wish they Did'nt
    Originally posted by Timmee
    Not even clear anno to protect the shine? Won't raw aluminum oxidize if it isn't sealed?
    Flitz
    As much and as often as I use and clean my marker,
    oxydation is never going to be a problem.
    Rick
    Last edited by FESTUS33; 01-08-2003 at 03:35 AM.

no raw aluminum does not oxidize. that is one of the great qualities of aluminum

I think he road in the tank to much

Hey Rick
    Is that what happens from ridding in the tank to many times? Maybe its a good thing I sold it. You might have come up with the first automatic main gun for the tank. looks very cool.
    Freak

erm wasnt the reason why aluminum never used until recently was because they didnt know how to get rid of the oxidation and when you make the pure aluminum it still oxidizes on the outside if i remember correctly

Re: I think he road in the tank to much

Originally posted by Rusty
    Hey Rick
    Is that what happens from ridding in the tank to many times? Maybe its a good thing I sold it. You might have come up with the first automatic main gun for the tank. looks very cool.
    Freak
    Hey Jim

Ain't it cool, You know if the two of us sat down,
    and brainstormed We could do it. It took me a while
    to figure out who you were because I've only seen
    one other post by you. What are we going to do for
    armor come spring
    Rick

Armour?

Actually I have not the slightest clue. Right now I am almost done building and ready to go back into racing Rc trucks.
    Less hassel and it dont hurt as mutch.
    Just need the propper funding and the tank will roll
    I do like the gun. I have a 90 deg feed elbow if you cant find one. Is it true that they are not being made anymore?
    Maybe Ebay is calling its name.
    Freak

Armour
    Jim
    North American Hunt Club has an ad in the
    september issue of they're magazine.
    New Argo 6x6 Conquest $500.00
    And a web site www.argoatv.com
    I havent been to the site to see what's
    included for that price, I assume we'd need
    to at least put an engine in it,
    still not a bad price.
    Rick

Argos and others

Hi Festus
    Thats a good price for an Argo even without a motor. If
    I buildt another tank it would not be on a 6 wheeler though.
    This place in Oregon has some cool units. "dieselcrawlers.com" They are auctual tracked units with diesel motors. I got all the info and with shipping these were 1900 dollars deliverd. I could put 3 times the weight on them compared to an Argo. I showed it all to Nikki and then Troy got involved and she backed out. These are the way to go. The driver would have been in the auctuall position for a tank with his own hatch, The turret would have been almost exact as to a real one. With working hatch. These were very cool. I got the welder and all the tools and equipment to do it right. Anyway that never materialized so the money I had set aside I spent else where. I even had more sponsors lined up to help out. All she had to do was get the unit. You know how much paint those draw. I bet 3 big games it would have paid for itself. Make that two big games. it would have drawn more people too.
    I started helping out at another field up this way now. Have you seen a PUG yet? Mobile paintball armour suites? Its a walking tank. I will send you some pics later. Or if the creator oks it I will post them here. Justthink battle tech and your thier. Have a Merry Christmas and trust me never shoot skittles out of a marker! They hurt when they bounce back!
    Freak Out.

i can not wait till mine is done. FSE power

Newton, MA :) (Moved, but still a Boston boy!)

WOW

FESTUS33, i am stunned with what a good job you did on that body. I couldn't do that myself in a million years. I'm partial to anodizing, even if it's just basic black, but the work itself is something I hope you're very proud of.
    I saw mention about the next wave of sluggos that will be available. Does anyone know if the plan is for Airgun Designs to take the best designs or their own design and release it themselves in mass quantity? I'd love to have my own one done but I bet the manhours involved in them being hand-worked like Festus33's would mean they would cost well over $300 with parts and labor. Way more than I'm ready to spend. If someone around Boston is milling their own Sluggos and looking to sell one at a fair price, please get in contact with me, I would be interested. If anyone knows about AGD releasing their own bodies, please also let me know. Thanks everybody, and again, great work Festus.

Re: WOW

Originally posted by QUINCYMASSGUY
    I'd love to have my own one done but I bet the manhours involved in them being hand-worked like Festus33's would mean they would cost well over $300 with parts and labor. Way more than I'm ready to spend.
    If you buy you're own body I will do the milling at a rate
    of $25.00 per hr. each body takes about 4 hrs. Then all you have to add is the feed neck and ball detent,
    the NW Paintball neck run's around $30.00 and a cocker
    ball detent goes for about $12.00.
    wallace9111 is sending me his body right now and I am expecting it within the next couple of day's, I expect to get it on the mill Friday and have it complete and shipping back to him by Monday. I can do this because I don't
    actually do this as a buisiness, {I just happen to have
    a Bridgeport mill in my basement} and I don't have an overload of project's right now. Anybody who's interested
    can send me a P.M. and we can work out detail's, Fair Warning! I can work to you're spec's as long as they are
    compatible with manual machining practice's, Or like
    wallace9111 you can just let me express my art with my
    machine. A true one of a kind!!
    Rick

Hey Festus,
    I finally got to see your gun. It looks so much better in person. I went out there to Sam's on Sunday to get my RT fixed. You won't believe what my problem was. I never turned my velocity screw in far enough. Atleast Steve told me I wasn't the first person to do that.

Moderate with Equality & Consistency in 2005!
    AO-WI: Player's List - Now with over 100 People!!!
    Karta #082
    Member #007 of the Unoffical Trina Fan Club
    Great Traders: automagfreek, ClassicMagger, Emagster, fire1811, Kevmaster, MrMag, Nicad, oldsoldier, RogueFactor, SpongeBobSquarePantsx2 , SteveDx10+, The Frymarker, Treefall25, Tunamanx3, warpfeedmod
    In Loving Memory of Eric "Po" Ison Oct. 10, 1974 - Dec. 31, 2004

Originally posted by AutomagRT1483
    Hey Festus,
    I finally got to see your gun. It looks so much better in person.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    Thanks I was out there both day's, a lot of people looked
    but nobody even asked to handle it? It's not like I was hard to find, what with my name on the back of my jersey
    and all, Although saturday I did spend some time working
    on the new field that we're building.
    __________________________________________________ __________

I went out there to Sam's on Sunday to get my RT fixed. You won't believe what my problem was. I never turned my velocity screw in far enough. Atleast Steve told me I wasn't the first person to do that.

LOL in the ten year's since I got my first Automag,
    I've done that a time or two.
    I've even seen Steve do it, so don't feel to foolish
    you're in good company.

hey festus i pm'ed you a few weeks ago and you never responded just figured youd like to know

and its good to hear that other folk got to see the first slug

mad props

that is an awsome milling job-its nice to see such sweet & simple milling designs. i was looking at it nad thought that if the fee tube was shaped like this:

Feed tube:>
    _____/ \_____

body^

that it would sort or flow into the body. just an idea

anyways awsome job!

War is peace

Freedom is slavery

Ignorance is strength

Originally posted by FutureMagOwner
    hey festus i pm'ed you a few weeks ago and you never responded just figured youd like to know

and its good to hear that other folk got to see the first slug
    I P.M.ed you back on the 24th Christmas eve,
    Send another one and we'll see what we can do.
    Rick

hehehee.....

Festus's custom smilees crack me up...... o.... while ur at it... Festus.... mill me a SFL/Xmag warp right breech module for my SFL......arrggg... waiting for AGD has its tolls on my saneness...... insanity... wutever.....

~da "4:50am posting" baller...... (been out at bars with mad old friends..)